Khomer1964

Clearance Delay status at DHL

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hello All,

I was able to use the information from VJ for tracking my package on the DHL website. I located the date that my package was sent from NVC and put in the tracking field. Now, when i check the results, it shows a package arriving in China on 7/19/10,the same day NVC said my package had left. Obviously, this is not my package. Now above that it shows another package to China on 7/21/10, with a status of 'Clearance Delay'. How do I know which one could be my package. My package left NVC on 7/19/10. So could this be my package in 'Clearance delay' in China? Not sure how i can tell if it has arrive abroad or not. Thanks for your assistance with this. Just want to make sure it has arrived so i can tell my fiancee to look out for it.

Thank you

Kurt and Ellen

Kurt and Ellen

July 2009 - Met online

October 2009 - Met for first time in Shanghai

February 2010 - Ellen visited me in USA

March 2010 - Engaged

March 30, 21010 - Sent i-129f packet Priority mail

April 2, 2010 - USCIS received

April 6, 2010 - Received NOA1 in mail, dated April 2, 2010

April 7, 2010 - USCIS cashed check

June 2, 2010 - Called USCIS Customer Service, no update (60 days)

July 2, 2010 - Called USCIS Customer Service, no update (90 days)

July 9, 2010 - USCIS website still showing status as 'In Review'

July 11, 2010 - Website says ' Post decision Activity'. Application approved (98 days)

July 17, 2010 - Received hardcopy of NOA2

July 19, 2010 - tried to contact NVC for status. Could not get through. busy signal all day

July 19, 2010 - Finally reach NVC by phone (646pm EST). Case was forwarded to China embassy today

JuLY 21, 2010 - DHL website shows package sent to China

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hullo Kurt -

China Clearance Delay is some problem for Guangzhou-bound petitions.

Could you do me a favor ? Could you PLEASE Select 'China' in yer profile settings?

We've many members here that can help you, that LOOK at China-specific topics , first, VIA THE PORTAL.

Without being 'homed' to China in yer profile, your topic won't show up in the China Portal.

---

Now - on to yer question.

Oh My - tracking via DHL - that's absolutely the most ####### thing you could dig into, to do.

DHL to Guangzhou IV Unit is a big cr@pshoot, as USUALLY casefiles are HELD in a bonded customs warehouse in Guangzhou, anywhere from 1 to 4 months, prior to GUZ IV being 'allowed' to come get them. With that said, though - you might get LUCKY - you'll need to find out exactly HOW yer casefile was transmitted/sent to GUZ IV - IF sent via SAFEFILE SOLELY or a combo of 'SAFEFILE/DHL'. IF SAFEFILE SOLELY - you'll get some speed, otherwise be prepared for a very long wait.

There are OTHER timeticks, OTHER things that are important, for China-bound petitions, in lieu of 'DHL Tracking':

Calling NVC Human-

--get the GUZ casefile #

--ask them when it left

--ask them if 'SAFEFILE SOLELY' or 'DHL and SAFEFILE'

Calling DoS Hotline (# in my profile) Human- ask for casefile status - you can receive from DoS Hotline

--when the casefile was opened in GUZ

--when the P3 is sent out

--when the interview is scheduled

--the interview date

--casefile status after interview

Now - you can get some speed on the P3 processing, IF you are monitoring things with the Dos Hotline Human - please review http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/GUZ_P3_Shortcut

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hullo Kurt -

China Clearance Delay is some problem for Guangzhou-bound petitions.

Could you do me a favor ? Could you PLEASE Select 'China' in yer profile settings?

We've many members here that can help you, that LOOK at China-specific topics , first, VIA THE PORTAL.

Without being 'homed' to China in yer profile, your topic won't show up in the China Portal.

---

Now - on to yer question.

Oh My - tracking via DHL - that's absolutely the most ####### thing you could dig into, to do.

DHL to Guangzhou IV Unit is a big cr@pshoot, as USUALLY casefiles are HELD in a bonded customs warehouse in Guangzhou, anywhere from 1 to 4 months, prior to GUZ IV being 'allowed' to come get them. With that said, though - you might get LUCKY - you'll need to find out exactly HOW yer casefile was transmitted/sent to GUZ IV - IF sent via SAFEFILE SOLELY or a combo of 'SAFEFILE/DHL'. IF SAFEFILE SOLELY - you'll get some speed, otherwise be prepared for a very long wait.

There are OTHER timeticks, OTHER things that are important, for China-bound petitions, in lieu of 'DHL Tracking':

Calling NVC Human-

--get the GUZ casefile #

--ask them when it left

--ask them if 'SAFEFILE SOLELY' or 'DHL and SAFEFILE'

Calling DoS Hotline (# in my profile) Human- ask for casefile status - you can receive from DoS Hotline

--when the casefile was opened in GUZ

--when the P3 is sent out

--when the interview is scheduled

--the interview date

--casefile status after interview

Now - you can get some speed on the P3 processing, IF you are monitoring things with the Dos Hotline Human - please review http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/GUZ_P3_Shortcut

Thanks for the reply.

I changed the settings in my profile. i hope i did it correct. Sorry about that.

