Sweetcheeksss

Frustration with the NVC

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Grrr I'm so frustrated so I need to vent.

This AM I called NVC to see if my son's I-130 had been assigned a case number yet (his file had been approved at CSC on June 28). The operator I talked to took our WAC number then told me "It's here, just not scanned in yet, wait until later this afternoon and call back and we should have a case number for you".

I was SOO excited as my I-130 has been at NVC since the beginning of June, waiting on my son's to catch up....

I called this afternoon and guess what?? NO RECORD OF HIS CASE. :angry: Uhhh - I explained to the operator that the person I had spoken to in the morning had said his case WAS there, just not scanned. I even asked for a supervisor and she tells me "Either it's on scanned into the system and we can see it OR IT'S NOT HERE yet."

*Sigh* I guess it's not there and I dunno what the heck the gal I talked to this morning was thinking.

Got my hopes waaaaaaaaay up only to have them crash this afternoon.

Frustrating to say the very least... :wow:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey Sweetcheeksss,

I feel for your frustration. I've got a couple idiotic (frustrating as hell) NVC stories too. After you calm down a bit. I would suggest two things:

1) Did you try just the automated system and punch in the USCIS number? Sometimes you can get a better result initially. At least you can find out if it's been received and given an NVC case number (which will at least confirm that NVC has received it).

2) You can try again (which I'm sure you plan to do tomorrow) to try a live person / supervisor (YET AGAIN) and see if you get any clearer answers.

Since you've had a myriad of inconclusive answers, I think the only way to confirm for sure is when either the automated system / or an operator can actually give you a case number.

Sorry for your frustration (sorry for all of our frustrations). But, glad you could vent at least. Keep plugging away and keep faith and hope in your heart.

Very Best Wishes and Best of Luck,

~Bleauwolf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks so much for the encouragement Bleauwolf!

I just wanted to get a straight answer ya know? LOL I felt like maybe I was a part of some undercover comedy they were making for HBO lol.

Sweetcheeks,

You might also try calling the DOS line at 202-633-1225.

I seem to have better luck reaching an actual person there and they are usually nicer and more helpful. You have to wait through a bunch of recorded junk before getting to the prompts you need, but write down each option as you select it so you'll know what to punch next time to bypass it.

I'm doing a K1, so it's 1-4-2-3-2-0 to get to an operator. LOL :blink:

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.