JVF

NAO2 what is next?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We received our NOA2 yesterday via text. What is the next?

Nov 25 2009 - While on vacation in Ukraine met my fiancee

Feb 20 2010 - Spent 8 amazing days in Caribbeans with my fiancee

April 16 2010 - Traveled to Ukraine

April 22 2010 - Returned to US

April 27 2010 - K1 filed

April 29 2010 - NOA 1

May 4 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - NOA 2!!!

July 06 2010 - NOA 2 Hard copy received

July 11 2010 - NVC still still didn't receive approved petition from USCIS. Sent inquiry via email to NVC regarding my case

July 13 2010 - USCIS claims that they sent my petition on July 6th to NVC. Sent inquiry to USCIS.

July 21 2010 - USCIS sent email saying approved petition was lost in transit, asking to submit duplicate copy in order to reconstruct my case

July 29 2010 - Duplicate copy sent to Vermont Service Center.

August 10 2010 - USCIS sent email. Original petition found

August 10 2010 - second NOA 2 issued.

August 12 2010 - NVC received petition

August 13 2010 - NVC forwarded the case to Kiev embassy !!!

September 6 2010 - Medical Exam

September 27 2010 - INTERVIEW!!!

September 27 2010 - Visa Approved!!!

October 5 2010 - Arrived to US!!!

4dc0fd55f0.gif 828551138d.gif

You have to wait a few weeks until they schedule her interview. In the mean time, you should be getting your financial support documentation (I-134, bank statements, etc.) together and sent to her. She should be getting her police check, medical exam and any other supporting documents gathered that will be necessary for her interview.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

You have to wait a few weeks until they schedule her interview. In the mean time, you should be getting your financial support documentation (I-134, bank statements, etc.) together and sent to her. She should be getting her police check, medical exam and any other supporting documents gathered that will be necessary for her interview.

Thank you. Is there a way to track when our documents reach consulate?

My friend is going to Ukraine in a week, so I was planning to sent all financial documents and I-134 with him. If I get the letter from employer, last 3 pay stabs and bank statements now they are not going to be outdated by the time she has interview?

April 27 2010 - K1 filed

April 29 2010 - NOA 1

May 4 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - NOA 2!!!

July 11 2010 - NVC still still didn't receive approved petition from USCIS. Sent inquiry via email to NVC regarding my case

July 13 2010 - USCIS claims that they sent my petition on July 6th to NVC. Sent inquiry to USCIS.

July 21 2010 - USCIS sent email saying approved petition was lost in transit, asking to submit duplicate copy in order to reconstruct my case

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My friend is going to Ukraine in a week, so I was planning to sent all financial documents and I-134 with him. If I get the letter from employer, last 3 pay stabs and bank statements now they are not going to be outdated by the time she has interview?

No, you'll be fine.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

No, you'll be fine.

Thank you.

April 27 2010 - K1 filed

April 29 2010 - NOA 1

May 4 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - NOA 2!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We received our NOA2 yesterday via text. What is the next?

Download the interview instructions from the Kiev website. Download the forms and get everything prepared for the interview so when the peition gets there you will be ready to schedule. You DO NOT need anything from the Kiev consulate, you DO NOT send them anything. You bring everything to the interview with you, this means you DO NOT have to wait. Just get everything ready now

In fact we had all this ready before I sent the petition, (except police certificate and I-134) there is never a need to wait.

Police certificate...translated

her birth certificate...translated

her former marraige and divorce certificate...translated (if any)

DS 156 (2)

DS 156K (1) DO NOT sign until she is at the interview

I-134 and supporting documents

Evidence of relationship

For each document you need an original, a copy and an original translation.

If you sent any of that with the petition, you did not need to and now is the time to do it again.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

There is no reliable way to track it. Besides it does not matter when it arrives at the consulate, only when they enter it into the system MANUALLY after they receive all the documents. This takes 2-3 weeks. You will get a letter from the NVC when they finish with it saying they are sending it to Kiev and give you a KEV number. Wait two weeks from when you get that letter and call the call center and ask if they have your case. If yes, make an interview appointment. If NO, then wait another week. The call center is updated on Fridays after they close ONLY. If they do not have your case on Monday morning, they WILL NOT have it until the next Monday. Any more calls that week are a waste of time and money.

