mark&rhiz

Bring my son thru k-2visa

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! pls. i need your help!...i would like to get some infos on how to start filing k-2 visa for my 5 yr old son. I miss him very much! My k-1 visa was approved last September 14, 2009, i also listed him in my I-129F. is it still possible to derive my son's k2 visa application under my I-129F???? If yes, how soon or how do we go about it??? If not anymore...what's the right thing to do?? Right now, i'm just waiting for my 2 yr conditional permanent resident card, since my AOS is already approved. I'm not sure where to start.....whether its best to get him the passport first...which ones to file first....????

I've been searching and reading topics too but still just want to know answers about my case...i appreciate all the help! Godbless! :help:

LOVE of a LIFETIME

Your son's K2 visa must be issued within one year from the date of your K1 visa hence you only have 3 months left to get him to the US or your husband will need to file another petition for him. Not sure if the procedures changed, but you need to inform the US Embassy in Manila ASAP. Send them a fax informing them that your son is ready to join you in the US and provide them with all the pertinent info and fax to (632) 301-2017. They will then send instructions.

Better yet, give them a call so you can get up-to-date information to avoid delays.

Edited by Pinay Wife

Your son's K2 visa must be issued within one year from the date of your K1 visa hence you only have 3 months left to get him to the US or your husband will need to file another petition for him. Not sure if the procedures changed, but you need to inform the US Embassy in Manila ASAP. Send them a fax informing them that your son is ready to join you in the US and provide them with all the pertinent info and fax to (632) 301-2017. They will then send instructions.

Better yet, give them a call so you can get up-to-date information to avoid delays.

:thumbs: give the Embassy a call as soon as you can. fortunately, you still have 3 months for a visa to be issued.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Country:
Timeline

And get started on his Passport, that can take a couple of months but you need it before he has his medical & embassy appointment.

hi, besides scheduling an interview, you asked a question about a passport for your son. I don't know what's involved, hopefully someone will answer that question. here's a link to the DFA website. http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/consular-services/passport

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The first step that we have to do is get him the passport...but as required...the personal appearance of the mother is needed for illegitimated children. I am working right now, I cant go home now but I'm going to Phils by December 2010. Maybe we'll just file another application for him after I get him his passport this December2010 when I get to Phils. :(

LOVE of a LIFETIME

The first step that we have to do is get him the passport...but as required...the personal appearance of the mother is needed for illegitimated children. I am working right now, I cant go home now but I'm going to Phils by December 2010. Maybe we'll just file another application for him after I get him his passport this December2010 when I get to Phils. :(

you can get him a passport even if you're here in US http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/consular-services/passport

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.