Golden Boy

What documents for Interview?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In preparation for my finacee's hopefully soon to be interview. Can someone provide a list of forms that she will need to send to the Embassy in Manila and what forms will she need to bring?

We already have these documents prepared:

NBI Clearance

Birth Certificate

CENOMAR

Proof of Existing Relationship

chat logs

emails

phone logs

photos

Fiance's Letter of Intent.

We are filling out 2 copies of each

DS-156

DS-156K

DS-157

DS230

Am I missing any?

Which ones will she need to send to the Embassy prior to interview and which ones will she bring with?

Also, is it necessary for me to send her the I-134 form with tax returns etc...? Or can I just bring it with me, I plan on arriving 2-3 days before her interview? I'm a little concerned with having my social security # and personal info traveling half way around the world.

Thanks a Bunch,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The I-134 is presented on Interview Day.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

In preparation for my finacee's hopefully soon to be interview. Can someone provide a list of forms that she will need to send to the Embassy in Manila and what forms will she need to bring?

NBI Clearance

Birth Certificate

CENOMAR

chat logs

emails

phone logs

photos

DS-156

DS-156K

DS-157

DS230

Am I missing any?

Which ones will she need to send to the Embassy prior to interview and which ones will she bring with?

Also, is it necessary for me to send her the I-134 form with tax returns etc...? Or can I just bring it with me, I plan on arriving 2-3 days before her interview? I'm a little concerned with having my social security # and personal info traveling half way around the world.

Thanks a Bunch,

Yes form I-134 plus supporting documents like tax returns and W2's, employment letter and pay stubs.

Adjustment of Status

May 4, 2010 - Date Filed I-485,I-765,I-131

May 11, 2010 - NOA for I-485,I-765,I-131 May 17, 2010 - Biometrics appointment received in the mail

May 24, 2010 - Walk-in Biometrics successful (ASC Michigan City, IN)

June 1, 2010 - Case transferred to CSC

July 14, 2010 - EAD approved, for card production

July 19, 2010 - Received AP in the mail

July 21, 2010 - I-485 GC approved, for card production

July 26, 2010 - Welcome letter received

July 28, 2010 - EAD card received

July 31, 2010 - Greencard received

Removal of Conditions

May 7, 2012 - Date Filed I-751

May 9, 2012 - Date of NOA!

June 8, 2012 - Biometrics Schedule

Timeline

The I-134 is presented on Interview Day.

Ok, so it is fine to hand deliver my I-134 along with said tax returns, 1099, tax transcript etc. on the day of the interview. So there is no need for me to send anything more to my fiancee prior to her interview???

Thank you

NBI Clearance

Birth Certificate

CENOMAR

chat logs

emails

phone logs

photos

DS-156

DS-156K

DS-157

DS230

Am I missing any?

My then-fiancée and I included updated letters of Intent to Marry.

She will not send anything to the Embassy. She will bring everything to her interview.

It is not necessary to send her your I-134 and all of its supporting documents. You can hand-carry them and give them to her before her interview. Make sure you review them with her before her interview so that she is familiar with everything.

You need your I-134, your 2009 income tax return, your 2009 W-2's and 1099's, a letter of employment, and several recent pay stubs.

Thanks a Bunch,

Walang anuman. Good luck! :thumbs::)

Timeline

@TAHOMA...we are already waiting for our Manila case# and schedule of interview...thanks alot for the infos..be blessed!!

@GOLDEN BOY....Godbless to us..just have faith!!

* K1 Journey

2009-12-09 -met online

2009-23-09 -became a couple(was so happy:)

2010-21-03 -visited Philippines(spent wonderful times together)

2010=27-03 -engaged(Yes!!)

2010-09-04 -went back to US :(

2010-29-04 -Filed I-29F

2010-04-05 -Received NOA1

2010-12-07 -NOA2 approved

2010-18-07 -Received NOA2 hardcopy

2010-26-07 -US Embassy(Manila) received our petition!!..(yahoo!!)

2010-04-08 -HAPPY BDAY MATT!!

2010-18-08 -Medical Exam-PASSED!!..God is so good!!

2010-26-08 -Interview @ USEmbassy- APPROVED( Thank you Lord!)

2010-03-09 -Got my Visa in Hand!!..Yepey..Thank God!!..

2010-17-09 -POE:SFO,CA

2010-23-10 -Wedding @ Springfield, MO

* AOS Journey

2010-07-12 -Filed for AOS & EAD(USPS Express Mail)

2010-08-12 -USCIS received the package

2010-14-12 -Received text & email from USCIS that they accepted our AOS & EAD Application..HAPPY BDAY MARIA!!

2010-20-12 -Got our NOA1 letters in the mail for our I-485 & I-765...A wonderful Christmas gift for us!!

2011-19-01 -Received Biometrics schedule!!

2011-07-02 -Biometrics done!!..thanked God!!

2011-17-03 -AOS Interview..APPROVED!!

2011-24-03 -GREENCARD received!!..it's green indeed!!..lol..

• 1 month later...
Timeline

the mention of a ds-230 took me aback. ive done fiancee visas twice the first fiancee paniced and left again at the culture shock and her uncertainty of whether she really wanted me or one of several other boyfriends, releasing me after the visa was completed and she was here to find the true love of my life, whom i am now helping get ready for an interview, and i never did a ds-130 for either, it being an immigrant visa application that duplicates much of the information on the ds-156,156k and 157,and the k-1 visa being technically a non immigrant visa, that will allow your forign fiancee to enter the USA to marry you and then become a resident and possibly citizen. i wonder if theres been a change requireing the ds-230 for a k-1 visa or if i bungled into a different discussion.

before signing up on this site i found it searching for the validity time of a cenomar, and on this site someone said they have no validity period and that you dont have to get another based on the time since you got one. then i sigend up and have been unable to locate that thread again. i hope someone with more expereince on this site can give me a clue. i searched at the top with no sucess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.