Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

My cousin just moved outside of L.A. to a city called Calabasas. It's still a suburban city, but it is in the foothills, so there are precautions you have to take if you have pets, or small children. My cousin has 2 cats, both of whom were outside cats before the move. My cousin cleared all the brush away from her backyard, and kept her cats indoors during the evening. The two cats were just diagnosed with feline leukemia. Turns out they didn't need to worry so much about mountain lions or coyotes so much as feral cats :angry: I hope they euthenize the feral cats. :angry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My cousin just moved outside of L.A. to a city called Calabasas. It's still a suburban city, but it is in the foothills, so there are precautions you have to take if you have pets, or small children. My cousin has 2 cats, both of whom were outside cats before the move. My cousin cleared all the brush away from her backyard, and kept her cats indoors during the evening. The two cats were just diagnosed with feline leukemia. Turns out they didn't need to worry so much about mountain lions or coyotes so much as feral cats :angry: I hope they euthenize the feral cats. :angry:

OMG thats horrible! Im sorry for your cousin and their kitties :(

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mathew is getting really depressed that he can't find a job. He's applied for over 10 in the last month and hasn't gotten called on any of them. He's very qualified, has all of his degrees, and even held a NATO Security Clearance in Canada. CAE begged him to stay and work for them when he left and now he can't even get a nibble. It just really, really frustrates me that there's nothing I can do to make it better. :(

F you, job market.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

nope, me like "Activated" lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I used the long-winded "I'm applying for entry as a permanent resident with a CR1 visa...." As the officer's eyes glazed over he just took my passport and directed me to secondary. :lol:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

STOP SAYING "ACTIVATED" WHEN YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT GETTING A VISA ENDORSED AT THE POE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/rant

How about processed? Lol I was just thinking how do i say it,.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Just once i'd like to have a normal UNINTERUPTED night of sleep and be able to sleep in on a weekend! :ranting:

i hate my fracking neighbours. its bad enough they wake us up every damn day around 4 am and make a racket til 6am but for FRACK SAKES do you need to do that on a FRACKING Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have not had one night of solid sleep in over a month! :crying:

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Never heard anyone say "Frack" before! :lol: That sucks Kim. Do you live in an apartment? Have you ever considered banging on the walls and yelling like a 4 year old?

I hate cleaning! :angry: Of course my husband would do anything to find a way to not help! He's working on a Saturday... and irrational me is convinced this is because he doesn't want to help :hehe:

Timeline

Never heard anyone say "Frack" before! :lol: That sucks Kim. Do you live in an apartment? Have you ever considered banging on the walls and yelling like a 4 year old?

I hate cleaning! :angry: Of course my husband would do anything to find a way to not help! He's working on a Saturday... and irrational me is convinced this is because he doesn't want to help :hehe:

LOl i watch too much bsg and caprica :P and ya my hubby has banged on the ceiling i've yelled etc. sigh i hate apartments but it was the only place that would take our labradane...and it's a safe area for the most part. i just am not used to noise again after having my own house in canada for 10 years :(

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Seriously newbs, read the guides and the search function is your friend. You don't need to post a new thread for each and every question that pops into your head.

Seriously newbs...... come on now, use your brain.

LOl i watch too much bsg and caprica :P and ya my hubby has banged on the ceiling i've yelled etc. sigh i hate apartments but it was the only place that would take our labradane...and it's a safe area for the most part. i just am not used to noise again after having my own house in canada for 10 years :(

Well, I think it's time for a lesson in roomate/neighbor revenge. Your upstairs neighbors are clearly self-absorbed and don't really care. You state that you've spoken with the apartment manager, and or the people upstairs? If you haven't, here is a very passive aggressive solution. Take the subwoofer to your computer, and duct tape it to the ceiling (below their bedroom). Turn the bass all the way up, and when you go to sleep, play music. You don't have to play it loud for the thumping to be audible through the ceiling. I would make sure that the subwoofer is just below their bedroom too.

Do your apartments have like a screen or security door? If not, here is a good payback. Get the 2 (or 3 litre) bottle of coke, pepsi, or strawberry or grape soda. Open the bottle, and tip it up against the door (into the corner on the side the door opens up from). They will be pleasantly surprised when they go to work the next morning.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.