Fandango

British Bun in the Oven

1,114 posts in this topic

I know you probably hear a lot of these " MY experience was.." type of stories, Joyce, but my SIL was told the same thing about her baby being breech and needing to turn or she'd be in for a C-section. And he finally did within the last week or two, and I've heard the same happen with others. Fingers crossed.

Filed: Timeline

Oh Empress - I can relate to the 'weepiness'. It will pass - though not until about 3 weeks post partum for me. I hope the attempts to get her to turn are successful!!

Lisa - I was going to shoot you a text so we could communicate that way (easier than getting on the computer when you have a newborn). I kind of needed 'outside interaction' during those first weeks home. :) I'm glad to hear he is doing so well - what a cutie!!!

Emily goes for her 2 month appt today: read: a lot of shots. UGH!!!!

Pls do, anytime!!!

How did the shots go?

Poor lil Nick is getting circ'd tomorrow...I'm sure that won't be fun :(

Shots went ok - more traumatizing for me I think. LOL. She actually didn't seem to feel too badly afterwards so that's good.

Oh gosh - I would be a nervous wreck about the circ. I don't think I could handle it - you're so brave!! I'm sure he'll be fine though.

SA4userbar.jpg

He was a trooper!! We brought him in, and then when the doc came in and was filling the needle, I looked at my lil boy's eyes and I couldn't handle it, so I had to leave the room. Dad stayed in though.

I cried the whole time while waiting. Called my mom. Calmed down, then they called me back in, and he looked fine! Doc said he was great, no troubles, etc.

He's resting, and really hasn't cried extra today, so all's well, I suppose!

I know you probably hear a lot of these " MY experience was.." type of stories, Joyce, but my SIL was told the same thing about her baby being breech and needing to turn or she'd be in for a C-section. And he finally did within the last week or two, and I've heard the same happen with others. Fingers crossed.

It's always nice to hear good stories! I'm taking the "whatever happens happens" approach. I talked to a friend of mine yesterday who had the external version, but they stopped it because the baby wasn't reacting well to it. She ended up having a scheduled c-section a couple of weeks later and said it was great to avoid labor and know ahead of time when she'd have the kid, as opposed to walking around like a "ticking time bomb," in her words. I guess what I have to remember is that whatever the situation, it can be handled.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Glad to hear Nick's circ went ok Lisa (well, as ok as you can expect!).

I'm so hopeful, Empress, that Limita will end up turning on her own ultimately. Let's cross all our fingers and toes everyone!!!

Emily has been challenging for me today. Just one of those 'if you put me down, I am going to cry' days. I just now shut the office door and let her bawl it out in her bouncy seat. Clean, fed - not much else I can do for her. I think Chas got tired of the noise and went and tried something because she's quasi quiet for now. What he's done I dunno - I've lost my secret decoder ring.

SA4userbar.jpg

Glad to hear Nick's circ went ok Lisa (well, as ok as you can expect!).

I'm so hopeful, Empress, that Limita will end up turning on her own ultimately. Let's cross all our fingers and toes everyone!!!

Emily has been challenging for me today. Just one of those 'if you put me down, I am going to cry' days. I just now shut the office door and let her bawl it out in her bouncy seat. Clean, fed - not much else I can do for her. I think Chas got tired of the noise and went and tried something because she's quasi quiet for now. What he's done I dunno - I've lost my secret decoder ring.

Do you know what he did? (I'm on a fact-finding mission for future reference.)

How are things going, all things considered?

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

He just sat her on his knee facing out and stuck a rattle in front of her face. It only worked for about 5 mins though, LOL. She's just been fussy britches today. He's giving her a bath now. Sometimes its just about changing how or where she's sitting and giving her something new to look at or focus on.

All things considered, it's gone well - Emily is a good baby who started sleeping thru the night at 6 weeks old (will it last? I doubt it, LOL). She eats well, isn't overly gassy, enjoys a bath and tends to sleep when we go out anywhere. We hit the baby jackpot really. But weI get frustrated when she is otherwise ok (full, dry, burped out) but still ticked off about something - what, we don't know. That's when we tend to take turns so that one of us doesn't get to the end of our rope. But I'm sure this is no different than what every other parent since the dawn of time has experienced. And you will too I'm sure!

SA4userbar.jpg

Tracy - water down some fennel tea in a bottle for her. It'll calm her down and she'll sleep. Then you drink a cup and have a nap too! ;)

My pediatrician's nurse gave me that remedy for Josie when she was newborn. She was my fussy one.

I think it works out easy pregnancy = fussy baby. Difficult pregnancy = easier baby. With Jaden I couldn't keep anything down, and he was a 4 lb. preemie, but he was happy and smiley. Slept a lot. Very easy most of the time. With Josie, I got sick ONE time, she was healthy and full term, but was fussy as all get out, and allergic to 9 kinds of formula before we found one that worked for her (and cost $23/can!)

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

Yo,

I am now entering the ninth month. Yay! Also, I think (but am not positive) that Limita has turned. I have an ultrasound coming up Wednesday to check the amniotic fluid level--this is part of the deluxe old-lady CYA package--so I'll see what the position is then. I had an appointment with the nurse practitioner at my OB's office yesterday, and although she couldn't confirm it, she suspects that the head is down from the feel from the outside (i.e., there's something hard down by my pelvis--the head, I hope!). I had some major abdominal tenderness earlier in the week, but I'm not sure if that had anything to do w/ it. I have noticed now that when Limita hiccups, I'm feeling it lower down than before. I hope this isn't wishful thinking on my part. I do have a very vivid imagination. Fingers crossed! I may not have to worry about such horrors as the external cephalic version after all!

