LainMike

Need Help

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:help: I found out after I filed for our I-129F, that I needed to include an IMBRA Waiver. So, I called USCIS and they told me to send it in to have it attached to our file, but there was no guarantee that it would be attached but I could try. After a week or so USCIS sent it back to me with a general letter attached, stating thank you for your question and to call them with any additional question I may have, no real explanation why they sent it back. :angry: So I called the USCIS again, they told me that since they returned the letter to me it means they rejected it. Should we just wait for the RFE or should I go to my local USCIS office to see if I can have it added to our application. Thank you for all your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

:help: I found out after I filed for our I-129F, that I needed to include an IMBRA Waiver. So, I called USCIS and they told me to send it in to have it attached to our file, but there was no guarantee that it would be attached but I could try. After a week or so USCIS sent it back to me with a general letter attached, stating thank you for your question and to call them with any additional question I may have, no real explanation why they sent it back. :angry: So I called the USCIS again, they told me that since they returned the letter to me it means they rejected it. Should we just wait for the RFE or should I go to my local USCIS office to see if I can have it added to our application. Thank you for all your help.

Unless your local USCIS office happens to be the service center where you sent your petition, then there's no way that submitting it at the local USCIS office is going to result in your letter joining up with your petition. Your petition is in an actual physical file, and it exists in only one place - the USCIS service center where you sent it.

USCIS doesn't have a formal process for assembling a petition file in bits and pieces. At any point in time, a service center may be processing hundreds of petitions. They DO, however, have a process for joining an RFE response with the petition file. At this point, there's little you can do other than wait for the RFE.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If it happens to be the waiver for multiple I-129F K-1 petitions, they might not even issue an RFE as there isn't always a formal waiver required. As Jim said, the best thing to do is to wait and see if you get an RFE from USCIS. Then respond to that RFE.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am more or less in the same vote as you are. Actually my senators office called me and said that the i-129f was not being processed untill I resolved the I-130 I had filled jan of 09, I asked them what I could do and they had me call USCIS. Since I am military I use a different phone line. I called them and they said for me to make an appointment with an Immigration Information Officer. I did. I lost cell phone service and called back again and got a different person, They said the same thing. Here was my mistake, I called the othe USCIS hot line and got transfered so someone higher then the individuals that answer the phones, all she did was tell me that I am not sappose to be adjucated untill september and just wait like everyone else. She also said that I did not need to make an appointment with the Immigration Information Officer. If this is about the I-130 I had written a rewuest for a withdrawl for that I-130 sep 09, While I was in the Phillipines in March they mailed a letter stating that all action on that case has been stoped. Hoeever it was mailed to my place of work. I found this letter thursday at the office in the shred pile. It almost got shreded. So I guess I will have to wait for the RFE. Just like you. You might want to make an appointment with your local Immigration Information Officer. it is easy to do and if you need help doing it just ask. Best of luck to you. Hopefully we get our RFE's soon so we can move forward.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.