7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Cases returned to USCIS

What did you do when your case was returned??? Thanks for checking it out.

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Oh wow sorry to hear that, my husbands CR1 was denied in Ghana 12/15 , I just sent in my rebuttal to the USCIS to reaffirm it. May a recomend my lawyer who was refered to me by many on VJ. Marc Ellis, call him or someone who specializes in denials.

www.marcellislaw.com

Good luck to you, he charges 150 for phone consult!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I have talked to so many people I'm not sure if I have asked you this question or not. Why was the case returned?

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have talked to so many people I'm not sure if I have asked you this question or not. Why was the case returned?

They haven't told us the reason for the denial. They just check 221(g) and that they can't tell me anything through email & the phone, and that I need to wait till it gets back to USCIS.

Here is the interview overview:

UPDATE after 2nd Interview/Appt 6/14/2010: I was very optomistic and pleased with this embassy, but was completely shocked about how they ended up handling our case. My fiance was called the Friday before we left Morocco to tell him to bring his passport & come in on Monday June 14 @ 3pm. He did, waited, was brought to the window, not asked any questions, but instead was told \"I\'m sorry but we can not give you the visa, but this is not the end, you can get it under other conditions.\" So instead of telling us on Friday when they called that he was refused and to come in Monday to pick up the refusal worksheet...they made us BELIEVE he would be approved (bring your passport) until I was out of the country, so I couldn\'t do anything from there!!! Needless to say I am VERY disappointed in how they handled out case, and after calling & emailing them the day after...they stated that the case is being returned to USCIS and they can\'t discuss it further over the phone or email...No reason stated or anything. (The only reason for the 1 rating is that I do give them credit for always being quick to reply to emails and responding to phone calls...otherwise VERY disappointed to say the least)

Original Review of 5/18/2010 Interview:

He got in line outside the embassy at 7:45am. They entered at 8am and immediately after entering the embassy, he went to a window where he paid the fees, a woman took papers from the packet, his passport & 2 pics (he had to get new pics done because the size was wrong, they are not the same as the Moroccan passport pics), and was asked to wait till called. After 1 hr a Moroccan woman (window 6) called him & took the translated documents and asked general questions (Have u been married before? Etc) in regards to the original application (which she had with her), including his phone number, and returned the Chest xray paperwork. Told to sit & wait to be called again (he sat quietly, not really talking to anyone), and (he was the last one interviewed)after 45 mins was called by a young (early 30s, white, dark blonde hair) man, they greeted each other: Hi, How r u? etc. then began asking questions:

What do u have in your bag? (He had a bag of all of the evidence)

Where did u meet your fiancé?

When did u meet your fiancé?

Who sent the first msg?

What did u like in her profile?

How long before u became interested in each other(beyond friends)? 3 months….4 months from first msg sent

Why was she subscribed on a muslim site, since she is not muslim? I dont know, she has many muslim friends

Has she converted? No

When did u meet in person?

How long did her visit last?

Has she visited you a 2nd time?

When?

What is the usual holiday from work? A month

And shes been here 3 months? What about her job? Do u find this normal? She has been there from 2008, they filed her position until she returns from Morocco. She didnt bring her daughter the 1st visit, and brought her the 2nd time so she could get to know me better and my family, since she will be my daughter, etc.

Did u ask her about this? Yes, she will be my wife, no problem for her to be with me all that time, and she said she would return to her position when she returns home.

How old is her daughter?

Does she get child support?

Does your fiancé have any financial problems? No

When did she finish high school? 1999

When did she get her CNA license? 2008

What did she do during all that time? Many different kinds of work (gave details about different jobs Ive had)

What does she like to do in her spare time; hobbies, etc? She like the environment, animals, and music

Environment? What about it? Not polluting, living green, etc (gave details he knew)

Does she have any pets? No

Why? She likes animals? Her mom does. (gave details of hers)

What do u like most about your fiancé? Least?

Can you talk a little bit about her studies. (He gave exact details)

How does she pay for school? Some sort of aid, maybe money from the government, Im not sure how the system works there.

What are you and your wifes plans for the future? (He reminded him that I am not his wife yet) I plan to apply for work at the Defense Language Institute, move, etc, etc

What is your fiancés opinion about what the American soldiers do in Iraq? What is your opinion?

How come u r an English teacher & will teach Arabic?

When do u intend to go to the US? With me in june

Why do you love each other?

When do u intend to get married? (he gave date & place)

Gave him a form and said: Write your fiancés name, and sign in the signature place.

The interviewer then returned his passport and said, Your visa is not refused. I need time to read the conversations you gave me, and we will call you after a few weeks. Go prepare for your next interview.

He left the embassy at about 1pm.

According to what he saw, there were 5 men K1 interviews that day, 3 were flat out denied, 1 approved, and ours which was a maybe. The 3 K3 women were all approved. He said that the ones were denied seemed very obvious, one was at the window next to him and did not know answers to basic questions; i.e. date of birth, when did your fiancé visit u, etc. One thing I know for sure is they know everything u sent in the original application, so your fiancé better know it to. They asked a few specific questions about things we discussed last yr to see if he remembered, which he did And when he would say, \\\"When she returns home...\\\" he would ask, from where, and Hicham had to repeat that I was here. And he\\\'d ask, \\\"Since when?\\\" He answered all questions assuming the interviewer knew nothing....which I think helps, since you cover all the bases that way. Hope this helps others & any pointers would be greatly appreciated. He was not given anything except his passport back and the chest x-ray paperwork. We are feeling optomistic, so we will see

Any advice r greatly appreciated...and also feel free to fill out the poll at the link on the first post.

