AFQuaid

Our London Marathon

31 posts in this topic

So the story begins after very little sleep and an early rise of 4am. The transport I had booked (as you may remember train option didn't work out) was actually a private ambulance was spot on at arriving at 5am. Everything started out really well, we had everything and I clinged to my folder as if my life depended on it, as it does.

It took us from 5am-8am to begin to "near" London and you could tell you were nearing it even if you were 60+ miles off because the traffic oh my god. Hooking horns, police on motorcycles it was madness! Then to make things worse as we start moving again we hit roadworks, then traffic, then more roadworks, then more traffic. It was so bad we didn't get anywhere near to finding the Embassy till 9:30. It became a case of the two paramedics with me hopping out of the ambulance every few streets asking random Londoners where the flippin' building was. Oddly most Londoners don't seem to know much about where any buildings are. They asked 6 people before asking a policeman and by that time it was 10am. My appointment time, fear going through me thinking the worse. Maybe they won't let me in? It's too late! They aren't gonna let us off with "we were stuck in traffic."

We eventually found the building but nowhere to park that wasn't streets away. Guards were glaring at our dilemma as they stood beside the two lines of people gawping at the commotion. Eventually they parked the ambulance across the street and a paramedic hopped out to go talk with the guard. He came running back saying they need to see the appointment letter and passports of myself and mum (who was going in with me to help physically). They gave the ok and allowed the paramedics to offload me. We headed towards the two lines of people and the guard checked our passports again and my appointment letter and got on his walkie-talkie to inside the Embassy sayin' they need somebody to come down for assistance with getting me inside. There were steps at the main enterance. We only waited about 5 minutes then another officer showed us round the back into a big garage thing with crates. Accidently my wheelchair skidded on the sandy ground and the guy got a clipped ankle :blush:. He didn't mind though. He showed me into a lift and we went unstairs into the visa department, thats after mum was asked if the bottle of lavender cooling water in her handbag was a weapon! He actually asked her to test it on her and he said ok he believes its a perfume thing.

He told us then to get a ticket from the nice lady at the far end and we got number 015! and was told we'd be seen at window 1. So we sat near there as instructed. For 3 hours the screen flashed and spoke it seemed like millions of 200 numbers and then 300s then the occasional "8" then repeated numbers and "last calls." In which time we saw some poor man collapse as he got himself a ticket (I'm guessing from anxiety) but he had to be helped up and everybody gasped. We sat, we twiddled our thumbs, the guy that was running the nice little sandwich and drink counter at the back of the room offered to help me buy something to pass the time. That was nice of him. I passed him up on the offer because it was quite early on but eventually I asked mum to grab us some food and drink.

Finally my number was called to window 14! which was round the little corridor. A business type gentleman was there and he asked for my passport photos (2), birth certificate - copy and origional and police report - copy and origional. He checked em then got me to sign some forms then gave me the origionals back.After a minute of him typing on the computer he did my fingerprints then told me to go to window 15 next door. Where I was met by the most nicest american lady who had a beaming smile on her face. She asked me for the Affidavit of support forms and visa fee slip, checked them. Said everything looked great and asked me to raise my right hand and swear everything I'm about to say is the truth. And of course I did. She asked me:

How me and Andy met

What website was it or where on the internet

What do you have in common

How do you plan to support yourself finationally

Do you have a carer lined up

She spent a second looking up our file and made some jokes i.e "Oh boy, Andrew sure wanted us to know you guys had met from the RFE" and "Yep, he is certain he wants to marry this woman" she chuckled. Then she said all looks great and

"I'm Happy To Issue You Your Visa" *BIG RED APPROVED STAMPPED DOWN*

She explained to me again 6 months to enter the US, 90 days to marry on entry. Then about sending the marriage certificate to homeland security. And that she generally wishes us all the best. Pending my medical results my visa will be issued in 1-2 weeks.

I get given a pink courier form. I was the ONLY person with a PINK one everybody had BLUE, I realised that maybe they were all on a totally different visa. Anyway I couldn't get to the desk so mum had to take the filled out form up with the money. All went fine.

Then another guard was actually waiting to take me out and my folder slid off my land and down the ramp of the garage like door they took me out of. Poor guy had to chase it before the papers fell out.

After that the ambulance picked us up again and dad (who had gone to sit in a cafe) but actually ended up chatting to a guy who was waiting for a relative outside. Dad was on about that his friend had a conviction and he'd been in the building since 9am and still hadn't come out, I'd been in since 10:20am and got out at 2:20pm. We wondered what had happened to the poor fellow all the way to the medical center.

I had an appointment at the Alliance Medical Center which isn't too far from the Embassy and was found pretty easily. Dad went inside to ask about wheelchair access and a nice lady showed us round the back where she put down a ramp. Got in fine and she told me to go up the level 2 in the lift and sit in the waiting room. So we did.