Your I-134 will not be outdated

I strongly suggest you go to the interview and bring the documents yourself. Strongly suggest.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Download the interview instructions from the Kiev website. Download the forms and get everything prepared for the interview so when the peition gets there you will be ready to schedule. You DO NOT need anything from the Kiev consulate, you DO NOT send them anything. You bring everything to the interview with you, this means you DO NOT have to wait. Just get everything ready now

In fact we had all this ready before I sent the petition, (except police certificate and I-134) there is never a need to wait.

Police certificate...translated

her birth certificate...translated

her former marraige and divorce certificate...translated (if any)

DS 156 (2)

DS 156K (1) DO NOT sign until she is at the interview

I-134 and supporting documents

Evidence of relationship

For each document you need an original, a copy and an original translation.

If you sent any of that with the petition, you did not need to and now is the time to do it again.

Excellent information. Wow Gary, you rock.

What about Form DS-230? Also, I see bar code on DS 156 with some numbers under it (see file attached) . Is it the same number on every form?

post-85032-075792400 1278079119_thumb.jpg

April 27 2010 - K1 filed

April 29 2010 - NOA 1

May 4 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - NOA 2!!!

Timeline

What about Form DS-230? Also, I see bar code on DS 156 with some numbers under it (see file attached) . Is it the same number on every form?

I got it. This is online form, so the bar code assigned when you submit.

I see this form in English and Ukrainian language. Can it be filled out in Ukrainian or I can fill out for my fiancee in English and submit it?

Also, in the "INSTRUCTIONS FOR K VISA APPLICANTS" it says;

The total fee for EACH K VISA APPLICANT (including children) is $350. The fee for K visa can be paid in full at the Consular Section, in U.S. Dollars. In case a part of the fee is paid at ProCredit Bank ($131 or $140), the corresponding difference must be paid in dollars at the Consular Section.

$140 payable to whom or the bank knows?

April 27 2010 - K1 filed

April 29 2010 - NOA 1

May 4 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - NOA 2!!!

Timeline

There is no reliable way to track it. Besides it does not matter when it arrives at the consulate, only when they enter it into the system MANUALLY after they receive all the documents. This takes 2-3 weeks. You will get a letter from the NVC when they finish with it saying they are sending it to Kiev and give you a KEV number. Wait two weeks from when you get that letter and call the call center and ask if they have your case. If yes, make an interview appointment. If NO, then wait another week. The call center is updated on Fridays after they close ONLY. If they do not have your case on Monday morning, they WILL NOT have it until the next Monday. Any more calls that week are a waste of time and money.

Your I-134 will not be outdated

I strongly suggest you go to the interview and bring the documents yourself. Strongly suggest.

"Wait two weeks from when you get that letter and call the call center and ask if they have your case."

Do I have to purchase a PIN code to call the call center to see if they have have my case? Will I be able to speak to someone or it's an automated service?

April 27 2010 - K1 filed

April 29 2010 - NOA 1

May 4 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - NOA 2!!!

Timeline

You do not need the DS 230 for a K visa in Kiev.

The bar code is generated when you produce the form online. No it is not the same numbers and for Kiev it is NOT necessary to do the form online or have a bar code. I did not. They printed a bar code label at the consulate and pasted it on the application.

If you do it online, do ONE form, print it twice.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

"Wait two weeks from when you get that letter and call the call center and ask if they have your case."

Do I have to purchase a PIN code to call the call center to see if they have have my case? Will I be able to speak to someone or it's an automated service?

