steve9179

processing time for manila after 2nd NOA was issued????

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok my case was put on hold for more evidence so I sent them what they needed and they sent me a letter back saying it was approved, now my question is how long does it take for the packet to go to manila from California office and then once they get the packet how long til they contact my fiance in the philippines, and also I read on here that if you bring in writing that you request the visa issued same day because I was going to fly there and attend with her and then hope to both fly back together. Also a couple other questions, I know I have to pay for the exam which is like $350-$500, but I thought I read somewhere on here that I have to pay an entry fee once here in the usa, I am not sure what its called but I think its around like $1000 can anyone verify that? so basically am just wondering if anyone has any past experience with manila office and when I could realistically think she wi be here? Thanks again for all the people who do answer!

Timeline

hi! im from manila and im here in texas with my husband now :)

when you receive the NOA2 it will only take more or less 1 month for your fiance to receive a letter from US Embassy in Manila telling her that she can schedule her interview and she has to undergo medical exam. If she already have all the necessary documents needed for the interview then she can actually schedule it sooner and make sure to have the medical exam atleast 1-2 weeks before the interview date.take note she needs to bring that letter when going to St. Lukes Clinic for the medical exam. now, after the interview it will be 3-5days to receive the passport with the visa if there would be no problems during the interview. Usually the visa has 6 months validity from the date of issue.

make sure she has ALL the requirements for the interview to avoid delay of the approval.yes she needs to pay like 10K+ pesos for the medical exam. and the fee you will be paying once she gets here and youre married is for the Adjustment of Status which is $1010.

Timeline

hi! im from manila and im here in texas with my husband now :)

when you receive the NOA2 it will only take more or less 1 month for your fiance to receive a letter from US Embassy in Manila telling her that she can schedule her interview and she has to undergo medical exam. If she already have all the necessary documents needed for the interview then she can actually schedule it sooner and make sure to have the medical exam atleast 1-2 weeks before the interview date.take note she needs to bring that letter when going to St. Lukes Clinic for the medical exam. now, after the interview it will be 3-5days to receive the passport with the visa if there would be no problems during the interview. Usually the visa has 6 months validity from the date of issue.

make sure she has ALL the requirements for the interview to avoid delay of the approval.yes she needs to pay like 10K+ pesos for the medical exam. and the fee you will be paying once she gets here and youre married is for the Adjustment of Status which is $1010.

and oh she also has to pay like 6k+ pesos for the interview.she can pay it at BDO..the instruction will be provided to her..

Timeline

and oh she also has to pay like 6k+ pesos for the interview.she can pay it at BDO..the instruction will be provided to her..

ok great a couple more questions for you, she lives in Davao can she take the medical exam there or does she have to fly to manila to do it? Also what documents will she need to bring so I can have her all prepared, and she is so nervous about the interview, but its because shes really never left her little area of davao except for when we went to boracay, otherwise she doesnt know much about the city life. And do you recommend that I go there and go to the interview with her? or do you think she will be fine on her own and to fly here alone. Thanks again

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i think the interview fee was raised to 16k+ pesos.

and you don't have to wait for the letter from the embassy. you just need to call the NVC and give them your case number and ask them for your MNL number (and if your case was already forwarded to the embassy. then your fiancee goes to the medical with a copy of the noa2 you have as well as her MNL # and they will allow her to take the medical... then you call the embassy, schedule the interview (we had better luck with me, the petitioner calling rather than her.) if they ask if you received the letter to schedule the interview just say yes.

it's always best if you can attend the interview with her... not required of course.

Timeline

i think the interview fee was raised to 16k+ pesos.

and you don't have to wait for the letter from the embassy. you just need to call the NVC and give them your case number and ask them for your MNL number (and if your case was already forwarded to the embassy. then your fiancee goes to the medical with a copy of the noa2 you have as well as her MNL # and they will allow her to take the medical... then you call the embassy, schedule the interview (we had better luck with me, the petitioner calling rather than her.) if they ask if you received the letter to schedule the interview just say yes.

it's always best if you can attend the interview with her... not required of course.

thanks I will give it a shot, I hired a lawyer when I first started this process and she mentioned something like this as well, but she said give it about 2 weeks after you recieve the first letter

...how long does it take for the packet to go to manila from California office and then once they get the packet how long til they contact my fiance in the philippines...

Your packet could easily take three weeks or so from the time it leaves USCIS until the time it arrives at the United States Embassy Manila (USEM), and the USEM enters it into their system. One of the reasons it takes so long is because the USCIS sends your packet the National Visa Center (NVC). Then, the NVC sends your packet to the USEM. Then, it takes some time for the USEM to enter your packet into their system.

After the USEM enters your packet into their system, they will inform your fiancée that she can make an interview appointment. Then, you, or your fiancée, can call and make an interview appointment.

If you want to move things along a little faster, once the NVC has your packet, you can call the them and get your MNL number. Then, keep calling the NVC to find out when they sent your packet to Manila. Once your packet has left the NVC, wait about a week or ten days for your packet to arrive at the USEM and for the USEM to enter it into their system. Then, call the Call Center and make an interview appointment for your fiancée using your MNL number. If the Call Center asks whether your fiancée has received notification from the USEM...just tell them YES!

and also I read on here that if you bring in writing that you request the visa issued same day because I was going to fly there and attend with her and then hope to both fly back together.

