5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good day to you all.

I have been going nuts for the past couple of days ever since i was told by my husband that we are gonna need a co sponsor.so I am here by seeking some information about the co-sponsor for CR1 visa.I have been told by my husband that in order for us to file for a CR1 visa we are gonna need a co-sponsor...but i would like to know the requirements that a co-sponsor should posses to be qualify for the case?i would like to know if the co-sponsor has to be a family member ?i also need to know if the co-sponsor has to own a home? or any other assets or valuable possession.i am just seeking sufficient information has to what a person need to have or fulfilled in order to be a co-sponsor?cause so far it is very hard to get someone to be our co-sponsor.one more thing i need to know...me and my husband would like to know what else we can do in the case if we can't get someone to be our co-sponsor....we need to know what will happen if we don't find a co-sponsor? I was wondering if the embassy will deny my visa.... but, then what? Do we start the process over? or pay more money to have it re-open. Do we have to wait until next year so that my my husband taxes will look better?

waiting patiently for your reply.

Edited by DOLLYBABY

A&J K1 visa Journey

Sent I-129F packet Sat-June 8,2013.

USCIS received 1-I29F Packet Wed-June 12,2013.

NOA1 Notification (email & text msg) and Notice Date Fri-June 14,2013.

Awaiting NOA1 hard copy in mail.................................

Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) On Thurs-June 20, 2013

NOA1 hard copy in the mail Fri-June 21,2013

I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) transferred from VSC to TSC On Fri-August 9, 2013

I129F,Petition for FIANCE(E) transfer and now being process at TSC Thur-August 15,2013

Receive Notice of Action Transfer (NOA-T) on Mon-August 19,2013

NOA2 Notification (Email) Wed-September 18,2013

NOA2 hard copy in the mail Tues-September 24,2013

I129F is shipped from USCIS to NVC Thurs-September 26,2013

NVC received approved I129F and assign case number Fri-October 4,2013

NVC shipped I129F to Embassy Wed-October 23,2013

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country:
Timeline

If you read the instructions on the I-864, a lot of your questions will be answered. The co-sponsor does not need assets (although you can list them on the I-864) and does not have to be a family member. They do have to be a US citizen, US national or permanent resident. Here are the income requirements. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Who told you that you are going to need a co-sponsor? Look at the link to see if you may qualify. Keep in mind that you can also use certain assets to qualify, although they have to be worth 3 times the income requirement.

Good day to you all.

I have been going nuts for the past couple of days ever since i was told by my husband that we are gonna need a co sponsor.so I am here by seeking some information about the co-sponsor for CR1 visa.I have been told by my husband that in order for us to file for a CR1 visa we are gonna need a co-sponsor...but i would like to know the requirements that a co-sponsor should posses to be qualify for the case?i would like to know if the co-sponsor has to be a family member ?i also need to know if the co-sponsor has to own a home? or any other assets or valuable possession.i am just seeking sufficient information has to what a person need to have or fulfilled in order to be a co-sponsor?cause so far it is very hard to get someone to be our co-sponsor.one more thing i need to know...me and my husband would like to know what else we can do in the case if we can't get someone to be our co-sponsor....we need to know what will happen if we don't find a co-sponsor? I was wondering if the embassy will deny my visa.... but, then what? Do we start the process over? or pay more money to have it re-open. Do we have to wait until next year so that my my husband taxes will look better?

waiting patiently for your reply.

Does your husband present income meets the income requirement for the number of depends that he will be supporting? The income requirement is set by the proverty level income.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

If you read the instructions on the I-864, a lot of your questions will be answered. The co-sponsor does not need assets (although you can list them on the I-864) and does not have to be a family member. They do have to be a US citizen, US national or permanent resident. Here are the income requirements. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Who told you that you are going to need a co-sponsor? Look at the link to see if you may qualify. Keep in mind that you can also use certain assets to qualify, although they have to be worth 3 times the income requirement.

thank you for your response...to answer your question of how i was told that i will be needing a co sponsor?my Husband was told by his attorney that he's gonna need a co sponsor for our CR1 visa case.

A&J K1 visa Journey

Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) On Thurs-June 20, 2013

I129F,Petition for FIANCE(E) transfer and now being process at TSC Thur-August 15,2013

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Does your husband present income meets the income requirement for the number of depends that he will be supporting? The income requirement is set by the proverty level income.

Thank you for your response...i don't think my husband income meets the requirement of the numbers of Dependants that he will be supporting..am the only one he will be supporting but he was out of work for a year...and did not make enough money for 2009 so that's why his attorney suggest we use a co sponsor for the CR1 visa paperwork.

A&J K1 visa Journey

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.