nafnaf

Waiting time to receive visa

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

QUESTION FOR A FRIEND:

Okay here it goes, My friend had her interview last July 7, 2010. Everything is fine except for the lacking document that the consul asked from her, and that is the NBI clearance. (this NBI clearance pertains to her name BEFORE she got married to her american husband)p.s. she is married to a Filipino before and is already annuled.. so the consul ask an NBI with her name married to a Filipino. She pass it right away the following day at US embassy manila. Now, she is worried coz she still did not receive her visa, her question is does it takes a month or two or more for her visa to arrive? Does anybody here who has the same situation? pls kindly post your experience about the waiting time... (btw, she had a daughter with her american husband that the Birth certicicate is late registered in the Embassy...does this thing make it more longer too for her visa to arrive?)

It could be days, or it could be weeks. Your friend should call the Embassy next week and ask them about the status of her visa.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

She can call the embassy next week to ask about the status of her visa. Mine was approved the next day after I submitted the lacking document, however, I didn't learn about it until less than a week after.

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Timeline

I was in a similar situation. I submitted the lacking document on the 7th. I called the Embassy about the status of my case yesterday and learned that I was approved on the 13th. Visa delivery takes 7-10 days upon approval but that will vary depending on the influx of cases plus backlogs.

Tell your friend that she can reach the Embassy at : 3012000 press 7 then 5184 or 5185

I believe that he waiting period depends on the kind of document you lack so call the Embassy at least once a week to check the case status.

That information was given to me by Tin (scotty's girl) and it helped me a lot!

Good luck!

Toni

K-1 TIMELINE

2-12-10: I-129F arrived at CSC

2-16-10: NOA1 issued

2-20-10: NOA1 hard copy received

4-5-10: NOA2 issued

4-9-10: NOA2 hard copy received

4-26-10: Embassy sent Toni a letter

6-9 & 11-10: Medical at SLMEC - PASSED!

7-1-10: Interview - BLUE

7-6-10: Submitted additional evidence of current sustained income (paychecks)

7-13-10: Visa Approved! (FINALLY!!!)

7-19-10: Visa Issued!

7-21-10: VISA IN HAND! (Thank God! The wait is finally over.)

8-26-10: POE: LAX

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

4-1-11: AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

5-2-11: NOA issued for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: NOA hard copy received for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: Biometrics appointment letter received

5-20-11: AOS Package was transferred to CSC

5-26-11: Biometrics appointment

5-26-11: EAD approved (that was faaaaaaasst!)

10-3-11: AOS finally approved!

Timeline

If she has all the documents it won't make a difference, However if your friend can't figure out how to ask her own questions she has probably screwed up the paperwork anyway.

xl91yv7f.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.