Neonred

Record Moscow Heat

51 posts in this topic

It's a pretty cool looking sticker! Would look pretty good with a Culpepper or Gadsden flag on there as well. Nothing like a coiled serpent to watch over the sleeping baby.

I'm sure there's a whole superstition thing on that. I'll have to ask in the morning. "Hey hun... uh, is it OK to have a coiled rattler watching over the little ones?"

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just took a look at the temperatures for Moscow and other cities over the next five days. A lot of very high temperatures, even up into the 100's. Can you believe Moscow is looking at 102. They probably don't have thermometers that read that high.

Now in Ukraine the government is investigating fires started near Dnipropetrovsk as possibly arson caused.

Where I am in Northern California, we regularly get temperatures in the 100's. In fact, any day in the summer under 95 is considered really nice. But, we are geared for that type of weather. At least we have air conditioning or evaporative coolers, but what will the people of Russia do with this heat and spreading wildfires. :(

Apparently the heat is contributing to some huge fires. Moscow is covered in smoke right now.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38589939/ns/world_news-europe/?GT1=43001

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

The stuff about the fires outside of Moscow combined with the drought and heat is incredible. The daily death rate in Moscow has doubled from 360-380 per day to around 700. The temperature for the next five days is likely to be in the low 90's to high 80's and not much rain in sight. There is a possibility of thunder storms on Wednesday which could increase the number of fires. I saw that the current number of fires is down to 377.

The drought has hit their grain production which is down 36% over last year. I suspect this entire scenario is going to negatively impact the world economy.

Now it's time for us to pray for rain to Europe and parts east. :thumbs:

I suspect this entire scenario is going to negatively impact the world economy.

Should be right on time with our tax hikes. Oh brother.

Buy it cheap and stack it deep! 2012 is coming!

Русский форум член.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Should be right on time with our tax hikes. Oh brother.

Buy it cheap and stack it deep! 2012 is coming!

Next Obama will probably try to postpone the 2012 elections for the good of the country. :unsure:

We hope things improve soon in Moscow. This summer has been terrible. The volcano seems to puke up more stuff each time someone is flying there or back and now Sergey has to return to Moscow next week, but he will not actually be in Moscow until about 3 weeks, he has visit Babushka first.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Next Obama will probably try to postpone the 2012 elections for the good of the country. :unsure:

Somebody was just talking about this in the OT forum. Said they've been hearing rumblings about a state of emergency in 2012 and Obama extending his office.

I don't think it's out of the question, especially if the world gets crazier with natural disasters and economic problems. Hopefully though, all that "change" will kick in by then and we'll be just fine.

We hope things improve soon in Moscow. This summer has been terrible. The volcano seems to puke up more stuff each time someone is flying there or back and now Sergey has to return to Moscow next week, but he will not actually be in Moscow until about 3 weeks, he has visit Babushka first.

Good luck to Sergey!

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Somebody was just talking about this in the OT forum. Said they've been hearing rumblings about a state of emergency in 2012 and Obama extending his office.

I don't think it's out of the question, especially if the world gets crazier with natural disasters and economic problems. Hopefully though, all that "change" will kick in by then and we'll be just fine.

Good luck to Sergey!

You know what they say. It is not the FIRST election that makes a democracy...it is the SECOND election!

I hope things are better in Mosocw when he goes back, but to be honest, most of the people having problems are older people or people with other health problems. Since he is young and full of about $3000 in American groceries and Mom's cooking, I think he will survive. It is a bad situation, to be sure, incredible actually. But I think our worries are minimal compared to some people.

He is now debating where to take his next few years of school, University of Washington or Duke, but I think hew will be in the states after this year. He is also in a realtionship with a Russian girl, Daria (Dasha) from the Ural region but promises no marriage until he finishes school and gets his citizenship

Gary And Alla

University of Washington or Duke, but I think hew will be in the states after this year. He is also in a realtionship with a Russian girl, Daria (Dasha) from the Ural region but promises no marriage until he finishes school and gets his citizenship

Give him about three months of "girls gone wild" at Duke and he'll (temporarily) forget about girls from the Urals.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Give him about three months of "girls gone wild" at Duke and he'll (temporarily) forget about girls from the Urals.

I hope not. We are strongly encouraging him to get his citizenship and marry a Ukrainian (Alla could be biased on this matter, not me though) He suggested an American woman for "practice", I strongly advise against it.

Gary And Alla

I hope not. We are strongly encouraging him to get his citizenship and marry a Ukrainian (Alla could be biased on this matter, not me though) He suggested an American woman for "practice", I strongly advise against it.

We are doing the same thing with our son. He has been meeting American women but his choices are really limited considering the comparisons just in body style. He's starting to learn some real hard lessons regarding the A.W. My wife wants him to look in Sacramento at the churches to find a nice girl, but not for a few more years. I'm telling him to not get serious until he's in his mid 30's. Maybe that's what your son has in mind and why he was thinking about A.W.'s for practice. :rofl:

American woman for "practice",

Hey, there's nothing wrong with that. I practiced quite a bit with an American woman before my wife got here, just to stay sharp.

look in Sacramento at the churches to find a nice girl,

Church girls aren't nice. They either practice abstinence (which doesn't typically hold the interest of young men) or they go the exact opposite route and practice as much as they can.

Русский форум член.

Church girls aren't nice. They either practice abstinence (which doesn't typically hold the interest of young men) or they go the exact opposite route and practice as much as they can.

Sounds like lots of opportunity for a young guy to practice then.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Sounds like lots of opportunity for a young guy to practice then.

Those are the crazy ones, though. When you want to stop practicing, they sit outside your apartment all night watching you.

Русский форум член.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

icecreamtruck.jpg

so hot, the ice cream truck melted!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.