The "nontraditional" shower was Sunday and went well. We got lots of nice & useful stuff (to include a total of 2,016 wipes), and I think it was fairly tolerable for all. We had the football game on, and beer & margaritas. None of the mothers in attendance felt the need to pass along tired advice or go on about a 50-hour labor, or anything! In fact, one of the guests was a mother of 11-year-old twins. I asked her something about her pregnancy, and she said, in a somewhat mock dramatic manner, "I remember nothing. I've blocked it all out." :lol: Bless her.

Anything new w/ the wee ones?

K-1

AOS

Do you know what he did? (I'm on a fact-finding mission for future reference.)

My future reference fussy baby tip if you have a laundry room inside. (Might not be so helpful if you have to go out in the garage)

I discovered that putting her (in the baby carrier or car seat thingy) on top of the clothes dryer and running it worked like a charm. The sound and the vibration and maybe a little warmth stopped the crying and put her to sleep.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Good to hear about Limita, Empress. Be sure to let us know how the ultrasound looks. :)

My wee one is fine. Almost 3 months old, still sleeps through the night and usually (tho not always) goes down easily when it's bedtime. We leave her with a sitter on Wednesday for just over 24 hours to go see Rush in Atlanta. Excited about the concert but it sure will be hard leaving her. But we deserve a break too and the sitter is so excited to have her - so it'll be fine. :) I go back to work probably 10/18; kind of mixed emotions there. Grateful to have my job and that it gave me this long with pay to be with Emily. But I know I'll start missing a lot of her 'firsts' - but at least she can have those w/ Chas and not some random day care person. So another reason to be thankful. :)

Chas' best friend from the UK is here until 10/4 so she is enjoying meeting another 'uncle'. I might add that he is a MUCH easier guest so far than my hideous MIL. Though you can't fall off the floor... :whistle:

SA4userbar.jpg

Yo,

I am now entering the ninth month. Yay! Also, I think (but am not positive) that Limita has turned. I have an ultrasound coming up Wednesday to check the amniotic fluid level--this is part of the deluxe old-lady CYA package--so I'll see what the position is then. I had an appointment with the nurse practitioner at my OB's office yesterday, and although she couldn't confirm it, she suspects that the head is down from the feel from the outside (i.e., there's something hard down by my pelvis--the head, I hope!). I had some major abdominal tenderness earlier in the week, but I'm not sure if that had anything to do w/ it. I have noticed now that when Limita hiccups, I'm feeling it lower down than before. I hope this isn't wishful thinking on my part. I do have a very vivid imagination. Fingers crossed! I may not have to worry about such horrors as the external cephalic version after all!

The "nontraditional" shower was Sunday and went well. We got lots of nice & useful stuff (to include a total of 2,016 wipes), and I think it was fairly tolerable for all. We had the football game on, and beer & margaritas. None of the mothers in attendance felt the need to pass along tired advice or go on about a 50-hour labor, or anything! In fact, one of the guests was a mother of 11-year-old twins. I asked her something about her pregnancy, and she said, in a somewhat mock dramatic manner, "I remember nothing. I've blocked it all out." :lol: Bless her.

Anything new w/ the wee ones?

The above in bold literally made me LOL. Your shower sounded awesome! And do let us know how the cya old lady U/S turns out.

As to my wee one...he's fab! He's 18 days old now, such a happy baby, too. He is a bit fussy at times and the breastfeeding has been a challenge at times. We just got one of those superfly pumps, so hopefully that will help my being so 'on demand'. My mom calls me 'Elsie' like the Borden's cow, lol. We all get a kick outta it...and when I feign insult, she claims she's saying 'LC' for my initials after I marry, lol.

But I am deffo the 'moomy' right now, heh. Baby's sleeping currently, and all is well.

I will say this: I am one of those nervous types. His aunt got us the Angel Care Deluxe monitor system, and I cannot say how much of a Godsend it is. It monitors when movement stops in the crib/cradle. It can feel even when the baby is just laying still, breathing. And if the baby - God forbid - ever stopped breathing, an alarm goes off. It has two parent handsets, with a voice intercom, and temperature gauge for the room the baby's in.

And there's this option that it lightly beeps every couple of seconds to let you know all is well in the world and there's movement.

http://www.angelcare-monitor.com/United-States/en/products/angelcare-monitor-AC401-deluxe

Honestly I think that monitor would make me obsess more. LOL I'd listen to it so much that I'd never go to sleep. I like to close Emily's bedroom door where I can still stick an eye in and see inside the crib.

Glad to hear little Nick is doing so well! :)

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, ladies

Groovy news. It's confirmed: Limita has turned and is head down. Yippee! Fingers crossed she stays that way!

A little over two weeks until the due date. Limita is restless, particularly in the evening, and I truly think she's trying to get out through my belly.

I've been quite busy trying to get my final work project done--my last until the new year--so I can spend at least a week getting ready and maybe napping. This is assuming that Limita arrives close to her due date and not, say, tomorrow. We put together the pack & play over the weekend. It includes a "newborn napper" bassinet-type thing, which Limita will sleep in initially. It really wasn't all that complicated, although the documentation was poor, and unfortunately, Jon is one of those guys who glances at the first couple of pages of instructions, tears open boxes and bags, and gets to it. Within minutes, I heard expletives flying, and the sound of metal on metal. I had to intervene and suggest such crazy things as reading the entire instruction booklet first. I should add that I'm not terribly good at assembling stuff, but I do have patience, which apparently is half the battle w/ that sort of thing. Oy!

We also got a car seat/stroller combo. Speaking of which, are car seats really that tricky to install? Is it worth making an appointment w/ the Fire Department to help with it?

I hope all is well with the little ones. Anything new?

K-1

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.