Charles' Angel

NOA1 June dates already receiving rfe's?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations to all who are moving right along with this process. I have a question and I hope someone has some information to help me get some clarification. I see several people with June NOA1 dates from CSC who have received RFE's already. I have not received an RFE to date - I have not even been touched. When I contacted CSC they told me that they are only processing applications that have been received as of March 6 and back - NOTHING AFTER THIS DATE HAS BEEN TOUCHED per the representative. The lady also told me that they won't mail me an RFE until they start to process applications received for my NOA1 date. I know this can't be right as I see several people are receiving RFE's and/or approvals after the March 6 date. They seem to be very "robotic" in their answers and won't go into any detail other than what you can read on their website for yourself. I know it is still early in the process for me compared to others but can anyone provide clarification on this or any suggestions as how to maybe word my questions better to CSC to get the answers I am looking for?

1/4/06 ~ Met Online

2/15/06 ~ Got engaged

4/28/06 ~ Visited my soul mate/love of my life (The best 2+ weeks of my entire life!)

6/5/06 ~ I-129F Sent

6/20/06 ~ I-129F NOA1

**waiting for RFE**

I-129F K1 Fiancée Visa at CSC

1/4/06 ~ Met Online

2/15/06 ~ Got engaged

4/28/06 ~ Visited the love of my life! (The best 2+ weeks of my entire life!)

5/13/06 ~ Had to leave to the US without my love - (no way to describe the pain I felt)

6/5/06 ~ I-129F Sent

6/20/06 ~ NOA1

8/14/06 ~ Touched (response to email I sent stating 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days)

8/16/06 ~ Touched (email stating letter responding to email was sent) - (after 30 days - still no letter - called USCIS to inform them - they will do inquiry)

9/21/06 ~ Touched (email stating that RFE was mailed to me on 9/20/06 - YES!)

9/25/06 ~ RFE received!!!!!!!!!!

9/26/06 ~ Mailed RFE back to CSC

10/2/06 ~ CSC received RFE

10/3/06 ~ Touched

10/4/06 ~ Touched

10/9/06 ~ Rec'd letter re: inquiry I made 8/14/06-just said I-129F is being reviewed and RFE rec'd by CSC

10/17/06 ~ NOA2 (Touched)

10/19/06 ~ Touched

10/27/06 ~ (Rec'd notice via email on 10/27/06 that NOA2 was 10/17/06 - should be in the mail!) Thank you Lord!

10/30/06 ~ Rec'd NOA2 in mail

11/1/06 ~ NVC rec'd NOA2

11/6/06 ~ NVC assigned new case # and sent to Lagos Consulate

11/11/06 ~ Rec'd NVC letter in mail

11/13/06 ~ Charles went to embassy - got Pkts 3 & 4

****Awaiting interview date set for 2/7/2007****

2/7/07 ~ APPROVED!!!! MY BABY IS COMING HOME!!!!

2/13/07 ~ Picked up visa at Embassy

2/21/07 ~ My baby and I are on our way home together!!!

2/22/07 ~ We are finally home in the US!

Why are you expecting an RFE?

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Congratulations to all who are moving right along with this process. I have a question and I hope someone has some information to help me get some clarification. I see several people with June NOA1 dates from CSC who have received RFE's already. I have not received an RFE to date - I have not even been touched. When I contacted CSC they told me that they are only processing applications that have been received as of March 6 and back - NOTHING AFTER THIS DATE HAS BEEN TOUCHED per the representative. The lady also told me that they won't mail me an RFE until they start to process applications received for my NOA1 date. I know this can't be right as I see several people are receiving RFE's and/or approvals after the March 6 date. They seem to be very "robotic" in their answers and won't go into any detail other than what you can read on their website for yourself. I know it is still early in the process for me compared to others but can anyone provide clarification on this or any suggestions as how to maybe word my questions better to CSC to get the answers I am looking for?

1/4/06 ~ Met Online

2/15/06 ~ Got engaged

4/28/06 ~ Visited my soul mate/love of my life (The best 2+ weeks of my entire life!)

