29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

oops8rh.gif

Hey I have a question. What would be a good surprise for Hubby today? Like a present to make him feel special and show my love? I was thinking to make koshary.

I would love to make koshary! I just can't get the sauce right though...:blush: In fact hubby doesn't like my spaghetti sauce at all:blink:

LOL the best sauce he has liked so far was heating up Tostidos chunky salsa and he loved it!!! :bonk::wacko:

Hey Andrea... how have you been... don't you want some yummy sugar... :dance::dance: just kidding

I like my sugar in the shape of a chocolate bar please!:innocent:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

I would love to make koshary! I just can't get the sauce right though...:blush: In fact hubby doesn't like my spaghetti sauce at all:blink:

LOL the best sauce he has liked so far was heating up Tostidos chunky salsa and he loved it!!! :bonk::wacko:

I like my sugar in the shape of a chocolate bar please!:innocent:

I think I'll try making koshary tonight and hope that will cheer him up some. He is having spells of missing Egypt lately and I just don't know what I can do for him besides give him some room. I like the Tostidos restaurant style salsa with the orange lid and preferred chilled instead of heated up. :lol:

Here is your chocolate bar! MMM!! tongue.gif

lornetchocolatnoir2.jpg

I wish it was Friday :)

YESSS! kicking.gifgood.gif

I just got the news during lunch that I will be getting a four day weekend! Friday-Monday off! Hooray! Of course this also means I don't get paid but I can't wait! biggrin.gif

What does everybody have planned for 4th of July?

4th_of_july.jpg

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Moaaanday all! :D

Woke up early this morning 'as usual'. Took my daughter to her summer program at 1:00 pm, her daddy and I will be there at 4:30 to attend the Parenting Group until 6:00 pm.

I could go for some Koshary RIGHT NOW!!

Me and the kids have watched All the Wild Things Are recently. It's such a GREAT movie. I know it seems kinda scary/dark for kids, but WOW it's such a brilliant movie!! Makes you want to be a kid again. I still have the soundtracks stuck in my head. I've been playing the 'All Is Love' soundtrack like a hundered times already!

Speaking of Coffee...I know it's late afternoon and I rarely drink coffee anyway, but man...I NEED SOME COFFEE!! :crying: Some Turkish coffee, American coffee doesn't taste the same as Turkish coffee :whistle: My mom makes Turkish coffee like no other! She's half-Turkish, so she knows the secret I guess. Ok, now I miss my mom, her coffee, and I still need a cup of coffee. :P

DSC_0198%20copy.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good day! (F)

Aya

Edited by Aya&John

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

Hey Aya and Zee Bee... yea i wish it was Friday too.. :dance::dance: oh wait it's still Monday :bonk: .. I plan on buying some fireworks, not the serious kind... and then they have something called Thunder on the Mountain... it's by Vulcan Park in Birmingham... they broadcast music over the radio to go along with the fireworks... they tell you areas in the city you will be able to get a good view... i wanna do that... ahhh to be a kid again :thumbs: .. hey where are annie and jeanne :unsure:

Edited by wonderful07 2010

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Timeline

I have two family reunions that weekend to go to on the same day. Actually this Saturday! LOL! One in the morning and one in the afternoon. I don't know what we've got planned for the 4th though. I think it would be important to have him experience the events of that day and see the fireworks at night since it will be his first in the USA!

american-flag.jpg

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Yum to koshary, chocolate bar, watermelon, turkish coffee AND Friday!!! :dance:

We are going to a birthday/4th of July party Sunday. I want Sameh to get the full effect of a real home down shooting fireworks out of coke bottles experience!!! The southern way!!! :rofl:

Other than that, my daughter and son in law are coming over for the weekend so I am sure it'll be a lot of eating and shopping along the way!

Olivia~ I know what you mean about your hubby getting homesick. Sameh has his bouts with it. Then he gets on the phone or skypes some of his friends back home.

Ugh...I'm ready to go home......

