MySupsi

Fiance Visa and possible H-1 Travel

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello. I have a question and would very much appreciate some advice on this topic from those who may have had experience.

My fiance is a citizen of India. We've applied for a fiance visa, and are waiting.. and waiting..

I an a U.S. citizen.

She may be getting sent to Canada to work on an H-1 visa there. I am not sure of the duration yet. I am really looking for our options.

I'm concerned of her being in Canada possibly next year when the Fiance Visa interview is requested back in Mumbai India. Would this cause any issues? Would she need to return to India for that?

I really want to wait for the fiance visa to process, but what if while she is in Canada we decide that we very much want to tie the knot.. say out of impatience or family pressures and such. what then? Are there any complications that we may face with her working in Canada and coming across to the U.S. after that time?

Thanks for any advice. I'm partially aware of law around this, but not fully.. so it would be great to be set straight with what can and cannot happen.

Thanks so much!

visajourney_signature_photo.gif

11/03/2005 - Our official first date in the US

01/28/2006 - Her departure from the US

04/08/2006 - My departure to India to visit!

04/11/2006 - My proposal, and her acceptance! :)

04/23/2006 - My departure for home again. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------

Visa Journey Begins

--------------------------------------------------------------

07/10/2006 - Applied for I-129F

08/11/2006 - Received NOA1

08/21/2006 - Received NOA2 - Approved OMG I cannot believe it went through this fast!!!!

08/25/2006 - NVC notice that in 1 week petition will be forwarded to India post!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I've read in another thread that the interview can take place in another country to which the beneficiary's relocated. I'm unsure about the procedures needed for that to happen. Anyone?

Also, if you decide to get married before the K1 process is over, it won't serve the purpose of getting her in the U.S. I believe that you'll have to file for a K3 instead.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.