horntoad

DOS via Phone

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I don't know what to think. I called DOS 07/14 and was told the Consulate had got her resume and new medical and was reviewing it call back 07/19 I did and no updates to our case. Just got off the horn again with DOS and the lady told me this.

DOS: The Consulate has recieved your wife's medical and resume and is ready to issue the visa but has not yet.

me: They are ready to issue the visa?

DOS: Yes sir.

me: So they are going to issue the visa?? Really?

DOS: Sir I don't know how else to explain it to you. They are ready to issue the visa but have not yet.

me: Well thats great news.

DOS: Yes sir and I am happy for you.

me: So when should I call back and check if the visa has been issued?

DOS: Call back in two weeks, have a great day sir.

I don't know if I should trust them or not. What do y-all think?

BTW. I don't think I can wait two weeks, I think I will call again in the morning.

I would definitely call again in the morning, and EVERY morning until you get an answer one way or another that something has been done. It could be that they're taking forever to update their system. It could be that someone used your file to hold up their coffee cup. Either way - KEEP ON THEM.

Good luck! :thumbs:

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

Timeline

Daily Dos Hotline call-in, HornedToaded. Try for 11 AM EST each day.

when you call in, ask , each time, for the last 3 'status changes' with each date/time stamp, as well.

KEEP A WRITTEN TRACK of these things, as well -

if you 'do it right' - you'll notice a pattern of status changes.

IMO, it'll be 10 days from GUZ IV stating they have added it to the casefile, to issuing a visa or call-in-letter.

Alternatively, you can contact GUZ IV via email - suggest you do that, when the GUZ IV unit is open.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

FWIW - I don't know if I should trust them or not -

you really should !!

They share data with GUZ IV 'puter systems, all part of same internal Department of State Computer.

Updated at GUZ IV? DoS Operator will see it. Sometimes is 24 hours off, depending on Time Zone-ed-ness.

IMO - the 'trick' is to ask the right question.

Be certain you are asking the right question.

If you have a moment, prepare your questions (plural), write them down on paper, vette them yerself, prior to making that phone call - just so you understand that yer ASKING the right question.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

FWIW - I don't know if I should trust them or not -

you really should !!

They share data with GUZ IV 'puter systems, all part of same internal Department of State Computer.

Updated at GUZ IV? DoS Operator will see it. Sometimes is 24 hours off, depending on Time Zone-ed-ness.

IMO - the 'trick' is to ask the right question.

Be certain you are asking the right question.

If you have a moment, prepare your questions (plural), write them down on paper, vette them yerself, prior to making that phone call - just so you understand that yer ASKING the right question.

Okay Darnell Called today asked as you suggested and was told that the last update " July 15 Call in sent." Same update for the CR-2.

Never told this before by the DOS and called them many times after July 15. I am not sure what "call in sent" means I have seen over at CFL about call in letters. Maybe the same?? Anyway the wife has never got a call or a letter from the Consulate yet.

Anyone got a number for the Consulate that might help?

Call in sent maybe good yes?

Also if it is a call in letter how long would it take to go from GUZ to Shenzhen?

Edited by horntoad

Timeline

This is a call-in-letter.

Usually a 'call-in-letter' is sent because the interviewees went home with their passports.

If that's indeed the case with yer girls, then is ok .

If the GUZ IV unit already has the passports, and a call-in-letter was sent, somethings woefully amiss.

Now then - are you getting the 'last 3 status thingies' with date/time stamp, as well, on each phone call ?

I worry about you, I give you much advice, you seem to decide to 'do something else', most of the time.

Keep Calling, though, record current status and prior 3 status thingies, each time you call (which means you must ask for them).

See? You get different answers depending on when you call and what you ask. Please spend more time to prepare yer questions - and please make sure that your questions are understandble by someone with a 6th-grade reading and comprehension level (DoS TeleOperator)

IMO, you've got some more homework to do.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

This is a call-in-letter.

Usually a 'call-in-letter' is sent because the interviewees went home with their passports.

If that's indeed the case with yer girls, then is ok .

If the GUZ IV unit already has the passports, and a call-in-letter was sent, somethings woefully amiss.

Now then - are you getting the 'last 3 status thingies' with date/time stamp, as well, on each phone call ?

I worry about you, I give you much advice, you seem to decide to 'do something else', most of the time.

Keep Calling, though, record current status and prior 3 status thingies, each time you call (which means you must ask for them).

See? You get different answers depending on when you call and what you ask. Please spend more time to prepare yer questions - and please make sure that your questions are understandble by someone with a 6th-grade reading and comprehension level (DoS TeleOperator)

IMO, you've got some more homework to do.

Hi Darnell

Worried bout little ol me. Shucks you made me blush with that one. :rofl:

I did as you suggested and got the last 3 updates with dates and it did make a difference. Thank you, the DOS Operators never told me this before today and I have called many times.

Yep, my girls took their passports back home with them so I will take this as very the gooda news. :)

So should I call GUZ or wait a few more days there Dannell? Call in sent July 15th.

Timeline

Wait till THEY get the letters in hand.

Once they have the LETTERS in hand - they can go back to GUZ IV, hand over passports, and go back to Shenzhen, wait for the visa packet to arrive.

The call-in-letter will have a 'time of day' and 'days of the week' listed, to come back and show up. Is basically 'walk in during these times'.

Might want to make COPIES of the call in letter, give guard a COPY, they might need ORIGINAL if any SHIPPING PROBLEMS (as you've said before, is huge shipping problem to her address)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.