Kathryn41

Off Topic Part Cinq

1,486 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Love San Diego!!!! Was pretty much my second home back in my Cdn Navy days!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So last week I decide to order this dress online - I have a wedding to go to at the end of the month and wanted something new. So I get it home, and its a zip up dress, and instead of waiting for my husband to perhaps come home and help me with it, I decide that I will try it on myself because I just can't wait! So I try it on, can't reach the zipper to do it up. So I decide take it off, zip it up and then try to put it back on, over my head. Well somehow the dress gets stuck at my shoulders, and my arms are completely stuck in this upright position. I couldn't move, I could just stand there and pathetically shimmy around a bit. My husband wasn't due home for another hour, so waiting for him wasn't going to work. Besides, I don't care how comfortable I am with him... I looked like a freaking moron trying to dive out of a dress that was only at my shoulders. Anyways, I keep trying to twist my out of it, I mean I was standing there in that position, for a good fifteen minutes and I believe my arms were starting to go numb... and I do remember my breaths getting shorter as well... but that could have been the anxiousness of being completely stuck in a dress and not quite knowing what to do. Finally I just twisted hard and I heard the worst possible sound I could have heard: "RIIIIP" yep... ripped that dress right from the zipper.

I was going to just fix it myself, and then I figured I could bring it to a seamstress, but I just said: "Ahh screw it!" and I threw it back into the bag, packaged it up, wrote a complaint: "Dress was ripped when it arrived! Fabric looks cheap!" and hoped that they would just give me a refund and not even suspect that an idiot tried to put it on the wrong way.

Today in my email... a letter from the store: "We're sorry the dress didn't work out for you" yea you can say that again! "Your credit card will be refunded... thank you for shopping with us"

Thats my story. Bye now.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
:lol: I couldn't help but get a chuckle out of that. I can just see myself doing the same thing. Glad you got a refund.
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Ha! You got the refund!!!! GOOD job. God, I love t his story so much -- I laughed so hard when you told me last week. Same thing happended to me once right in the store and I just hung it back up and walked out I can imagine that they were wondering what the hell was going on in my change room with all the sounds of grunting and thrashing and such.

Coolness.

:D

So last week I decide to order this dress online - I have a wedding to go to at the end of the month and wanted something new. So I get it home, and its a zip up dress, and instead of waiting for my husband to perhaps come home and help me with it, I decide that I will try it on myself because I just can't wait! So I try it on, can't reach the zipper to do it up. So I decide take it off, zip it up and then try to put it back on, over my head. Well somehow the dress gets stuck at my shoulders, and my arms are completely stuck in this upright position. I couldn't move, I could just stand there and pathetically shimmy around a bit. My husband wasn't due home for another hour, so waiting for him wasn't going to work. Besides, I don't care how comfortable I am with him... I looked like a freaking moron trying to dive out of a dress that was only at my shoulders. Anyways, I keep trying to twist my out of it, I mean I was standing there in that position, for a good fifteen minutes and I believe my arms were starting to go numb... and I do remember my breaths getting shorter as well... but that could have been the anxiousness of being completely stuck in a dress and not quite knowing what to do. Finally I just twisted hard and I heard the worst possible sound I could have heard: "RIIIIP" yep... ripped that dress right from the zipper.

I was going to just fix it myself, and then I figured I could bring it to a seamstress, but I just said: "Ahh screw it!" and I threw it back into the bag, packaged it up, wrote a complaint: "Dress was ripped when it arrived! Fabric looks cheap!" and hoped that they would just give me a refund and not even suspect that an idiot tried to put it on the wrong way.

Today in my email... a letter from the store: "We're sorry the dress didn't work out for you" yea you can say that again! "Your credit card will be refunded... thank you for shopping with us"

Thats my story. Bye now.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

I know, I was trying to avoid the whole shopping experience, but I think I've learned my lesson, I'm going out this weekend to find a new one.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Do NOT get stuck in it, Nev. For the love of god.

:D

i gotta say, I have a couple of tops/dresses wtih side zips and when they're on, they look beautiful as it really gives a nice fit but they are a real PITA to get into and to zip up and get out of but... they really look lovely on almost all figures.

I know, I was trying to avoid the whole shopping experience, but I think I've learned my lesson, I'm going out this weekend to find a new one.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Don't know if anyone got the iphone 4 but their case program began today:

http://www.apple.com...e/case-program/

Whats awesome is there's more than just bumpers, they're just giving away good cases too from incase and belkin.

They better be giving us freebies for all the trouble!!!

Jokes... I actually have had no issues with reception or the 'death grip' but imma get me a free case w00t.

I haven't had any issues, either, but Rochester, being an urban area, is pretty well saturated with AT&T coverage. All the same, if they're giving stuff away, I want one. :P My black bumper should arrive either tomorrow or Monday. Not sure if I'm going to use it yet (I typically carry my iPhone on a horizontal belt clip case, and I use several docks around the house and car that won't work with the phone in a case), but I wasn't going to turn down free Apple stuph.

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Timeline

Sprailenes, you always have the best stories! :lol:

I need to go shopping for something nice but I've been putting it off. I have to be in the right mood to want to go shopping, otherwise it turns into a stressful experience and I get mad at everyone and everything. It's our 1st wedding anniversary next Friday and Bill is taking me "somewhere nice," but won't tell me where. It's hard to dress for an occasion when you don't know where you're going or what you're doing.

I need to go shopping for something nice but I've been putting it off. I have to be in the right mood to want to go shopping, otherwise it turns into a stressful experience and I get mad at everyone and everything. It's our 1st wedding anniversary next Friday and Bill is taking me "somewhere nice," but won't tell me where. It's hard to dress for an occasion when you don't know where you're going or what you're doing.

Wow!! Where did the year go???? Weren't you JUST getting approved for your K-1??? :lol: Happy early congratulations!! I'm sure your dinner will be lovely!

I'm finding it hard to believe that I've almost been living down here a year myself! Will be as of August 18th....

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline
:lol:! It's crazy how time flies!! I passed my one year mark in the US in mid June. In some ways it feels like I've been here forever, and in other ways it doesn't feel like I've been here for over a year already.

Timeline

Wow thats amazing! I forgot its coming up so soon! Pre-congrats!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so we are going to a Birthday party for my SIL this weekend.. they all know I can bake and I am always surprised that they never ask me to bake the cake.. they usually get a store bought cake that has an inch or two of gross tasting icing and sometimes the cake part is good but sometimes not... so this time I asked our niece if they wanted me to bake a cake.... we will see if they say yes or not :P

My SIL's in-laws are the ones planning the party and I have a feeling they will say that they are taking care of the cake.. they like to be seen as the good guys all the time.. well, if they say no, I am just going to bring something along anyways, like maybe brownies :P

I had wanted to plan something last weekend (last Sunday was her actual BD) I had thought of going for a picnic at a local lake here but the hubster vetoed that idea :P, he just wanted to stay home

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

well it looks like it is a no-go on the cake... wouldn't you guys prefer a nice homemade cake over a store bought cake?? :P it isn't like they are getting it from some fancy bakery. it is usually one of those cakes you get from the supermarket

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.