jjd

lifting conditional status requirements..

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi,how are you guys..?i have a question,is there a possibility that you can be denied in filing the lifting of the conditional status of your gc?i have most of the requirements.what bothers me is we don't have a credit card in our names,but we have a debit card and savings account and some utilities that my name is in our address.Is this a problem for the immigration?your opinions are welcome. thank you.. :help:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

moving to ROC

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

hi,how are you guys..?i have a question,is there a possibility that you can be denied in filing the lifting of the conditional status of your gc?i have most of the requirements.what bothers me is we don't have a credit card in our names,but we have a debit card and savings account and some utilities that my name is in our address.Is this a problem for the immigration?your opinions are welcome. thank you.. :help:

Yes, you can be denied. Art Bell's filipino wife was denied, but mostly due to not responding properly to the USCIS.

If a joint credit card is all you are lacking you should be fine. We were short one item on the list also. And many other VJers have not sent in everything on the suggested list with success.

Of course, the final decision is from the immigration officer.

Edited by edp333

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks for responding..

That's scares me. I hope there would be no problem with my papers when i file it soon. I am now gathering evidences.. I read it here in vj that they require type of folder which is acco brand to use.. how does this look like? we were looking for this kind of folder but we could not find it. I already forgot too what folder we used when i filed my AOS. One question too.. what is Infopass and where and when can you get it? just incase we need to travel before my papers settled. Thank you again and congrats for the approval of your card so fast.. :thumbs:

Timeline

In the letter from friends or family to attest the legality of your marriage. Is the address and phone number and SSN important? because there are people that do not want to give there SSN. I did not try yet but thinking they wont give.. Your opinion would be appreciated again.. thanks.. :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

In the letter from friends or family to attest the legality of your marriage. Is the address and phone number and SSN important? because there are people that do not want to give there SSN. I did not try yet but thinking they wont give.. Your opinion would be appreciated again.. thanks.. :(

SSN is absolutely NOT needed. They just have to say they know you guys as a legit couple. USCIS does not need any of thier personal info.

Timeline

SSN is absolutely NOT needed. They just have to say they know you guys as a legit couple. USCIS does not need any of thier personal info.

Thank you..what about the phone number and address of the friend who sign it? is it necessary in the letter too? because i have one letter signed by our friend already but we did not put address and phone number on it. my husband said it is not necessary anymore specially the ssn. or can i just put his address and phone number at the bottom of his signature? is it necessary to be notarized too? Thank you again answering my questions..

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I am gathering my stuff for my husband's ROC as well.

In the I-175 instructions, it states (as the fifth example of documents to include with the petition, emphasis added):

"5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge..."

So, nope, apparently SSN is not required, but date & place of birth and address are.

Hmmm... just noticed that the *original* has to be included. I was going to send a copy, so now I know something else new!

HTH -

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Timeline

Thank you guys for your reply.. I just gonna add the phone number and address to the one that was done. More questions guys.. what is ROC? is there a specific type of folder where you put all the documents? thanks again for your understanding.. (F)

Edited by jjd

Hello, me and my husband fill out ini january, and as today we havent receive any answer from our case, the last touched was on 6/26/10. I didnt send the Affidavit from people, because I send some other things, my question is, is there any probability than they are taking so long with my case because i didnt send them? CAn I still send them?

Jan/21/10---- Application Received

Feb/11/10---- Biometrics Taken

March/12/10-- One Yr. Extension Received

March/23/10-- Green Card Expired

June/26/10--- Updated date in USCIS Portfolio

June/29/10--- Place Service Request

July/30/10--- Place 2nd Service Request

Sept/07/2010== Place 3rd Service Request

Sept/27/2010==EMAIL received post decision activity, green card apprived.

catcatsdg20070115_-8_My+Aaron+is.png

dev073pr___.png

Timeline

Hello, me and my husband fill out ini january, and as today we havent receive any answer from our case, the last touched was on 6/26/10. I didnt send the Affidavit from people, because I send some other things, my question is, is there any probability than they are taking so long with my case because i didnt send them? CAn I still send them?

Hi.. I don't know.. They said have one year to wait for the card. at least you already had the biometrics and it only took 2 months for your extension letter to arrive. I hope i don't have to wait for so long too for the process. Maybe you have to wait more maybe this days or months you will get it. good luck..

If you click on this link http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

and scroll down to Lifting Conditions (I-751) Related Forms there are some examples of sworn affidavits. It shows name, address, birtplace, and date of birth as requirements.

Hope this helps.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Hi.. I don't know.. They said have one year to wait for the card. at least you already had the biometrics and it only took 2 months for your extension letter to arrive. I hope i don't have to wait for so long too for the process. Maybe you have to wait more maybe this days or months you will get it. good luck..

jjd thanks for your replay, but we had to call about the extenstion letter because we didnt receive it, and when i call i spoke to an officer and, she was kind of mean and she told me that it was ok, that they havent send me my extension letter, but how it would be ok, if that extension letter is the proof of the roc movement, i dont understand, and i have place two service request and i dont have any answer. I think they dont want to work, and it is very stressful sometimes i feel like it would denied, but im still with my husband and we love each other, i dont know what else to do.

Jan/21/10---- Application Received

Feb/11/10---- Biometrics Taken

March/12/10-- One Yr. Extension Received

March/23/10-- Green Card Expired

June/26/10--- Updated date in USCIS Portfolio

June/29/10--- Place Service Request

July/30/10--- Place 2nd Service Request

Sept/07/2010== Place 3rd Service Request

Sept/27/2010==EMAIL received post decision activity, green card apprived.

catcatsdg20070115_-8_My+Aaron+is.png

dev073pr___.png

Timeline

jjd thanks for your replay, but we had to call about the extenstion letter because we didnt receive it, and when i call i spoke to an officer and, she was kind of mean and she told me that it was ok, that they havent send me my extension letter, but how it would be ok, if that extension letter is the proof of the roc movement, i dont understand, and i have place two service request and i dont have any answer. I think they dont want to work, and it is very stressful sometimes i feel like it would denied, but im still with my husband and we love each other, i dont know what else to do.

---------------------------------------

HI again..I know you worried about this but i guess there are also some of the filers who filed same month as you filed that until now they are still waiting. I dont want to think it's denied. Do you submit major evidences? They should give you notices on what to do or maybe call you for an interview that way would help them evaluate and for you to know what to do. I hope everything's will be alright for us.. I am kinda worried too because i will file on october and still dont have some of the requirements. Let's calm down..by the way what is service request? and did you use any folder? have a nice day to you.. (F)

Edited by jjd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.