visaveteran

Taking a break from RUB forum

19 posts in this topic

what is having a weapon under disability? :unsure:

That's a Felony-3 charge (here in Ohio) that applies when someone who is "under disability" (meaning they've had their right to bear arms stripped) is found to be posessing a firearm.

Typically, someone under disability has either a prior felony conviction, misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, certain drug charges, drug dependency or is a chronic alcoholic. I mistakenly assumed they'd be able to associate the CHL in my pocket with me never having been placed under disability... but, that's asking a lot of public officials.

That charge really messed me up too because from start to finish they looked at my case as a felony case instead of a misdemeanor. Even the judge said, "Oh, I remember this one, it started off as a felony." Not cool at all.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

That's a Felony-3 charge (here in Ohio) that applies when someone who is "under disability" (meaning they've had their right to bear arms stripped) is found to be posessing a firearm.

Typically, someone under disability has either a prior felony conviction, misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, certain drug charges, drug dependency or is a chronic alcoholic. I mistakenly assumed they'd be able to associate the CHL in my pocket with me never having been placed under disability... but, that's asking a lot of public officials.

That charge really messed me up too because from start to finish they looked at my case as a felony case instead of a misdemeanor. Even the judge said, "Oh, I remember this one, it started off as a felony." Not cool at all.

Sorry to hear it Slim. Does this mean that your CCW is void now?

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Does this mean that your CCW is void now?

It's suspended.

What's really cool though is my wife got the paper in the mail and said, "Maybe I should get this concealed carry now?"

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Mox says that he did intend to leave permanently, due to several VJ specific issues. Constant baiting by a particular poster (not Slim) was a minor thing. The TOS circus contributed, as did some of the other repetitive themes that bore some of us. Some of you may recall that mox was pursued through VJ by a real idiot (and several sock puppets) with constant baiting before, so he would no doubt find a repeat of that activity a total snooze-fest. He did say "never say never" though.

I am sorry to interrupt my sabbatical but Brad's Eye Witness News flash on Mox's exit from RUB deserves my reply.

First, thanks Brad for interviewing Mox and getting his "official" reply. I thought you did a good job of reading off Mox's cue cards. I liked the "Constant baiting" "TOS circus" and "repetitive themes" excuses for his taking a hike. Poor baby. I hope he's getting help.

Brad, thank you...I feel like you updated us with complete objectivity and fairness. And let me own that I am undoubtedly the "constant baiting poster" you mentioned. I'm a little insulted I was only a "minor thing."

What's good about this's update is it seems to confirm my original position that Mox is a gone goose. He's history. Looks like Slim got it wrong.

But, rest assured, if Mox returns to the forum, I'll be right behind him. I promise. I will happily be the counterpoint (or constant baiting poster) anytime.

And now, I'll return to my sabbatical.

VV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.