You had better be careful here. I would never buy a plane ticket without having a visa in hand! There is little to no chance that you will be able to pick up a visa on the same day as the interview, and there is no assurance that the consul officer at the USEM will allow the visa to be picked up at the USEM the next day either. There are many reports here on VJ where people pick up an expedited visa after a day or two or three at the USEM, but it's not a sure thing.

I know I have to pay for the exam which is like $350-$500

The medical exam at St. Lukes Extension Clinic (SLEC) costs $213 and change. Your fiancée will pay for it at SLEC when she goes for her exam.

I read somewhere on here that I have to pay an entry fee once here in the usa, I am not sure what its called but I think its around like $1000 can anyone verify that?

After your fiancée arrives here in the U.S. and you get married, that is the time she will file the papers to adjust her status (AOS). At that time, you will need to include a check for $1010. (gulp!) with her AOS packet.

so basically am just wondering if anyone has any past experience with manila office and when I could realistically think she wi be here?

Start getting your paperwork together in preparation for her interview because it is coming up fast! You two will be in each other's arms malapit na! :luv:

Thanks again for all the people who do answer!

Walang anuman. B-)

ok great a couple more questions for you, she lives in Davao can she take the medical exam there or does she have to fly to manila to do it?

All medical exams are done at St. Lukes Extension Clinic (SLEC) in Manila. Click here for details.

Also what documents will she need to bring so I can have her all prepared?

I sent my fiancée a copy of the same packet that I sent to the USCIS. Along with everything else, it included originals of all of the receipts. In addition to that, I sent her:

> My I-134.

> Income tax returns from the past three years.

> Income tax transcripts from the past three years.

> W-2's from the past three years.

> Paycheck stubs from the past three months.

> A letter from my employer.

> A letter reaffirming my intention to marry my fiancée.

> Selected copies of emails.

> The first page of selected chats.

> A screen shot of our chat log.

> Phone bills showing our calls to one another.

> Everything that demonstrated an ongoing relationship.

And do you recommend that I go there and go to the interview with her, or do you think she will be fine on her own and to fly here alone?

There are many good reasons for you to attend her interview, and I'm sure you already know what they are. If you do not attend the interview with her, she should be just OK anyway. She will simply have to put on her big girl pants and do what needs to be done. Love is a powerful motivator. :)

Good luck with everything... and bring home the pink! :thumbs:

Timeline

ok great a couple more questions for you, she lives in Davao can she take the medical exam there or does she have to fly to manila to do it? Also what documents will she need to bring so I can have her all prepared, and she is so nervous about the interview, but its because shes really never left her little area of davao except for when we went to boracay, otherwise she doesnt know much about the city life. And do you recommend that I go there and go to the interview with her? or do you think she will be fine on her own and to fly here alone. Thanks again

i can understand her being nervous. i was born in manila and still when i get to the US embassy i feel like a child going to a very unknown place :) but tell her that the interview is very simple. i think with me the consul asked me just 3 questions and thats it :) all she have to do is to prove that you have a genuine relationship (make sure she also knows about your background like your parents names their birthdays just in case they asked for that kind of stuff). and they also want to make sure that you can provide for her once she gets here.

manila can be a dangerous city since you said that she havent been there so i think it would be better if she has relatives in manila where she can stay and someone can show her around or someone from davao thats been to manila..

i wish you all the best! :)

hello to steve9179.. I am from davao too and we are also waiting for the letter from the embassy.. We got approved last June 09, 2010. maybe your fiance and i can get in touch with each other and maybe we can have interview and medical together. My mother will accompany me during my medical and interview.. Ill pm u my number so she can text me and so we can see each other in davao.. God bless

Edited by pookie123

03/29/10------129F sent
03/31/10------Received by CSC
04/01/10------NOA1
04/02/10------TOUCHED
04/06/10------Received NOA1 hard copy
06/09/10------NOA2
06/14/10------NVC received
06/16/10------NVC left
06/21/10------Consulate Received
07/12-13/10---Medical Examination (PASSED)
07/19/10------Interview (APPROVED)
07/23/10------VISA ON HAND..
10/27/10------POE @ Detroit
10/30/10------Wedding Day
AOS:
11/12/10------Sent AOS & EAD packet
11/14/10------Delivered to Chicago, IL
11/19/10------E-notifications received & NOA1
11/22/10------Rejection Notice for check $340 for EAD & $1010 check cleared
11/23/10------TOUCHED (I-485 & EAD)& Received NOA1 hard copy
11/24/10------TOUCHED (I-485 & EAD)
11/26/10------TOUCHED (I-485 & EAD)
11/29/10------Received Biometrics Letter (Scheduled 12/08)
12/08/10------Biometrics Appointment
01/28/11------Received text/email for EAD card production
02/03/11------Received another text/email for EAD card production
02/08/11------Received EAD card
02/10/11------Interview (APPROVED)
02/15/11------Received text/email GC production
02/18/11------Received another text/email GC production
02/25/11------Received GC

ROC:

12/15/12-----Mailed Lifting of Conditions Packet

12/19/12-----NOA1

01/24/13-----Biometrics done

07/09/13-----Received email GC production

07/10/13-----Received another email GC production

07/15/13-----Received 10-yr GC

6uic9nb5yrz.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.