You are supposed to buy a PIN code to speak with someone. $12 for 8 minutes and id does NOT include phone sex! You will get to speak to a person. Here is what is funny...there are only two operators at the call center. Viktoria and Vitaly. When you buy a PIN and push numbers to buy a PIN, you get one of the operators...they take your credit card information and issue a PIN. Then they tell you to call back with the PIN. When you do, the SAME person answers! :lol:

Anyway, last summer was real slow at the consulate and they were giving interviews on 3-5 days notice. We needed an interview for June 25th for our son (k-2 to follow) and they were only booking to 2 weeks out (or thereabouts) So I had to call a few times per week to see if they were booking for June 25th yet. So I got in the habit of following the steps to buy a PIN but when Viktoria answered I would just say.."Are you booking for June 25th yet?" :lol: She would answer and that was it. I suggested to people that they do the same and ask if a case number was in the file...and I guess some people did it and it worked for a while. Last I heard they were no longer doing that.

Just limit your calls to once a week, any more than that is a waste anyway when you are waiting for a case to be entered.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I got it. This is online form, so the bar code assigned when you submit.

I see this form in English and Ukrainian language. Can it be filled out in Ukrainian or I can fill out for my fiancee in English and submit it?

Also, in the "INSTRUCTIONS FOR K VISA APPLICANTS" it says;

The total fee for EACH K VISA APPLICANT (including children) is $350. The fee for K visa can be paid in full at the Consular Section, in U.S. Dollars. In case a part of the fee is paid at ProCredit Bank ($131 or $140), the corresponding difference must be paid in dollars at the Consular Section.

$140 payable to whom or the bank knows?

Either language is OK. I filled out all of Alla's and the boys forms in English. They signed them. Except to sign forms, neither Alla nor either of the boys has ever touched a form to date. I am a STRONG believer that this is NOT a team effort project. ONE person should do everything, the other should "shut up and sign" Dividing responsibilities almost always multiplies the chance that something is forgotten.

If you pay part of the fee at ProCredit Bank, it is in CASH, UAH and they will give you a receipt. You need the KEV number. The amount used to be $131, I do not know where the $140 comes from. I haven't quite figured out why you would pay part of the fee at the bank, and the rest at the consulate.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Either language is OK. I filled out all of Alla's and the boys forms in English. They signed them. Except to sign forms, neither Alla nor either of the boys has ever touched a form to date. I am a STRONG believer that this is NOT a team effort project. ONE person should do everything, the other should "shut up and sign" Dividing responsibilities almost always multiplies the chance that something is forgotten.

If you pay part of the fee at ProCredit Bank, it is in CASH, UAH and they will give you a receipt. You need the KEV number. The amount used to be $131, I do not know where the $140 comes from. I haven't quite figured out why you would pay part of the fee at the bank, and the rest at the consulate.

So, it is ok if I fill out online form 156 (bar coded) in English and submit for my fiancee? Please note, she barely understands English. Could that raise additional questions when she goes to the interview? Who filled out that form and why?

April 27 2010 - K1 filed

April 29 2010 - NOA 1

May 4 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - NOA 2!!!

Timeline

You are supposed to buy a PIN code to speak with someone. $12 for 8 minutes and id does NOT include phone sex! You will get to speak to a person. Here is what is funny...there are only two operators at the call center. Viktoria and Vitaly. When you buy a PIN and push numbers to buy a PIN, you get one of the operators...they take your credit card information and issue a PIN. Then they tell you to call back with the PIN. When you do, the SAME person answers! :lol:

Anyway, last summer was real slow at the consulate and they were giving interviews on 3-5 days notice. We needed an interview for June 25th for our son (k-2 to follow) and they were only booking to 2 weeks out (or thereabouts) So I had to call a few times per week to see if they were booking for June 25th yet. So I got in the habit of following the steps to buy a PIN but when Viktoria answered I would just say.."Are you booking for June 25th yet?" :lol: She would answer and that was it. I suggested to people that they do the same and ask if a case number was in the file...and I guess some people did it and it worked for a while. Last I heard they were no longer doing that.

Just limit your calls to once a week, any more than that is a waste anyway when you are waiting for a case to be entered.

"....and id does NOT include phone sex!" That's funny :rofl:

"Anyway, last summer was real slow at the consulate and they were giving interviews on 3-5 days notice."

Since we have all the papers ready for the interview(I-134, police report) maybe I can get her interview scheduled sometime in July.

April 27 2010 - K1 filed

April 29 2010 - NOA 1

May 4 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - Touch

June 30 2010 - NOA 2!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.