Edited by HichaMonica

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=34139c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=34139c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

You need to file the Notice of Freedom of Information Act Immediately, sometimes it can take months to get so this way you can get all the embassys notes , reasons for denial. So most say, get the form notarized and send it in. Mind you tho, my NOFIA only had my original paperwork in it. It was odd.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

They haven't told us the reason for the denial. They just check 221(g) and that they can't tell me anything through email & the phone, and that I need to wait till it gets back to USCIS.

Here is the interview overview:

UPDATE after 2nd Interview/Appt 6/14/2010: I was very optomistic and pleased with this embassy, but was completely shocked about how they ended up handling our case. My fiance was called the Friday before we left Morocco to tell him to bring his passport & come in on Monday June 14 @ 3pm. He did, waited, was brought to the window, not asked any questions, but instead was told \"I\'m sorry but we can not give you the visa, but this is not the end, you can get it under other conditions.\" So instead of telling us on Friday when they called that he was refused and to come in Monday to pick up the refusal worksheet...they made us BELIEVE he would be approved (bring your passport) until I was out of the country, so I couldn\'t do anything from there!!! Needless to say I am VERY disappointed in how they handled out case, and after calling & emailing them the day after...they stated that the case is being returned to USCIS and they can\'t discuss it further over the phone or email...No reason stated or anything. (The only reason for the 1 rating is that I do give them credit for always being quick to reply to emails and responding to phone calls...otherwise VERY disappointed to say the least)

Original Review of 5/18/2010 Interview:

He got in line outside the embassy at 7:45am. They entered at 8am and immediately after entering the embassy, he went to a window where he paid the fees, a woman took papers from the packet, his passport & 2 pics (he had to get new pics done because the size was wrong, they are not the same as the Moroccan passport pics), and was asked to wait till called. After 1 hr a Moroccan woman (window 6) called him & took the translated documents and asked general questions (Have u been married before? Etc) in regards to the original application (which she had with her), including his phone number, and returned the Chest xray paperwork. Told to sit & wait to be called again (he sat quietly, not really talking to anyone), and (he was the last one interviewed)after 45 mins was called by a young (early 30s, white, dark blonde hair) man, they greeted each other: “Hi, How r u?” etc. then began asking questions:

What do u have in your bag? (He had a bag of all of the evidence)

Where did u meet your fiancé?

When did u meet your fiancé?

Who sent the first msg?

What did u like in her profile?

How long before u became interested in each other(beyond friends)? 3 months….4 months from first msg sent

Why was she subscribed on a muslim site, since she is not muslim? I don’t know, she has many muslim friends

Has she converted? No

When did u meet in person?

How long did her visit last?

Has she visited you a 2nd time?

When?

What is the usual holiday from work? A month

And she’s been here 3 months? What about her job? Do u find this normal? She has been there from 2008, they filed her position until she returns from Morocco. She didn’t bring her daughter the 1st visit, and brought her the 2nd time so she could get to know me better and my family, since she will be my daughter, etc.

Did u ask her about this? Yes, she will be my wife, no problem for her to be with me all that time, and she said she would return to her position when she returns home.

How old is her daughter?

Does she get child support?

Does your fiancé have any financial problems? No

When did she finish high school? 1999

When did she get her CNA license? 2008

What did she do during all that time? Many different kinds of work (gave details about different jobs I’ve had)

What does she like to do in her spare time; hobbies, etc? She like the environment, animals, and music

Environment? What about it? Not polluting, living green, etc (gave details he knew)

Does she have any pets? No

Why? She likes animals? Her mom does. (gave details of hers)

What do u like most about your fiancé? Least?

Can you talk a little bit about her studies. (He gave exact details)

How does she pay for school? Some sort of aid, maybe money from the government, I’m not sure how the system works there.

What are you and your wife’s plans for the future? (He reminded him that I am not his wife yet) I plan to apply for work at the Defense Language Institute, move, etc, etc

What is your fiancé’s opinion about what the American soldiers do in Iraq? What is your opinion?

How come u r an English teacher & will teach Arabic?

When do u intend to go to the US? With me in june

Why do you love each other?

When do u intend to get married? (he gave date & place)

Gave him a form and said: “Write your fiancé’s name, and sign in the signature place.”

The interviewer then returned his passport and said, “Your visa is not refused. I need time to read the conversations you gave me, and we will call you after a few weeks. Go prepare for your next interview.”

He left the embassy at about 1pm.

According to what he saw, there were 5 men K1 interviews that day, 3 were flat out denied, 1 approved, and ours which was a maybe. The 3 K3 women were all approved. He said that the ones were denied seemed very obvious, one was at the window next to him and did not know answers to basic questions; i.e. date of birth, when did your fiancé visit u, etc. One thing I know for sure is they know everything u sent in the original application, so your fiancé better know it to. They asked a few specific questions about things we discussed last yr to see if he remembered, which he did And when he would say, \\\"When she returns home...\\\" he would ask, from where, and Hicham had to repeat that I was here. And he\\\'d ask, \\\"Since when?\\\" He answered all questions assuming the interviewer knew nothing....which I think helps, since you cover all the bases that way. Hope this helps others & any pointers would be greatly appreciated. He was not given anything except his passport back and the chest x-ray paperwork. We are feeling optomistic, so we will see

Any advice r greatly appreciated...and also feel free to fill out the poll at the link on the first post.

Actually I would wait and see why they are denying it before you get into alot of exspense it might be something that can be cleared up easily. I feel the rage and the helplessness I have had every emotion possible. I know its not easy but its a big waiting game. Try and settledown and just let the time pass remember it takes time but it will work out if you look on the tracker that is proof. Have you talked to Wantknow she has the same problemalso from Morocco she is on the tracker.

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

K1 headed back to CSC means the petition is dead. CSC always expires K1s so it is up to you to decide what you want to do. You can file a new K1 with more evidence, you can go there and get married and file a CR1 .

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.