The lady from behind the desk brought me a clipboard with another questionaire on it, similar to the one provided in packet three but seems to also have doctors imput section. She asked for a passport photo and documents (pkt 3 questionaire and all my supporting doctors letters and factsheet on my illness i handed over lol). Then the questionaire after I'd finished. She handed them to the doctor who came out his room briefly and she asked me to go change into a gown in the toilet so I did and came back out into the waiting room. The doctor called me in and went over all the stuff I just gave him and seemed very pleased that I'd thought the appointment through. He told me many people go there with pre existing conditions and dont bring doctors support letters even if its just asthma. He says it really helps if you do! So thats some good advice for those here on VJ! He tested my vision and felt my stomach. Took my blood to test for HIV and sent me back out into the waiting area. Then I was called in by a lady checking my vaccination records, the ONLY one I had missed was the Heppititus (sp?) B in which according to her I just need the first dose to complete the approval and I can have the 2 others when in the States. Other than that she was happy, gave me a letter for my GP to let me get it done on the NHS and then hes to fax the alliance medical center and they'll tell the embassy. I was called into the x-ray room and that was simple in and out and back into the doctors room again where he asked a few questions about my care and who would do that etc. I found it actually pretty hard to understand his accent. But he was very jokey and friendly. He listened to my heart too that was very fast he said and asked if I was nervous. Obviously... Then that was that. He thanked me and wrote up his report, read it to me. Was correct and left me to go get dressed again and I payed the lady at the desk and all done.

I actually just got back an hour and a half ago. I'm totally beat.

Fiona

P.S Andrew and I are completely overjoyed.

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dance::dance: CONGRATULATIONS FIONA!!!!!! :dance::dance:

wishing for your visa soon, so u and andrew be together already. (F)

- rebelheart

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dancing::dance::dancing::dance::dancing::dance::dancing:

so when do you make your way to america!?!?

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Congratulations and well done :thumbs: Wont be long now and you can finally reunited in the US :thumbs:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

:dance::D:dance: I can't say in word's how happy I am but am glad it's for sure my girls on her way HOME, heh an I wont be macho I cried in happiness near an hour after hearing this :dance::D:dance:

=/\=Andrew=/\=

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Congratulations!! Aww I have tears in my eyes for you both :)

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations Missus! That is FANtastic news!!!! You are an absolute hero to get through this---what a day!

Andrew, buy the girl a Starbux, wontcha? ;)

Big ups to you Fiona, our little trailblazer!!!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Other Timeline

*gives Fi a hug*

Andy, that's one hell of a woman you've got there.

I'd been watching for this all day. I'm going to ring my mom, who's in a wheelchair herself, and tell her she can read your story on VJ. She asks about you often.

Congratulations!

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yay for happy endings!!! Congratulations my dears! Luis is also overjoyed and sends his best wishes as he too, was following your history. :)

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations and enjoy your long awaited reunion!!!!!

Diana

My Timeline

K1

01/09/06- pakage sent to NSC

01/11/06- NOA1

03/16/06- NOA2 approved!!!

04/03/06- arrived at NVC

04/04/06- left NVC

04/08/06- received packet 3

04/11/06- sent packet 3 to Frankfurt

04/26/06- received packet 4

05/23/06- INTERVIEW at 9:30amAPPROVED!!!!

06/01/06- visa in hand!!!

06/08/06- married in Vegas!!!

AOS/EAD

06/24/06- sent AOS and EAD package to Chicago

06/27/06- Chicago receives package

06/30/06- NOA1

07/03/06- NOA1 received in the mail

07/17/06- biometrics appt. received in mail

07/25/06- biometrics in cleveland

08/30/06- case received at CSC

08/31/06- received a new NOA1 email

09/01/06- touched AOS

09/15/06- AOS APPROVED!! got email saying welcome letter was sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/20/06- welcome letter received!!! and approval email sent

09/21/06- touched and GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!

06/08/07- one year anniversary

06/08/08- two year anniversary

06/08/09- three year anniversary

Removal of Conditions

06/17/08- package sent to California

06/19/08- California receives package

06/19/08-NOA1

06/28/08-Biometrics appointment

07/28/08-touched

09/01/08-received non conditional green card

Oh i am so very very happy for you both...Congratulations

I-129F SENT TO CSC 01/31/2006

I-129F NOA1 RECEIVED 02/02/2006

touched 04/25/2006

NOA2 04/25/2006

touched 04/26/2006

NVC received case 05/11/2006

Left NVC 05/12/2006

medical 06/06/2006

Packet 3 received 05/30/2006

returned packet 3 05/31/2006

Interview date 07/18/2006

Approved...yeahhhh

07/21/2006 Received visa...WOOOOHOOOO

09/24/2006 marrying my baby yeahhhhhhhh

.png

115194159098768.gif

:dance::dance: Wonderful news Fiona, so very very glad for you and Andrew, hope it is not too long before you are back together again. Good Luck for your new life in the states :dance::dance:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.