onetruth

NOA1 taking some time

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So i have read other posts and seen the average time it takes for the Noa1. the most ive seen it taking is like 2 weeks. i sent the paper work on July 2 it was recieved on july 6th. it is july 28th and i have yet to hear from them. i called california service center today. since i dont have a reciet number yet i cant check the statues. they told me that it takes 30 days and that who ever told you about 2 weeks was wrong. does anyone know if its just taking longer then normal recently or if i should worry.

thanks for your time

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

it takes 30 days before you can call and inquire about your case. I filed at VSC, and I got my NOA1 around the 2 week mark. for some people it takes longer, and for some people it's shorter. don't worry! it'll come :)

02-date forgotten-2008: met online playing a game called lineage 2

06-17-2009: met in person for the first time!

06-26-2009: proposal <3

10-6-2009 through 11-3-2009: lived together for a month

03-24-2010 through 03-30-2010: traveled to meet his family

06-16-2010: started printing paperwork for I-129F package

06-25-2010: mailed off the I-129F package!!!

07-06-2010: NOA1 (according to the paper I hadn't got yet)

07-08-2010: check cashed

07-12-2010: hard copy NOA1 received in the mail

07-12-2010: touched

10-03-2010: touched

10-29-2010: NOA2!

11-08-2010: NVC received our petition

01-01-2011: called embassy as we never got packet 3. got "lost" in the mail. worst 2 months ever!

01-18-2011: medical! passed!

02-18-2011: INTERVIEW! APPROVED!!

03-02-2011: FLIGHT! POE: Dulles Airport!

03-09-2011: marriage certificate/license complete!

05-11-2011: mailed out AOS package (after a long fight getting the varicella vax done, and the medical paperwork completed)

05-13-2011: package delivered

08-11-2011: welcome to the united states notice! green card coming in 3 weeks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiance and I sent our to CSC on 6 july (7 july australian time) and we still haven't received anything either. We called and they told us we need to wait 30 days before we can call back to check but did not tell us what we will need to do from there. I feel some relief in now knowing we are not the only ones but it is so frustrating waiting and seeing others receive theirs. We are past the 3 week mark at the moment and I'm hoping that we won't have to call. My fiance sent our I-129F regular post and we used a money order so we are unable to track it. Hopefully we all hear something soon as it is so stressful waiting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

keep checking yer bank, see if the check was cashed, or if you sent in a money order, check with the issuing company, see when it was presented for payment.

other than that, hey - 30 days is the 'published guideline' from USCIS - but even that isn't 'gospel' for yer specific case - as it all depends on 'caseload' from the mailroom and USCIS.

Any address problems? Have you moved recently?

IMO, have an 'official freak out' on Day 45.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My fiance and I sent our to CSC on 6 july (7 july australian time) and we still haven't received anything either. We called and they told us we need to wait 30 days before we can call back to check but did not tell us what we will need to do from there. I feel some relief in now knowing we are not the only ones but it is so frustrating waiting and seeing others receive theirs. We are past the 3 week mark at the moment and I'm hoping that we won't have to call. My fiance sent our I-129F regular post and we used a money order so we are unable to track it. Hopefully we all hear something soon as it is so stressful waiting.

My fiance and i sent our petition on 8 june, and he received the Noa1 on 15 june by mail, they usually just take 1 or 2 week to send the noa1 by mail, but i dont know why, i think CSC is a bit slower than VSC this time being... hopefully u will hear about your noa1 soon :)

mtkjlr21hm8.png

beachbottle41241023528.jpg

Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

08 june 2010 sent I-129F

10 june 2010 NOA1

15 june 2010 NOA1 Hard copy and touched

02 nov 2010 RFE Email from USCIS

09 nov 2010 RFE Hardcopy

10 nov 2010 mailed back the RFE

16 nov 2010 RFE Response Review

17 nov 2010 Touched "NOA2"

22 nov 2010 NOA2 in the mail

30 nov 2010 NVC sent the case to US embassy in Jakarta

04 Dec 2010 received NVC letter in the mail

08 Dec 2010 Packet 3 received

10 Dec 2010 Medical appointment

14 Dec 2010 Packet 3 sent

15 Dec 2010 Packet 4 received "interview date"

23 Dec 2010 Interview Date, APPROVED !!!

29 Dec 2010 Visa in Hand ^_____^

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.