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

Sounds like a long day Andrea! Yep he gets the bouts of homesickness. He hangs out with his friends here every week and talks to his friends back home everyday and his family here every week and family back home every week. He still gets the blues sometimes though and I don't know what else to do for him really. He seemed to enjoy the social interaction of the dinner party we had on Saturday and then my newlywed uncle's open house last night. This weekend he's going to get to meet all my extended family on a side of the family he hasn't met much of yet. Wooeee! kicking.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Timeline

Happy Monday everyone! (F)

I'm so late because i had meetings all morning and I'm still spinning! :blink: It's 108 here and still climbing...so shoot me now! :P

Jenell thanks for checking on me! (F):luv:

Aya, Azza told me you spoke w/ her this weekend! I'm sorry I missed you! I was still sleeping! :blush:

We are planning a joint party with our neighbors for the 4th. I'm looking forward to it...pool time and hookah night. Can't beat that! :devil::luv:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Monday to everyone, all the coffees are looking good right now, working at from home today and getting a bit bored. Im off to the doc at 445, been having major back and hip pain for about a month, made it tough to do a lot of walking in Egypt. Im not usually a wuss but had enough and Im forcing myself to see whats wrong. Still in waiting mode on the visa.

Timeline

The joint party sounds like a blast for the 4th Annie!

Sandra I hope everything is ok with you and you just need a doctor to crack your back and realign your bones. Also hope that visa comes soon for you! rose.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Olivia! :) On the 4th of July we will be going fishing early in the evening to be able to watch the fireworks over the sea, and we will be lighting up our own fireworks as well! Not sure if my in-laws are having dinner plans for the family or not, but for now we are setteling on our original plan.

Annie, I was very happy to hear Azza's voice again and get to chat with her! I told her to tell you: "Wake up sleepy-head!", then she told me that we have a 3-hour time difference! :wow: We are only a few states away! :P

Did you see the pictures? I will be giving you a call in a few days, let me know what time suits you best. :)

Sandra, I hope you feel better soon and I pray you hear good news about Ahmed's visa in no time! I have you in my thoughts! (F)

Andrea and Olivia, speaking of homesickness blues...that's how I'm feeling tonight :( I had a great day and I am truly happy with my husband and children..but you never know why the homesickness blues they come and why they go away.. I am just missing my mom, dad and brothers very badly and I just realised I will be missing out a lot of their lives and God only knows how long we will meet more in life... Like Sameh and Waleed, I talk to my family every day on the phone and Skype and we FINALLY have their love and acceptance which is making my happiness complete...but there's just something about 'missing' them that I can't help....

I am still playing the 'All is Love' song lol. I get a song stuck to my head for a few days and I keep humming it and playing it everywhere I go. I guess I have musical moods too. I gotta love being a Gemini! May be we should have a MENA Musical Thread where we post our musical moods :P

Great plans for the 4th of July everyone!! I hope all of you had a good day!

Good night! :star:

Aya

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

Hi Olivia! :) On the 4th of July we will be going fishing early in the evening to be able to watch the fireworks over the sea, and we will be lighting up our own fireworks as well! Not sure if my in-laws are having dinner plans for the family or not, but for now we are setteling on our original plan.

Andrea and Olivia, speaking of homesickness blues...that's how I'm feeling tonight :( I had a great day and I am truly happy with my husband and children..but you never know why the homesickness blues they come and why they go away.. I am just missing my mom, dad and brothers very badly and I just realised I will be missing out a lot of their lives and God only knows how long we will meet more in life... Like Sameh and Waleed, I talk to my family every day on the phone and Skype and we FINALLY have their love and acceptance which is making my happiness complete...but there's just something about 'missing' them that I can't help....

I am still playing the 'All is Love' song lol. I get a song stuck to my head for a few days and I keep humming it and playing it everywhere I go. I guess I have musical moods too. I gotta love being a Gemini! May be we should have a MENA Musical Thread where we post our musical moods :P

Great plans for the 4th of July everyone!! I hope all of you had a good day!

Good night! :star:

Aya

I should be in bed right now but a storm just rolled in and habibi and I decided to sit on the front porch and watch it while visiting. It was really a nice time. I'm sorry for your low moods Aya. Waleed gets them too and it's hard to know what to do for him. I believe music improves a persons mood. I think your MENA Musical Moods thread is a good idea. You're 4th of July plans sound magical too! I hope you have one to remember. (L)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.