gupt0014

Do "clean" cases=

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
I wonder if a "clean" case gets approved faster than those with "issues?"

Case in point...I am divorced and applied for a previous K1...later withdrawn.

Thoughts?

I do believe that it DOESN'T matter how "clean" your case is! Believe me, our backgrounds are cleaner that USCIS would imagine AND... still NOT approved :crying:

Someone said something I think yesterday that the illegal immigrants are welcomed and doing well, while the ones that would do everything to be legal are considered trash cans good to swallow all the US government garbage. What a crooked world!!!

March 1st - Mailed I129F to Nebraska SC

March6th - NOA1

June 1st - Trasfered to CSC

July 3th - Received IMBRA RFE

July 18th - CSC acknowledges receiving RFE

July 19 - touched

SEPTEMBER 6TH GOT OUR NOA2. GREAT JOY!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thoughts?

I do believe that it DOESN'T matter how "clean" your case is! Believe me, our backgrounds are cleaner that USCIS would imagine AND... still NOT approved :crying:

Someone said something I think yesterday that the illegal immigrants are welcomed and doing well, while the ones that would do everything to be legal are considered trash cans good to swallow all the US government garbage. What a crooked world!!!

far too true, doing things "the right way" does not pay in America

My guess would be that if you have a previous application on file, they are going to pull that file and take a look at it so that your fiance can be notified about your previous application, and for good reason. See my earlier post:

My Prior Post

Hopefully you did not lump me in with your previous post...

Beneficiaries only get notified IF the petiton was previously approved...mine was withdrawn midway through.

No, I was in no way lumping you with my previous post, but I'm not so sure about your fiance only being notified of prior approvals. The quesiton asks if you have ever filed an I-129f before, not if it was approved. Even if she does not receive some sort of 'formal notice' she'd see it on the I-129f.

The point of my prior post was just to inform you of my own personal experience, and that they probably would pull your prior file, and why they do.

Bill

However IMBRA only addresses previously approved K-1 petitions.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Thoughts?

A little perspective. Even pre-IMBRA a clean case didnt mean quicker approval. If one shares a name with someone or has a common name that results in a 'hit' their case will be held up until it is cleared. The time for this varies greatly. This still applies now, post IMBRA. So there are and will be clear cases held up just as there will be cases held up that have IMBRA related issues.

I wish you all the best on your journey.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Dude, you are spinning out of control.

It is RFE IMBRA dates that they are playing. Simple as that.

Relax and have a drink. Here, A rum and coke for you....

If thats the case i recieved notice of my RFE being recieved on 7/8 and i havent even been touched since then.

There has to be more to the whole process than we can put together. we also need to realize the people here on vj are only a fraction of the petitioners waiting for adjudication.

I just hope they get the ball rolling and keep steady approvals coming out, but it seems only hit and miss at times.

Good luck everyone hope we can all get to that place we all want so bad(next to our loved ones).

Edited by gobdogman

phili.gifflorida.gif

Cheap long distance---> http://www.talkloop.com/ref/ref.aspx?l=D145D6D060D5688 FREE $2.50 credit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.