6/5/06 ~ I-129F Sent

6/20/06 ~ I-129F NOA1

**waiting for RFE**

Hi,

Go here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25015

I started a thread on those of us who filed in June using the old form. In that thread I explain how I finally got touches after I called USCIS as well as emailed CSC stating that I was expecting the IMBRA RFE. The person on the phone couldn't tell me when they were going to mail the RFE, but when I aske her if it would be okay for me to send in the new form as an amendment and she said as long as I make it clear with stickies that I already made an original submission. I would recommend doing this as I personally don't think it will hurt and certainly might speed things up if they are going to be sitting awhile before they send anymore IMBRA RFE's.

Here's my thoughts - my hunch is that since the new form was available online around June 6, 2006, USCIS decided to set aside those incoming petitions so they could deal with the backlog of all the IMBRA affected petitions from March to June. They had indicated that those petitions would be expedited. So I'm thinking that they assumed any petitions received after a certain cutoff day in June would not need IMBRA RFE's.

In any case, hopefully, once they've gone through the backlog of petitions from IMBRA, they'll get back to our petitions. This is all my speculation but if you look at the petition dates, it makes sense.

Edited by Steven_and_Jinky

Timeline
Why are you expecting an RFE?

They said that due to IMBRA that any application received after March 6 or before July 1 (old application prior to the newly revised 129-F with the new IMBRA information) will be required to complete an RFE in regards to IMBRA - was I informed incorrectly?

1/4/06 ~ Met Online

2/15/06 ~ Got engaged

5/13/06 ~ Had to leave to the US without my love - (no way to describe the pain I felt)

6/5/06 ~ I-129F Sent

6/20/06 ~ NOA1

8/14/06 ~ Touched (response to email I sent stating 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days)

8/16/06 ~ Touched (email stating letter responding to email was sent) - (after 30 days - still no letter - called USCIS to inform them - they will do inquiry)

10/3/06 ~ Touched

10/4/06 ~ Touched

10/9/06 ~ Rec'd letter re: inquiry I made 8/14/06-just said I-129F is being reviewed and RFE rec'd by CSC

10/19/06 ~ Touched

10/27/06 ~ (Rec'd notice via email on 10/27/06 that NOA2 was 10/17/06 - should be in the mail!) Thank you Lord!

11/1/06 ~ NVC rec'd NOA2

Without clouding an already clouded issue, Everyone after March 6 gets an RFE, having used the "old" I-129F.

If you used the post IMBRA I-129F, you may still get an RFE for IMBRA. It has happened, despite the fact that the new and improved I-129F includes the IMBRA inquiries.

You may get an IMBRA RFE or not, no one is sure at this point.

Depending on the version of the form you filed, You may get a touch or approval soon, as there is no apparent order to this process now.

It is all about the IMBRA RFE return date.

Hang in there. The "touch" is enroute.

Do you have an account with USCIS, with E-mail notification?

1/4/06 ~ Met Online

2/15/06 ~ Got engaged

6/5/06 ~ I-129F Sent

6/20/06 ~ I-129F NOA1

**waiting for RFE**

Timeline

1/4/06 ~ Met Online

2/15/06 ~ Got engaged

6/5/06 ~ I-129F Sent

6/20/06 ~ I-129F NOA1

**waiting for RFE**

Hi,

Go here:

I started a thread on those of us who filed in June using the old form. In that thread I explain how I finally got touches after I called USCIS as well as emailed CSC stating that I was expecting the IMBRA RFE. The person on the phone couldn't tell me when they were going to mail the RFE, but when I aske her if it would be okay for me to send in the new form as an amendment and she said as long as I make it clear with stickies that I already made an original submission. I would recommend doing this as I personally don't think it will hurt and certainly might speed things up if they are going to be sitting awhile before they send anymore IMBRA RFE's.

Here's my thoughts - my hunch is that since the new form was available online around June 6, 2006, USCIS decided to set aside those incoming petitions so they could deal with the backlog of all the IMBRA affected petitions from March to June. They had indicated that those petitions would be expedited. So I'm thinking that they assumed any petitions received after a certain cutoff day in June would not need IMBRA RFE's.

In any case, hopefully, once they've gone through the backlog of petitions from IMBRA, they'll get back to our petitions. This is all my speculation but if you look at the petition dates, it makes sense.

Thank you! In one of your previous threads you mentioned that you emailed CSC - is this possible? If so what is the email address? I was told not to even bother emailing CSC as they don't respond to applicants/petitioners.

