Kathryn41

Off Topic Part Cinq

1,486 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My son is 12... he survived a 16 hour train ride to NYC once... I think he'll be okay. We drive back and forth all of the time. The only problem is...I think he caught a case of the snobs because he was a little put off that we were taking a bus. Guess I better start getting him settled back down here on planet Earth.

Donne moi une poptart!

*wave*

'Lo, everyone! :D

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

*wave*

'Lo, everyone! :D

Hey, Nini!

~ 04/29/06 - The love story begins...

~ 06/08/06 - First met in person (Calgary, Alberta).

~ 12/30/06 - He gave her a shiny, pretty ring!

*¨¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨¨*

~ 05/10/07 - Sent evidence for I-129F/G-325A to NSC

~ 06/08/07 - NOA1 hard copy received!!!

~ 10/22/07 - NOA2 hard copy received!!!

~ 01/17/08 - Kyle's interview - he's approved!!!!!!!

~ 02/08/08 - Kyle enters the States via Washington.

~ 02/09/08 - Kyle arrives in Ohio. Together at last!!! :D

~ 03/07/08 - MARRIED!!!

*¨¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS/AP/EAD¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨¨*

~ 05/10/08 - Mailed out AOS, EAD and AP papers.

~ 05/23/08 - NOAs received in mail.

~ 05/27/08 - Biometrics appointment letter received in mail.

~ 06/12/08 - Biometrics appointment.

~ 06/19/08 - RFE is issued for AOS. :(

~ 07/17/08 - Submitted requested evidence.

~ 07/30/08 - Case is transferred to CSC.

~ 08/22/08 - Receive Kyle's AP documents!!!

~ 08/23/08 - Receive Kyle's EAD card!!!

~ 09/25/08 - Receives green card!!!

*¨¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ Removal of Conditions¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨¨*

~ 06/23/10 - Mailed away I-751 & evidence.

~ 06/25/10 - Packet was signed for in Laguna Niguel, CA.

~ 07/06/10 - Received NOA1!

~ 07/26/10 - Biometrics appointment letter received - 08/03/10

~ 09/02/10 - Biometrics retaken

~ 09/16/10 - Approved!

~ 09/21/10 - 10 year green card received!

Holy carp. Where have you been?

Mentally, out to lunch. I'm doing night school to finish off my degree, plus I was promoted about six months ago, THEN six weeks later my partner was promoted to a different agency and left me to run the department by my tiny lonesome. It's been a grueling half-year. :P

So, what've I missed? :)

Edited by ~Nini~

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Timeline

Oh. I didn't know about "sorry" was one. Now I'm trying to figure out how it's said differently. lol

Hehe, it's not that it is said differently - it is that it is said at all! In the grocery store if my cart blocks the aisle, I move it and say 'sorry'. If someone else's cart is blocking the aisle, I ask them to move it and I don't get a 'sorry' - I get a 'grunt' or an 'unh unh'. I don't think many Americans are very familiar with the word so that is why it identifies Canadians.

Oh, I just remembered that hilarious scene in "Canadian Bacon" where the two sets of bad guys are running and pushing their way through the massed Canadian crowds during the chase scene. The bad guys keep running into the Canadians and knocking them flying - and the Canadians keep saying 'Sorry' "Excuse me" "Oops, Sorry" . It is priceless! :rofl:

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hehe, it's not that it is said differently - it is that it is said at all! In the grocery store if my cart blocks the aisle, I move it and say 'sorry'. If someone else's cart is blocking the aisle, I ask them to move it and I don't get a 'sorry' - I get a 'grunt' or an 'unh unh'. I don't think many Americans are very familiar with the word so that is why it identifies Canadians.

Oh, I just remembered that hilarious scene in "Canadian Bacon" where the two sets of bad guys are running and pushing their way through the massed Canadian crowds during the chase scene. The bad guys keep running into the Canadians and knocking them flying - and the Canadians keep saying 'Sorry' "Excuse me" "Oops, Sorry" . It is priceless! :rofl:

Stereotype much? Nice job of perpetuating stereotypes with limited anecdotal evidence. I don't think all inconveniences merit a full apology, and as such, I don't issue them unless warranted.

Timeline

at the store the other day I noticed that Hunt's is now making a no HFCS ketchup now :thumbs::dance:

I had found a no HFCS ketchup at another store but the Hunt's brand one is a little cheaper..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

at the store the other day I noticed that Hunt's is now making a no HFCS ketchup now :thumbs::dance:

I had found a no HFCS syrup at another store but the Hunt's brand one is a little cheaper..

That is the one we have been buying. About a month ago walmart had it on sale for 84 cents so we stocked up on it.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

That is the one we have been buying. About a month ago walmart had it on sale for 84 cents so we stocked up on it.

Oh I will have to check for it at Walmart.. I bought mine at Superior for about a buck I think..

that was supposed to be ketchup not syrup ..lol

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I Know that I say sorry for everything, far too much according to my hubby. I say sorry if something goes wrong, if someone is late, If i get angry or upset, if i accidently bump someone, if i need to get around a person. However Maybe I am just a nice person. I also am the chick that lets everyone have the right away! :)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

I had found a no HFCS ketchup at another store but the Hunt's brand one is a little cheaper..

HFCS isn't bad you know, it's essentially the same as sugar. The problem is when you get sugar added on top of HFCS. I try to get products that only have one or the other, but it is hard at times. To be perfectly honest, I can only taste the difference between sugar and HFCS in coca cola. The Mexican coke, which is sweetened with cane sugar is a bit sweeter and tastes better.

Timeline

HFCS isn't bad you know, it's essentially the same as sugar. The problem is when you get sugar added on top of HFCS. I try to get products that only have one or the other, but it is hard at times. To be perfectly honest, I can only taste the difference between sugar and HFCS in coca cola. The Mexican coke, which is sweetened with cane sugar is a bit sweeter and tastes better.

bad good whatever..

all I know is that ketchup without HFCS tastes better then ketchup with it.. *shrugs*

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

bad good whatever..

all I know is that ketchup without HFCS tastes better then ketchup with it.. *shrugs*

Because that is what you grew up with and know. I imagine i'd probably say the same thing about Canadian ketchup if I moved there :P

On a side note, is there an actual difference between Ketchup and Catsup, or is it just a different spelling?

Timeline

Because that is what you grew up with and know. I imagine i'd probably say the same thing about Canadian ketchup if I moved there :P

On a side note, is there an actual difference between Ketchup and Catsup, or is it just a different spelling?

my husband says the no HFCS ketchup better too..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.