AKguy

She's here!

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wonce, Twhiice, Tree times a lady......

Buckwheat ehe?, my girl is big on that too. Lucky for us we have a Ukrainian/Russian food store a quarter mile from us. If you have a Whole Foods or any other place that sells bulk grains you might want to check there, I remember (And Gary probally knows it) there was a place in Burlington called City Market. A good rule of thumb is.... look for place where white ppl w/ dreadlocks shop I guarantee granola and whole grains will ensue.

Yep...City Market has it also. We actually found it first at Natural Market over by University Mall.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Kinda freaked me out for a second there Gary, we too have a City Market and that Natural Pantry I mentioned is located in the University Mall. "I thought he was in Vermont!". :D

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Zhanna makes her own kaifir....... .... effin gross man.

They sell it here in the supermarket. It's sometimes over by the healthfood #######, other times right next to the milk. Eitehr way, effin gross is right.

A good rule of thumb is.... look for place where white ppl w/ dreadlocks shop I guarantee granola and whole grains will ensue.

That's actaully a really good tip!

If you don't see where they're shopping you could ask one where the shop is. They'll let you know. (Course, they'll probably try to sell you some herb too.)

It is like little brown, BB sized balls, cooked like oatmeal, it still looks like little brown balls and tastes like cardboard at best. It is horrible stuff.

We get split buckwheat and my wife cooks it with chunked up pieces of beef and/or pork. Mix in a little hot sauce and voila! It's actually pretty good.

I'm sure it's not so good as a side dish or on it's own. That would be like eating macaroni with no cheese, or spaghetti with no sauce. Why on earth would you do that?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I'm laughing so hard my eyes are watering. I thought I was the only one suffering from buckwheat, warm drinks, open bread, pots of god knows what sitting on the stove or in the frig. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I think some of you are being generous concerning the taste of buckwheat. I thought it was cattle food that fell into a pot (no we don't have cows). I'll have to try adding hot sauce to give it a reasonable taste.

I'm wondering why everything they cook for us that is suppose to be healthy, tastes so awful. My stepson has also worked at fast food restaurants here and has developed a taste for that kind of food. He tends to eat it with his friends and just tells his mother that he already ate. I think he's afraid to tell her what he eats.

Gary, comparing buckwheat to cardboard is insulting to cardboard. :rofl: I'm getting tired of opening an ice cream container only to find out it has partially melted and refrozen. Trying to explain that is not good for the quality of the ice cream falls on deaf ears. However, the stepson doesn't worry much about that. He can finish a half gallon of ice cream in three days if no one is watching. Actually, he doesn't finish it, he will leave about a tablespoon in the container, I guess so he can't say he finished it.

I bought a bunch of resealable containers before my wife arrived. She promptly filled them up with items that came in their own container and now we have nothing to store leftovers in. Thus, the pots in the frig. :bonk:

One last thing. I left an electric fan in Ukraine years ago. My mother in law finally found it and was using it during the heat wave this summer. It sure beats sweating with no relief in the apartment. By the way, my wife calls our fan a helicopter.

Timeline

Kinda freaked me out for a second there Gary, we too have a City Market and that Natural Pantry I mentioned is located in the University Mall. "I thought he was in Vermont!". :D

It wouldn't be such a bad thing!

No, our "City Market" is owned by a local "co-op" (this is called a "limited partnership" or LLP in most places) It is a bunch of white guys with dreadlocks and sandals. They hold themselves out to be "ehtical businessmen" and recently stated in our local underground (but predominant) newspaper "7 DAYS" that "Business is a vehicle to move wealth from poor people to rich people"

#######! I keep going over that profoundness in my head "move WEALTH from poor people to rich people" :rofl:

Anyway, I presume THEIR business is an exception. Funny though, they have absolutely the highest prices for groceries of all sorts, but claim that as a "locally owned co-op they do not have to fleece customers to satisfy shareholders in other states"

Sometimes the liberal rhetoric can just be withering. :wacko: Sorry, but I will NOT buy my buckwheat from them! I am boycotting their buckwheat! :D

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I'm laughing so hard my eyes are watering. I thought I was the only one suffering from buckwheat, warm drinks, open bread, pots of god knows what sitting on the stove or in the frig. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I think some of you are being generous concerning the taste of buckwheat. I thought it was cattle food that fell into a pot (no we don't have cows). I'll have to try adding hot sauce to give it a reasonable taste.

I'm wondering why everything they cook for us that is suppose to be healthy, tastes so awful. My stepson has also worked at fast food restaurants here and has developed a taste for that kind of food. He tends to eat it with his friends and just tells his mother that he already ate. I think he's afraid to tell her what he eats.

Gary, comparing buckwheat to cardboard is insulting to cardboard. :rofl: I'm getting tired of opening an ice cream container only to find out it has partially melted and refrozen. Trying to explain that is not good for the quality of the ice cream falls on deaf ears. However, the stepson doesn't worry much about that. He can finish a half gallon of ice cream in three days if no one is watching. Actually, he doesn't finish it, he will leave about a tablespoon in the container, I guess so he can't say he finished it.

I bought a bunch of resealable containers before my wife arrived. She promptly filled them up with items that came in their own container and now we have nothing to store leftovers in. Thus, the pots in the frig. :bonk:

One last thing. I left an electric fan in Ukraine years ago. My mother in law finally found it and was using it during the heat wave this summer. It sure beats sweating with no relief in the apartment. By the way, my wife calls our fan a helicopter.

Can you even imagine how happy our little dog Djessie must be? She used to have to eat BUCKWHEAT in Ukraine, now she gets real DOG food and Alla says I "spoiled her" because she doesn't eat buckwheat anymore! :wacko:

I am now the only American in a house with three Ukrainians and it is almost too much to keep up with closing the containers of food and putting them in the refrigerator. I have to swing through the kitchen every hour or so and put sh*t away. When I am gone to work there is no telling what sort of liberties are taken with my food!

