belle0121

Marriage Liscense

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What are the requirements for me and my fiance for getting his Legal Capacity to Marry and our Marriage Liscence? Thank you:)

Where ? What country?

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Philippines

That is important information to share.... update your profile so people can see some of the basic... it will prevent totally incorrect answers for you...

This is more a specific regional issue so I will move this to the PI regional because you need a PI specific answer

YMMV

That is important information to share.... update your profile so people can see some of the basic... it will prevent totally incorrect answers for you...

This is more a specific regional issue so I will move this to the PI regional because you need a PI specific answer

Thank you:)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The USC just need his passport and it would be better to bring his birth certificate too, plus $30, you can pay in peso too, just be sure to be early 10am is the cut-off time, you can go with him, just make sure you bring ID too. get a number and fill-up the form, a little interview and in 5 minutes your done. good luck.

Check with your city for specific requirements they might have because they do vary on what they require for a marriage license.

My fiancees city required that I have a certified Cenomar, birth or baptismal certificate, Affidavit, and divorce papers. They wanted four copies of each.

I was at the city office for three hours while they did mine. Also we had a 12 day instead of 10 day wait. While we were able to start the 12 day process the first day their official stance is that they also don't issue license until you have taken the marriage class. Most other people did not have to submit much of what I had to which is why I encourage you to check so you can be absolutely sure you have everything you will need for your marriage license.

Edited by Atencio

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

in legal capacity for marriage.... just go in US embassy with ur fiance and tell to the guard you need legal capacity for marriage. (6am-10am only)

for marriage license ask the city office what is the requirement on them coz sometimes its different in every cities. but the requirement is CENOMAR, birth cert of both of you and legal capacity.

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The USC just need his passport and it would be better to bring his birth certificate too, plus $30, you can pay in peso too, just be sure to be early 10am is the cut-off time, you can go with him, just make sure you bring ID too. get a number and fill-up the form, a little interview and in 5 minutes your done. good luck.

This is for your Fiancée when he apply for Legal Capacity to Marry at USEM, For the Marriage Licence check with your Local Civil Registry where your Wedding will take place.

All he needs for his Legal Capacity to Marry is his passport, and divorce decree (if required). Definitely get there early. They will give him the forms to fill out, he will go pay for the service, and have a short interview with the CO.

As for the license, it does vary by Barangay. We married in Quezon City, and we needed my passport, divorce decree, and birth certificate. My wife needed her CENOMAR, birth certificate, passport, and that's about it. Good luck!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-02-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-06-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-19

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2010-08-03

NVC Received : 2010-08-10

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-17

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-09-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-09-18

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-09-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-09-25

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-05

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-06

The actual hours are everyday from Monday through Friday from 8:00 - 10:00 am, except Philippine and American holidays. But like getting a newly released game of movie in the US you must get in line early for almost everything in the philippines. I suggest getting in line no later than 7 AM, then go to the Embassy's American Citizen Services Branch.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.