Golden_State

I-693: Civil Surgeons in San DIego that aren't rip-off artists?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh...

I thought once I got my visa approved and arrived in the US, the rest of the details would come together easily. Now I'm trying to get a civil surgeon to fill out my I-693 form and am getting all kinds of b.s.

The clinics that DO know what the form is say the doctors either a) only give shots and don't do paperwork or b) have to do a full physical, from scratch, even though the one I had in Toronto is perfectly valid. They're trying to charge me $140 for something I don't need!

Has anyone had any luck finding a civil surgeon that doesn't rip you off in San Diego? I searched VJ forums and the one suggestion (a clinic in El Cajon) was no help at all.

Also, anyone have luck with this clinic? So far all I'm getting is a busy signal.

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Summer 1997 - met for the first time :)

04/2010 - reunited

12/18/09 - engaged

01/14/10 - I-129F mailed to CSC

01/19/10 - I-129F NOA1

02/22/10 - I-129F NOA2

03/01/10 - NVC sent along to Montreal embassy

03/09/10 - Embassy mailed packet 3

03/10/10 - Called NVC, spoke to an operator, received case number, verification of delivery to MTL

03/11/10 - Packet 3 Received from MTL embassy

03/19/10 - Packet 3 Mailed in

04/12/10 - Medical in Toronto

04/12/10 - Packet 3 Logged

04/23/10 - Packet 4 Received

06/11/10 - Interview Date! - Passed!

06/18/10 - Receive visa

07/14/10 - Enter USA

07/30/10 - Wedding Day

i haven't got to this point in the game yet but, try:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/us-civil-surgeons

also, i think i read that the guy in austin is no longer around..but i'm not totally sure.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

oh really? that would explain why the number is busy all the time.

I'm all over that list of civil surgeons - the best price I found was $75 (which seems like a total rip off to me). Other places were charging up to $140. My advice: call around, because there is no "set price" for this service.

Summer 1997 - met for the first time :)

04/2010 - reunited

12/18/09 - engaged

01/14/10 - I-129F mailed to CSC

01/19/10 - I-129F NOA1

02/22/10 - I-129F NOA2

03/01/10 - NVC sent along to Montreal embassy

03/09/10 - Embassy mailed packet 3

03/10/10 - Called NVC, spoke to an operator, received case number, verification of delivery to MTL

03/11/10 - Packet 3 Received from MTL embassy

03/19/10 - Packet 3 Mailed in

04/12/10 - Medical in Toronto

04/12/10 - Packet 3 Logged

04/23/10 - Packet 4 Received

06/11/10 - Interview Date! - Passed!

06/18/10 - Receive visa

07/14/10 - Enter USA

07/30/10 - Wedding Day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I payed 45$ for mine in nebraska then got a bill for 298$ a month later from their office. Promptly called and took their ears off with big words and they said they would call me back in an hour. Hour later they called and said that it indeed was a mistake made by the office girl at the desk. Thank god cus my heart fell out of my mouth when i got that bill.

Dr Arnold is no longer working and some of the offices will not accept medical papers signed by him because of the mailing dispute. The fact of seeing the DR in person VS the idea of doing it over fax and getting mailed the papers without ever seeing the dr. Maybe they are thinking forged/ fake documents for the reason of not accepting papers from this dr.

But you are correct, keep calling around till you find a doctor with a low price is really all you can do. I took a week here to call around and people were charging upwards of 200$ for a signature from a doctor in nebraska lol.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.