And yes, I think they try to eat warm ice cream. If they could find a way...they would!

We had one of Alla's classmates and her husband over a couple weeks ago, They are an American couple. We have no ice in this house, I do not even think about it anymore. So the woman asks for ice in her drink and Alla says..."Oh, no we don't have ice" But the refrigerator has one of those ice dispensers in the door and her husband starts to tell me how I can "get it fixed" :rofl: No...you don't understand, there IS NO ICE IN THIS HOUSE. "Wh...?" I think this is why most of our socializing is with Amer/Russ couples, at least they understand.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Our cabinets are full of empty jars and sh*t. She will enpty a pickle jar, wash it and tell me "Don't throw this out, it is not trash" OK. Looks like trash.

The latest, we have a lot of containers in our cabinet of eggshells all of a sudden. Hmmm. NO, I am not going to ask. So they keep growing. More containers of eggshells. Then I notice she is WASHING the eggshells after she cracks the f*ckin' eggs and placing them carefully in the empty pickle jars, #######!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW WHAT?????? (note...she WASHES eggshells and carefully stacks them in the empty pickle jars in the cabinet but leaves the ice cream on the counter!)

OK, I give up. So I ask..."Alla, what is this?" It is shells from eggs. "I know it is shells from eggs. Why are they in our cabinets?" Because I am going to buy one of those food processor machines and then I can grind them up and put them in OUR food. "oh, makes sense...it is good for health, right?" Of course, it is really good for health, especially for me, for my bones. "Alla, we have pills for this, calcium tablets, you can buy them at the Aptiyeka" I don't want pills it is unnatural.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

You should see the face she makes when I recommend eating at McDonalds. :rofl: I do it just for spite... :innocent:

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

If you guys want to really have some fun one day buy some skim milk.

I got my wife really good last night. She hates peanut butter and I had some Reese's Pieces. She didn't know what they were, just thought they were candy of some type. I handed her one, said, "mmmmmmmmm" and she popped it in her mouth. She must've seen the bag right at the same time because she spit it back out "PHOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOO! Why you try kill me with your greasy cup? FOO! FOO! FOOOOO!"

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

If you guys want to really have some fun one day buy some skim milk.

Yup... We have to have his and hers milk in the house. She tried the skim and promptly spit it in the sink. Even the D milk is not thick enough. "I think there is no real milk in America". I'm now wondering if I'm allowed to have a cow in the apartment. Get some of that warm fresh off the #######-a milk for her. :D

I'm also proud of myself for not buying buttermilk!

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Timeline

Yup... We have to have his and hers milk in the house. She tried the skim and promptly spit it in the sink. Even the D milk is not thick enough. "I think there is no real milk in America". I'm now wondering if I'm allowed to have a cow in the apartment. Get some of that warm fresh off the #######-a milk for her. :D

The closest I've had to real milk in U.S. is "Organic Valley" D milk. It's thick enough and it has similar taste.

Other organic milks, however, tasted like ####### ("Horizon" brand, etc).

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Yup... We have to have his and hers milk in the house. She tried the skim and promptly spit it in the sink. Even the D milk is not thick enough. "I think there is no real milk in America".

My wife b!tches about the milk but the only thing she ever does with it is pours it into her coffee (when she's out of condensed milk) or into the cats' dishes. "See, event they not will be drink your fooooo milk like water. They not like eiser." Then I'll buy a gallon of whole milk and it'll go bad.

I drink a whole bunch of Nesquick and she hates that too. "FFFoooooooo! Too much kakoa! Too sweet! How you drink zis nasty sh!t?"

I'm now wondering if I'm allowed to have a cow in the apartment. Get some of that warm fresh off the #######-a milk for her. :D

We went through a period of sampling just about every product in the grocery store. The buttermilk wasn't the right buttermilk, the cream wasn't creamy enough, milk wasn't milk.... the only thing that's been "right" has been Kefir and condensed milk in the cans - and we had to boil that for a while before it was acceptable.

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Denis likes Raspberry flavored Kefir (Lifeway? or something). I can stomach that. It is downright tasty. Katya, however, likes to buy this god awful sweet flavored buttermilk from King Soopers. It's ghastly, and she drinks it warm, to make it even less palatable. Ugh. She hasn't bought it recently though, I don't think the taste is quite right. It's akin to how our sour cream isn't quite right either; but they still go through butckets of our nasty sour cream anyway.

06/05/08 - First meeting on dating Website

05/04/09 - First Face to Face meeting in Vladivostok

07/06/09 - I-129F delivered to CSC via UPS

07/09/09 - NOA1 Received

07/12/09 - Touched

10/02/09 - NOA2 Notification

10/05/09 - NOA2 Hard Copy

10/15/09 - NVC Receipt

10/26/09 - MOW Receipt

12/07/09 - Interview Successful!!

12/12/09 - Entry to USA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yea, Zhanna went on and on about how chicken doesn't taste like chicken. I told her "Why don't you put it in the cupboard over night with you Kefir and then maybe it will taste like real chciken."

She didn't think it was as funny as I did....

And there are several things she keeps telling me that are "Healthy" but common sense and having went to a health science college I tend to disagree w/ her.

"Sorry dear, Salo is not healthy"

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Timeline

Alla not only has to have whole milk...she insists on personally knowing the COW that gives it to her. I take the milk stright off the cooling tank in the milk house at a local dairy farm. She also needs to know the chickens that give her eggs and insists on stopping by the farm every so often just to make sure Alex, the farmer, is still letting them "walk on the ground and eat insects"

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.