CanAmBride

September CR-1 Interviews....Anyone???

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope. I've noticed, though, that all the IR1/CR1 appt. emails the last 2 months have come very near the end of the month (like around the 27th, something like that). So I'm thinking some people will hear a few days from now.

Good luck.

C.

August passed almost all of us by. Anyone heard anything about September??

Waiting for Interview in Montreal is wearing me down.

Since I postponed in January 2010, I never got any new date

I already waited 6 months or so..how much more do I need :-((

2 email replies from Montreal OP Staff - saying negative answer..No interview Date is available, blah blah blah

and yet If I looked at the thread...after the packet 3 , its only 2-3 months wait for the interview

I have filed through DCF - and its an IR1 Visa app, very frustrating and even though spouse already contacted Congressman in the US to follow-up embassy in Montreal but to no avail.

Timeline

nothing on september interviews yet still hoping to hear something soon

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Still nothing. Sept. wouldn't work for me anyway (because of my advanced pregnancy). But I'm worried that *nothing* seems to be happening. I don't like the idea that the backlog may be getting worse instead of better...

It's probably mostly a summer holidays thing. That's my guess. I know the consulate isn't actually closed, but I bet they always have some staff taking days or weeks off, etc.

With my luck, I'll end up getting stuck in the Xmas holiday slow time too. That would just figure :(

Anyway, good luck to those who are waiting...Sept may still be possible; it's only Wednesday, after all. We could hear something by the end of the week.

C.

Timeline

Still nothing. Sept. wouldn't work for me anyway (because of my advanced pregnancy). But I'm worried that *nothing* seems to be happening. I don't like the idea that the backlog may be getting worse instead of better...

It's probably mostly a summer holidays thing. That's my guess. I know the consulate isn't actually closed, but I bet they always have some staff taking days or weeks off, etc.

With my luck, I'll end up getting stuck in the Xmas holiday slow time too. That would just figure :(

Anyway, good luck to those who are waiting...Sept may still be possible; it's only Wednesday, after all. We could hear something by the end of the week.

C.

"Sept may still be possible; it's only Wednesday, after all. We could hear something by the end of the week." From your mouth to G-d's ears!!!!

Timeline

Good luck!!!

And I share your sense that this wait is getting flipping ridiculous.

It wouldn't be so bad if they'd at least be a little more transparent about the process...and *answer* our phone calls and emails in an informative and timely manner. It doesn't seem like it should be too much to ask...but apparently it is???

C.

"Sept may still be possible; it's only Wednesday, after all. We could hear something by the end of the week." From your mouth to G-d's ears!!!!

Timeline

Hey guys,

We've been corresponding with Montreal regarding interview dates (we were requesting an expedite because my fiance was asked by the leaders of his batallion to have it done by the end of leave)... anyways they had this to say about August:

"August appointments have already been booked as of June"... so sounds like NOTHING has been booked during July? Who knows... but I'd suspect they are coming out with a batch of September interviews any day now.

On a side note... I find a lot of errors in their emails and that they don't pay much attention to what we write in our emails to them :o

Then I laughed at the end when I read this "As soon as the file is complete, we will schedule the interview as quickly as possible". HA!

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Timeline

There is another lady on VJ that recently had her petition expedited , but i believe her husband/fiance is being deployed soon.

We're still corresponding with them about it. They haven't said yes or no yet. I don't think they understand how military scheduling works or something haha. Nothing is ever for sure. Even my fiance's last tour was delayed a week the day before he left, then his return was cancelled while he was waiting to leave and ended up staying an extra month (to do nothing). We are just asking them to work with us given his block leave. His bosses asked us to do it, and we are trying to be flexible to the Army's schedule and asking if Montreal can work with us. If Justin isn't there when I move, I cannot apply for housing, we cannot apply for a marriage license, all that important stuff lol.

I've spoken to people who got expedites WITHOUT orders for deployment, so we'll see. We also mentioned I am not working and nearby so would be willing to go in on short notice if there was any last minute openings. If we'd known Montreal was so backed up when we began looking into this last Oct we would have applied then, while we were both on tour... but we timed it so that the interview time would be right after he got home (last month)... only in April, when we actually applied and became more familiar did we learn Montreal saved us a little surprise.

Edited by Tater&Bugger

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/16/2014 NOA1

12/15/2014 NOA2

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

Getting more frustrated by the minute. This is ridiculous!!!! There are lots of us from May and June waiting. I hope all of us get a September date. So happy alll our vjer's inJuly got approved!!!!

Timeline

Getting more frustrated by the minute. This is ridiculous!!!! There are lots of us from May and June waiting. I hope all of us get a September date. So happy alll our vjer's inJuly got approved!!!!

Hopefully everyone from Montreal will be done summer holidays and there will be a huge chunk of interviews for all of you.

