godspeed

I-601 and refusing vaccines on religious/moral grounds

12 posts in this topic

I'm working on a I-129f application for my foreign fiance and learned that they require her to get a slew of vaccinations prior to adjustment of status.

We both object to the use of current vaccines on religious/moral grounds and have heard that filing an I-106 indicating this can exempt her from having to have vaccines.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

There's alot of good reason to avoid vaccines - the least of which is to avoid harming yourself;

www.nvic.org

www.naturalnews.com/vaccines.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

That's one hefty fee for a vaccination waiver.

Screw that. I'd take those darned vaccinations than pay another $600 or such.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

I don't think I've heard of anyone getting that waiver approved on moral/religious grounds before.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We have people asking about this every few months; so far, I don't think anyone had the waiver approved.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The classic government position when it comes to vaccinations and immigration is that immigration is a privilege and that the vaccines are a condition of gaining that privilege. If you don't want to fill the requirements, then don't immigrate

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Other Timeline

I agree with your assessment on vaccines. Basically, it's injecting a life-threatening illness into a healthy body, hoping the body will create antibodies to fight it. Most often it works, sometimes it doesn't and the patient gets very ill and, on occasion, dies. I therefore refuse any vaccines unless there's a need for it. If I'm surrounded by people who die of the black pest, I'd get a vaccination. Until then, I won't.

For that very reason I looked into refusing the required vaccinations. I learned that it is possible to do that, but involves not only money but would have slowed my own petition down by about a year. In my situation, that was not a viable option. I wanted to get it over with.

I was lucky to find a physician who tested my body extensively for antibodies. Since I'm an old guy already, there was not much that needed to be done. I had once hiccup, a dark spot in one of my lungs, which required further investigation, but in the end it was just an expensive annoyance. Bottom line: since even HIV-positive people are allowed to immigrate, it's all about the money, the money, and nothing but the money. Health's got nothing to do with it.

Welcome to America!

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think these guys had a 601 approved for refusal to take vaccines:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=52138

You're looking at a long wait and added expense, though, so think long & hard about whether you want to try.

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They do get approved, but they are discretionary and cost $545 to file and get lumped into a pile that can take anywhere from an additional 4-13 months to process. . .depending on the country from which you're applying. . . .AND, you cannot file it until the actual interview takes place,so there's no way to speed it up. The better option is being tested for antibodies, like JustBob said, and limiting the number you have to take (for example if you already have antibodies to chickenpox. . .you don't have to take that one, etc.)

As for the argument against taking the vaccines, the reason you aren't surroounded by someone with "black death" is because of these vaccines. Imagine the world if those vaccines didn't exist and you still had to worry about contracting Polio or measles. . .no medicine is perfect, but the world is a better place with vaccines.

Edited by emt103c

• 1 month later...

Yeah I agree, it's good that we eradicated polio, etc...

Unfortunately the big pharma companies are very corrupt so you can't trust the extra stuff they add to the vaccines. The most disturbing thing found so far has been SV-40, which is a US government developed bioweapon - a virus that causes cancer.

How would this end up in Merck vaccines meant for the public?

I think it would be good for alot of potential emigrants - if we develope a good road map here on visajourney to help them use the waiver to get a religious exemption.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you are refusing the vaccines based on their safety (or lack thereof), then that is not religious though, that would be health grounds...

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

personally I agree with the right not to take these shots. Every male in my immediate family who has had them has had various mental issues for about 7 years after the shots. Bo polar. manic depressive ADHD , two of them turned into cutters during this period. Sad to see in children 5-13 . Those that didn't behaved much differently.

Yeah I agree, it's good that we eradicated polio, etc...

Unfortunately the big pharma companies are very corrupt so you can't trust the extra stuff they add to the vaccines. The most disturbing thing found so far has been SV-40, which is a US government developed bioweapon - a virus that causes cancer.

How would this end up in Merck vaccines meant for the public?

I think it would be good for alot of potential emigrants - if we develope a good road map here on visajourney to help them use the waiver to get a religious exemption.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

If you are refusing the vaccines based on their safety (or lack thereof), then that is not religious though, that would be health grounds...

i think most religions say that you should treat your body like a temple - just like suicide is bad - self harming by taking bad substances is also bad.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.