teff

K1 medical exam

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys, I am a new user but so far all the posts I have been reading have been so helpful. My fiance and I are awaiting our first letter, we just sent in the begining package to petition. My friend has been walking me through this whole procedure, for her family owns a lawfirm specilizing in immigration and she is a paralegal there. My fiance (providing everything is approved) lives in Mexico and will be doing the interview in Ciudad Juarez. Now my friend tells me that the medical exam for a K1 in C.J is not necessary for when he arrives here with me in NY he will have to take a medical exam here to change his status. Is this true it seems like everyone going through C.J has done the medical. My mind is always running and this whole process consumes my mind 24/7, like most of you here, I just want all my bases covered and for my fiance to be well informed.Can anyone guide me on the correct answer? Thank You

This link might help.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez

Moving thread from K1 process forum to consular forum.

SA4userbar.jpg

Mexico is except from this requirement. US Embassy will provide you with a list of all the approved medical office where the petitioner will visit to properly complete this requirement. or see link below.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/root/pdfs/wwwfcdj4310.pdf

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Teff,

Having returned from CDJ last week, I can directly answer your question. Your fiance must take a medical exam in CDJ, at one of the two clinics next to the consulate. No exceptions. What he does NOT have to have are the vaccinations. K-1 applicants do not have to have the vaccinations in order to get the K-1 visa. However, they will have to have the vaccinations for the adjustment of status (AOS). So, medical exam in CDJ=Yes. Vaccinations in CDJ=NO.

From what I understand, the medical exam taken at CDJ is good for the AOS (for a year), however he will still need the vaccination records to submit for the AOS. We haven't gone that far yet and I'm still trying to find a Civil Surgeon here that won't charge an arm and a leg.

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent: 2010-01-08

I-129F NOA1: 2010-01-11

I-129F NOA2: 2010-03-17

NVC Received: 2010-03-24

Consulate Received: 2010-04-02

Open Appointment Letter Sent: 2010-04-47

Open Appointment Letter Rcvd: 2010-05-21

Medical Exam Date: 2010-06-15

Interview Date: 2010-06-16

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received: 2010-06-17

POE ATL: 2010-09-05

Married!: 2010-10-30

AOS package received: 2010-11-30

Biometrics: 2011-01-13

AOS transferred to CSC: 2011-01-18

EAD card production ordered: 2011-02-09

AP Approved: 2011-02-09

AP Letter Received: 2011-02-12

Green card production ordered: 2011-02-16

Green Card Received!: 2011-02-22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.