shewolf

What's going on with Montreal and CR-1 Visa interviews!?!?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Let's just hope all of us May and June NVC completes hear soon. All this stress waiting has caused me to be eating junk food and I'm not fitting any clothes. I won't eat normally till all this is over! Argghhh!!!

Soon please!!! I'm also tired of everyone telling me they know someone who did it so easily when I know that's not true!

Keep smiling everybody;)

Just be thankful you are going through Vancouver...apparently its not nearly as backlogged as Montreal....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just be thankful you are going through Vancouver...apparently its not nearly as backlogged as Montreal....

Jadenjewel is doing her CR-1 visa which is only processed in Montreal unforunately.. Vancouver only does the K visas.

I am going through Montreal and it's been almost a year since I started this journey :( waiting 10 weeks so far for an interview and trying to be patient... Arggggggh!!!!!

Timeline

Oh I'm sorry I saw the Vancouver under your handle name. Im new to all this....well when you do get the interview date and if you want any tips about teh city of Montreal I did live there for 12 years....

My fiance always tells me that patience is a virtue....my response for the last 2 1/2yrs...it may be a virtue but its a virtue that I don't have!! lol We were originally going to get engaged in June 08 and then file shortly after but he lost his job and was unemployed for 6 months and therefore couldnt support me...and since I was just finishing school I couldnt have him come up this way....

Let us know when you hear anything. I'm pretty sure I will have to wait till atleast Sept before I know when my interview is so that would be 10+ weeks too.

Timeline

Waiting for AP does suck! LOL Not near as bad as it was waiting for your NOA2 or an interview though. So it gets easier. The worse part is getting bored because you can't work. I've never baked and cooked so much in my life. Its starting to look like Martha's kitchen in here. *help me* lol

Hahaha. I know exactly what you mean. I can't believe how much waiting is involved in this bonkers process. I had thought it would be over mostly after I entered the country and we got married but it seems to have increased the paperwork by double! At least now I have a few new nifty cooking and baking gadgets to use, thank you wedding presents!! My husband is enjoying not having to cook for himself anymore. I think he also enjoys all the cookies and yummy things I've made. I definitly think the waiting for a residency card has been the best part of the whole process because at least I'm finally with my hubby.

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Timeline

Wow thats tough! I will be moving to Upstate NY, only 2hrs from where I live now... but a border none the less! My fiance is posted at Fort Drum. We are under pressure from his bosses to get an interview ASAP so we can get all this done by the end of block leave Sept 20 (riiight). I laughed at him when he told me this (my fiance's big boss... silly me) and he was very serious in saying we need to do this ASAP. During the fall we have lot's of family and friends who are important and will be out of town so who knows... if the expedite works we'll be ok... if not then I'll be moving into an empty home and cannot plan a wedding because his work requires him to move around on short notice. They are being lenient with his schedule now because he just got home from Iraq, but after leave its back to being over worked and on the move. We waited to do all this because we though it would be less rushed... HA go figure! I feel more rushed now than had we done it last summer like we initially planned. Main reason we waited was I didn't want to spend our first year apart and had my own 6 month contract to finish overseas.

WOA I am getting off topic. SORRY OP.

Did you request an expedite from Montreal? I had inquired about it when we were waiting for an interview because he was potentially being deployed. They said that he had to have specific orders and the request had to come from his commanding officer. So it didn't work for us. Hopefully it will for you. My fingers are crossed.

I know exactly where you're coming from. It's one thing to be waiting all this time to be reunited and its another thing to be waiting all this time knowing you are going to be separated after you're married too.

Luckily my hubby's deployment has been delayed so we might have a few months before he goes.

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Timeline

Did you request an expedite from Montreal? I had inquired about it when we were waiting for an interview because he was potentially being deployed. They said that he had to have specific orders and the request had to come from his commanding officer. So it didn't work for us. Hopefully it will for you. My fingers are crossed.

I know exactly where you're coming from. It's one thing to be waiting all this time to be reunited and its another thing to be waiting all this time knowing you are going to be separated after you're married too.

Luckily my hubby's deployment has been delayed so we might have a few months before he goes.

No he JUST got back (like a month ago) but his bosses told him to get it done while on block leave. We wrote a pretty extensive letter requesting it and they replied back asking for more info so we'll see. I don't think we'll get one because he doesn't have direct orders... he only knows he'll be leaving lots for training after leave. We're trying to get a letter of recommendation stating that his bosses are the ones requesting it too. Pretty much the reason for it is because afterwards he has zero say on his schedule and sometimes he can leave for training on a days notice. Which we also included in our letter. You know the military, be FLEXIBLE! I definitely had a good line on that too! They are working FOR the government and have no rights about their freedom and sacrifice so much. In our letter we also made it clear that we don't see ourselves as more important, we are just asking it so that it won't affect his military work. I can wait until November, but who knows if he'll even be home then!

He is going to speak with the relocation advisor tomorrow and see what she recommends. We also offered Montreal a copy of his previous deployment info, his leave approval but again stated it can change the day of (it did last year), so nothing is ever for sure. His bosses have clearly told him they are not making any clear cut orders for training until after leave since they just got back from Iraq, but made it clear they will be hard at work.

If you want to chat more send me an PM.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Timeline

Oops you are already done! Well I'll be keeping everyone posted on what Montreal says.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.