Brad and Vika

Eastern European Cuisine

Favorite Eastern European Food?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Eastern European Food?

170 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

True - but that is even more strange. Why would any one come to a family visa site to find a marraige agent?

If you were married to someone from... well, certain countries, which shall remain nameless...you may do just about anything! Seems someone has decided it was a good investment

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Holy #######! Another one! "Russian Love Match...FREE to join" FREE! Who knew? The Cap'n has got to be laughing all the way to the bank!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Holy #######! Another one! "Russian Love Match...FREE to join" FREE! Who knew? The Cap'n has got to be laughing all the way to the bank!

The ads are clearly supplied by some sort of bot that reads the forum and guesses what ad would be best. On the top shot thread, for instance, there is an ad for a course in marksmanship.

The ads are clearly supplied by some sort of bot that reads the forum and guesses what ad would be best. On the top shot thread, for instance, there is an ad for a course in marksmanship.

If you were married to someone from... well, certain countries, which shall remain nameless...you may do just about anything! Seems someone has decided it was a good investment

Yep. Ewok sold some one on the idea :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Why would any one come to a family visa site to find a marraige agent?

Maybe they're thinking some of the "we're still in the building stages of my fourth K-1" guys will "accidentally" click on their site and start talking to one of their clients.

There are also a few of us who've been married for a while. Maybe it's about time to "trade 'em back in for the new model." - Or at least that's what they're thinking. (I would never think that. No. Not at all.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Maybe they're thinking some of the "we're still in the building stages of my fourth K-1" guys will "accidentally" click on their site and start talking to one of their clients.

There are also a few of us who've been married for a while. Maybe it's about time to "trade 'em back in for the new model." - Or at least that's what they're thinking. (I would never think that. No. Not at all.)

I read somewhere there is a VJ singles forum. I never really looked. I thought it rather odd.

Gary And Alla

:lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I read somewhere there is a VJ singles forum. I never really looked. I thought it rather odd.

I think it's called "Off Topic."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Good thread! I love food.

But I lived in Russia for 3 months and I really don't know the names of any traditional dishes that I had. My wife prefers a mostly vegetarian diet. She eats "kasha" for breakfast everyday, and I'm still not sure what it is (some kind of grain stuff). Mostly we ate various types of sauteed vegetables, which is fine by me. When she was at work I just went and bought the same types of stuff and tried to cook it the same way.

I got a craving for good ol' cow meat one time and got a "gamburger" in the middle of the night at some street vendor. It was really just slabs of fatty pork or something topped with a pile of carrot slaw on a bun. I don't like fatty meat, so I tossed it and just sat on the apartment building stairs and ate my carrot-burger. That won me a lot of friends, though, as the neighboorhood cats enjoyed the pork.

It's funny that people have mentioned the fish salad stuff. My wife and I used to get the salad bar at a local restaurant now and then, and they had several types of nasty fish stuff, including whole fish in a bowl and various types of salads. Then there was the salty jello with some kind of meat in it. I try to be open-minded, but it turned my stomach. Just goes to show how much influence learned behavior has on food preferences, I guess.

Try dolma with grape leaves (not cabbage like golubtsi). With sour cream and a bit of garlic. Tastes like heaven :)

My Art and Handmade Gifts

10. 10. 2008 - sent the petition

10. 16. 2008 - NOA1

04. 10. 2009 - sent letters to senators and asked for help

04. 17. 2009 - service request

04. 20. 2009 - filled senator's form which we got from him

04. 30. 2009 - another senator called us up

05. 04. 2009 - NOA2

05. 08. 2009 - NVC

06. 16. 2009 - interview (8 months since NOA1) passed

07. 03. 2009 - leaving for Texas. Go Rangers

07. 25. 2009 - officially married

08. 28. 2009 - AOS process started

09. 08. 2009 - NOA1

09. 30. 2009 - AP approved

10. 02. 2009 - I485 was forwarded to California, yay!

10. 13. 2009 - biometrics

10. 13. 2009 - EAD production was ordered

01. 04. 2010 - AOS approved

Done till Oct 2011!

11. 11. 2011 - I 751 filed

11. 16. 2011 - NOA1

12. 16. 2011 - Biometrics

04. 16. 2012 - ROC Approved

10. 10. 2012 - N 400 filed

10. 15. 2012 - NOA1

11. 15. 2012 - Biometrics

12. 04. 2012 - In line for the interview

01. 14. 2013 - Interview

01. 25. 2013 - Oath ceremony

Timeline

Try dolma with grape leaves (not cabbage like golubtsi). With sour cream and a bit of garlic. Tastes like heaven :)

Oh no, that's horrible and it is not from the area of the word we are familiar with! Greek food I think, yes? It may be, arguably, eastern Europe, but uh, uh, it is right up there with stinky fish. I like a lot of Greek food, but not Dolma!

Gary And Alla

Oh no, that's horrible and it is not from the area of the word we are familiar with! Greek food I think, yes? It may be, arguably, eastern Europe, but uh, uh, it is right up there with stinky fish. I like a lot of Greek food, but not Dolma!

Duh, I don't know what do they do with dolma there in Greece. Mine comes from Caucas.

My Art and Handmade Gifts

10. 10. 2008 - sent the petition

10. 16. 2008 - NOA1

04. 10. 2009 - sent letters to senators and asked for help

04. 17. 2009 - service request

04. 20. 2009 - filled senator's form which we got from him

04. 30. 2009 - another senator called us up

05. 04. 2009 - NOA2

05. 08. 2009 - NVC

06. 16. 2009 - interview (8 months since NOA1) passed

07. 03. 2009 - leaving for Texas. Go Rangers

07. 25. 2009 - officially married

08. 28. 2009 - AOS process started

09. 08. 2009 - NOA1

09. 30. 2009 - AP approved

10. 02. 2009 - I485 was forwarded to California, yay!

10. 13. 2009 - biometrics

10. 13. 2009 - EAD production was ordered

01. 04. 2010 - AOS approved

Done till Oct 2011!

11. 11. 2011 - I 751 filed

11. 16. 2011 - NOA1

12. 16. 2011 - Biometrics

04. 16. 2012 - ROC Approved

10. 10. 2012 - N 400 filed

10. 15. 2012 - NOA1

11. 15. 2012 - Biometrics

12. 04. 2012 - In line for the interview

01. 14. 2013 - Interview

01. 25. 2013 - Oath ceremony

Timeline

Although cabbage is more common, I have heard of golubtsi wrapped in grape leaves. I saw them in Krasnoyarsk.

I know they make them like that in Georgia and Moldova.

I prefer stuffed peppers to golubtsi, actually

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.