1/4/06 ~ Met Online

2/15/06 ~ Got engaged

6/5/06 ~ I-129F Sent

6/20/06 ~ NOA1

10/3/06 ~ Touched

10/4/06 ~ Touched

10/19/06 ~ Touched

11/1/06 ~ NVC rec'd NOA2

1/4/06 ~ Met Online

2/15/06 ~ Got engaged

6/5/06 ~ I-129F Sent

6/20/06 ~ I-129F NOA1

**waiting for RFE**

Hi,

Go here:

Thank you! In one of your previous threads you mentioned that you emailed CSC - is this possible? If so what is the email address? I was told not to even bother emailing CSC as they don't respond to applicants/petitioners.

They used to be the only service center to respond to email. Not anymore.

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Timeline

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have an account with the email notification activated. What do you mean by it's all about the IMBRA RFE return date - not that this is what they are going by? USCIS told me they are going by the NOA1 dates just the other day (hence the March 6 processing date they quoted me).

Without clouding an already clouded issue, Everyone after March 6 gets an RFE, having used the "old" I-129F.

If you used the post IMBRA I-129F, you may still get an RFE for IMBRA. It has happened, despite the fact that the new and improved I-129F includes the IMBRA inquiries.

Depending on the version of the form you filed, You may get a touch or approval soon, as there is no apparent order to this process now.

1/4/06 ~ Met Online

2/15/06 ~ Got engaged

6/5/06 ~ I-129F Sent

6/20/06 ~ I-129F NOA1

**waiting for RFE**

1/4/06 ~ Met Online

2/15/06 ~ Got engaged

6/5/06 ~ I-129F Sent

6/20/06 ~ NOA1

10/3/06 ~ Touched

10/4/06 ~ Touched

10/19/06 ~ Touched

11/1/06 ~ NVC rec'd NOA2

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have an account with the email notification activated. What do you mean by it's all about the IMBRA RFE return date - not that this is what they are going by? USCIS told me they are going by the NOA1 dates just the other day (hence the March 6 processing date they quoted me).

1/4/06 ~ Met Online

2/15/06 ~ Got engaged

6/5/06 ~ I-129F Sent

6/20/06 ~ I-129F NOA1

**waiting for RFE**

Not right now they're not. They're turning around the RFEs they get back first, with some exceptions (sorry guys)... plenty of evidence to support that on this site....

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry to burst your bubble. But, I am at 141 days and on perpetual hold.

Iceyspots, for example, filed well before me, and still awaits an IMBRA RFE.

Meanwhile, April, May and June petitions continue to be approved. All with an earlier IMBRA RFE return date than mine. Of course, they shuffled the petitions before sending the IMBRA RFE's first.

Now approvals are based upon that criteria.

CSC = Idiots

The official processing order is listed below:

Edited by William33

Meanwhile, April, May and June petitions continue to be approved. All with an earlier IMBRA RFE return date than mine. Of course, they shuffled the petitions before sending the IMBRA RFE's first.

CSC = Idiots

Now wait just a minute. I called 'snake eyes' a long time ago and I was NOT approved first.... so there is a flaw in the theory :P

Ok, so perhaps the flaw is so small that it can't be SEEN by the naked eye...

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Timeline

Oh man - that is jacked up! But that attachment was good (and probably true)! LOL! I am so sorry to hear that you are that far behind - I will say a prayer for you. It tears me up inside that someone else determines when we get to be with our loved ones.

CSC = Idiots

1/4/06 ~ Met Online

2/15/06 ~ Got engaged

6/5/06 ~ I-129F Sent

6/20/06 ~ NOA1

10/3/06 ~ Touched

10/4/06 ~ Touched

10/19/06 ~ Touched

11/1/06 ~ NVC rec'd NOA2

The snake eye roll was always for you JenT, now, perhaps someone else to get approved?

With your permission, of course!!! :lol:

CSC = Idiots

Now wait just a minute. I called 'snake eyes' a long time ago and I was NOT approved first.... so there is a flaw in the theory :P

Ok, so perhaps the flaw is so small that it can't be SEEN by the naked eye...

Anyone who wants to claim snake eyes is welcome to it! (F)(F)(F)

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.