woody1

letter to submit your passport

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

my wife got a letter from delhi embassy saying please submit your passport at nearest vfs office so that we can complete the processing of your case. so does this mean they are going to issue her the visa? she submitted her passport on 7th june. how long does it usually take to get the passport back. anybody with similar experience please share. the letter does not say anything about visa but only to submit passport. i called dos and funny thing is they say its still pending in ap and visa is not issued yet .they wont give me any other information. they know nothing about the letter.

is this normal with dos. please share and good luck to everybody in ap. God Bless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

In our case, we got to know for the submission of passport thru DOS. After one day later, we received a letter from the embassy to submit the passport. It took us 3 working days to get the passport back with visa after submitting.

They have asked you to submit passport for visa. So dont worry, you will get it soon

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hey woody, how long was your wife on AP?

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

hey woody, how long was your wife on AP?

Can you email the embassey? They should be able to tell you if they just need it to issue her visa.

bridget

Timeline

so you have been in AP a little over 3 weeks and now they have asked you to submit the passport... do you know why you were put on AP.. did they issue you a 221g at the interview? uuuugggh I will try to search your previous post..

from what I have read... takes 3 days for them to get your passport, 2 days to put visa in, 1 day to pick it up from VFS or 3 days for them to mail it too you.... so excited for you... I am reallly praying that my Hubby gets off AP before our anniversary :thumbs:

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Timeline

I am a little confused :P was mistaken March for May... such a long time to be on AP :( really hope yall are together soon

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

thanks amit

i still have not got the passport back. my wife called and they said consular is reviewing it ,call us next week. i hope she gets the visa soon. usually they ask for the passport when ap is over. so i am just crossing my fingers and praying. anybody went through similar situation pl share. good luck to u amit

zaib could u please share and answer my question pl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.