07/16/2014 NOA1

12/15/2014 NOA2

Timeline

I totally agree with you that the backlog at Montreal is not forseeable to someone starting the application process...and the lack of transparency on this point causes *serious* problems for applicants--most of whom have all manner of things that need to be planned. As far as I can tell, however, *nobody* (other than the applicants themselves) cares!

I don't know whether or not you'll get your expedite. It does sound like military people are the *only* ones who ever get them...so you might. But, I wouldn't be surprised, if I were you, that they won't accept anything short of orders for deployment...or some other kind of evidence that his life could be in immediate danger. They might say that training doesn't count as a "life or death" situation. I know they told me that they do expedites only in cases of "life or death" situations.

Obviously, though, you should still try everything you can to get the expedite. I know I tried everything I could think of.

I do think your issues with housing, etc., won't be given much weight. A lot of us have very comparable problems...and they really, truly do not care.

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to disuade you from trying, though. My intention, really, is to commiserate.

Good luck

C.

We're still corresponding with them about it. They haven't said yes or no yet. I don't think they understand how military scheduling works or something haha. Nothing is ever for sure. Even my fiance's last tour was delayed a week the day before he left, then his return was cancelled while he was waiting to leave and ended up staying an extra month (to do nothing). We are just asking them to work with us given his block leave. His bosses asked us to do it, and we are trying to be flexible to the Army's schedule and asking if Montreal can work with us. If Justin isn't there when I move, I cannot apply for housing, we cannot apply for a marriage license, all that important stuff lol.

I've spoken to people who got expedites WITHOUT orders for deployment, so we'll see. We also mentioned I am not working and nearby so would be willing to go in on short notice if there was any last minute openings. If we'd known Montreal was so backed up when we began looking into this last Oct we would have applied then, while we were both on tour... but we timed it so that the interview time would be right after he got home (last month)... only in April, when we actually applied and became more familiar did we learn Montreal saved us a little surprise.

Timeline

I totally agree with you that the backlog at Montreal is not forseeable to someone starting the application process...and the lack of transparency on this point causes *serious* problems for applicants--most of whom have all manner of things that need to be planned. As far as I can tell, however, *nobody* (other than the applicants themselves) cares!

I don't know whether or not you'll get your expedite. It does sound like military people are the *only* ones who ever get them...so you might. But, I wouldn't be surprised, if I were you, that they won't accept anything short of orders for deployment...or some other kind of evidence that his life could be in immediate danger. They might say that training doesn't count as a "life or death" situation. I know they told me that they do expedites only in cases of "life or death" situations.

Obviously, though, you should still try everything you can to get the expedite. I know I tried everything I could think of.

I do think your issues with housing, etc., won't be given much weight. A lot of us have very comparable problems...and they really, truly do not care.

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to disuade you from trying, though. My intention, really, is to commiserate.

Good luck

C.

No we were never expecting or assuming they would approve an expedite even from the start, but doesn't mean it won't stop of us from trying. We've been asked by his superiors to have all this done by the end of leave, so we're trying our best to do just that.

In the info we received from Montreal; to receive an emergency expedite (and we replied saying we don't consider it an emergency, just urgent), that stated orders for training count as well. From what they wrote it sound like any order, I guess since it's government to government it's different. I have seen others (within the military) receive expedites with less than what we have so who knows. One member simply wrote "I fear I may be asked to leave for deployment. Can my fiance have an earlier interview". Wasn't Montreal mind you haha. I think it all depends on who is handling the file as well.

Our issue with housing doesn't relate to finding a home, because that is not the problem. The military will be providing us housing but it's only once we can provide a marriage certificate. We've already been in contact with them in hopes of not having a 2-3 month wait once we're married to actually get a home. There are a few extra steps on top of civilian families that the Army asks of us once we're married, but nothing crazy. Just meet with a few people, get a few things taken care of... technical stuff haha.

It's just frustrating because while the consulate makes us work on their time, so does the military. We have to be flexible to everyone but ourselves. All we're asking the consulate to do is to work with us a little. My fiance has put his life on the line for his country, lived on a dirty cot with no blanket, pillow, heating or AC and one meal a deal for 9 months in an Iraqi parking lot. He lost co workers and will probably lose more, it's the way it is. I can go on and on but there is no point, we all get it. These guys go through so much. I can handle the waiting and the annoyances and inconveniences with stride throughout this Visa process. For my fiance on the other hand there is a lot of pressure, especially since he just got back and what he's been through it is a lot of stress. Taking care of all this and being pressured to do it in a certain time frame is asking a lot. So in turn, we are asking for the consulates help. Wether they care or not, meh who knows. But it's worth asking right? I don't know how he can do everything he does and still show me so much love and have the greatest smile on his face. Makes it all worth while. I love that man :)

Well sorry I went off on a bit of a vent there haha I guess from having worked in a war zone with the Canadian Forces I take things a bit deeper. Always keeping positive though!

07/16/2014 NOA1

12/15/2014 NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.