I called NVC and got my GUZ number and the day it was shipped. I didn't know to ask anything else. The customer service rep did say i could call DoS to verify that it arrived, but i haven't yet. I looked at other timelines from members who were similiar to mine and saw that it was about a week before arriveing at GUZ embassy. I hope I get lucky and they get it soon.

Thanks

Kurt and Ellen

Timeline

July 2009 - Met online

March 2010 - Engaged

July 11, 2010 - Website says ' Post decision Activity'. Application approved (98 days)

July 19, 2010 - tried to contact NVC for status. Could not get through. busy signal all day

July 19, 2010 - Finally reach NVC by phone (646pm EST). Case was forwarded to China embassy today

Timeline

Kurt - yup - there's loads of calling to do , from now till the interview date.

luckily, it's not every day...

IMO, that first thing to suss out - is 'how was it sent?' SAFEFILE only vs SAFEFILE/DHL

then, the next thing to capture, is gonna be 'casefile opened at GUZ'. Usually, once the casefile is opened at GUZ, things will start to move again - the P3 usually is sent out within 2 weeks of 'casefile opened at GUZ'.

Put this stuff on paper, get the phone numbers you need, and dig in, get prepared for some wait (maybe).

If you use that P3 shortcut, can shave off 2 to 6 weeks as well.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Kurt - yup - there's loads of calling to do , from now till the interview date.

luckily, it's not every day...

IMO, that first thing to suss out - is 'how was it sent?' SAFEFILE only vs SAFEFILE/DHL

then, the next thing to capture, is gonna be 'casefile opened at GUZ'. Usually, once the casefile is opened at GUZ, things will start to move again - the P3 usually is sent out within 2 weeks of 'casefile opened at GUZ'.

Put this stuff on paper, get the phone numbers you need, and dig in, get prepared for some wait (maybe).

If you use that P3 shortcut, can shave off 2 to 6 weeks as well.

Good Luck !

I called DOS yesterday and they said GZ had sent out the P3.

Does it mean the safefile has been opened? And where is the P3 now, mailroom or on the way?

Thanks.

Timeline

Does it mean the safefile has been opened? And where is the P3 now, mailroom or on the way?

Thanks.

What is the number you called for DoS? i called this 602 area code number and someone picked up and didnt know what i was talking about.

Timeline

July 2009 - Met online

March 2010 - Engaged

Timeline

DOS Hotline # in my profile. Click my name, see my profile.

Thanks.

not 'safefile has been opened' but

'casefile opened', moments prior.

As to where is the Packet 3, who knows? Check out my GUZ P3 shortcut, at http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/GUZ_P3_Shortcut

Mark, you baaaaaaaaaaad boy - PLEASE fill out yer timeline, over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=83237 Thanks so much, and Thanks in advance !!

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

DOS Hotline # in my profile. Click my name, see my profile.

not 'safefile has been opened' but

'casefile opened', moments prior.

As to where is the Packet 3, who knows? Check out my GUZ P3 shortcut, at http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/GUZ_P3_Shortcut

Mark, you baaaaaaaaaaad boy - PLEASE fill out yer timeline, over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=83237 Thanks so much, and Thanks in advance !!

Should I wait for the P3 or take the shortcut?

Will there be a ref letter that need to be included while sending back the P3?

Timeline

take the shortcut. print all the P-3 documents, review them - it should be self-evident what to do.

wa wa wa - superfast turnover at GUZ for yer casefile - must assume 'safefile only' on 'getting it to GUZ from NVC'. COOL !

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

take the shortcut. print all the P-3 documents, review them - it should be self-evident what to do.

wa wa wa - superfast turnover at GUZ for yer casefile - must assume 'safefile only' on 'getting it to GUZ from NVC'. COOL !

what is the difference between casefile and safefile?

so, i should send back the filled form 230 part 1 (btw, what's part 2 for?), 169 checklist, copy of passport, EMS return label with addresses prefilled.

What else?

Timeline

casefile - the physical file, consisting of the I-129F, all other stuff you've submitted, internal UCSIS 'stuff, internal NVC stuff, internal GUZ IV stuff, the K-1 visa documents, plus medical exam and photos.

safefile - an electronic secure communications net that is used by NVC to transmit casefiles from NVC to Various US Consulates/Embassies across the globe.

re: ds-230 - part II is for I-130 petitions/CR-1/IR-1 visas. Don't sweat it - she's not doing one of those .

re: what to send back - that sounds right, but recheck the OF-169 - should be some instructions in there..

Timeline

casefile - the physical file, consisting of the I-129F, all other stuff you've submitted, internal UCSIS 'stuff, internal NVC stuff, internal GUZ IV stuff, the K-1 visa documents, plus medical exam and photos.

safefile - an electronic secure communications net that is used by NVC to transmit casefiles from NVC to Various US Consulates/Embassies across the globe.

re: ds-230 - part II is for I-130 petitions/CR-1/IR-1 visas. Don't sweat it - she's not doing one of those .

re: what to send back - that sounds right, but recheck the OF-169 - should be some instructions in there..

thanks, but i think i dont need the shortcut now.

just got the P3 from EMS

Timeline

Mark - OK ! Good Luck !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.