Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Speaking of dogs and family events....

So yesterday we went to my in-laws to have dinner for my husbands grandfathers birthday. We had left our dog there while we went to Rochester so she was there from Friday night until yesterday when we went over to pick her up and have dinner. We get there and I am very happy to see her, and I pick her up and his grandmother, who never seems to think before she speaks says: "She doesn't want to see you, she wants Mike!" then she says: "That's Michaels baby" (PS: Mike is my husband).

I know it doesn't seem like a huge deal, but I just found it extremely rude. Especially since OUR dog means the world to me and I got her before I met my husband. I got her because her owner, my friend, died of cancer, so she is very special to me.

Every time we're there though, she says something like that about our dog not being mine. It's just this sort of elitist attitude that I don't get at all. Why say anything at all?

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Because so many people speak before thinking and then the worst part is they don't even see where they are wrong. Sorry that she constantly says things like that :(

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

ew. What an arsehole thing to say! I don't think i'd be able to contain my face muscles from sneering at her.

Geez....

Speaking of dogs and family events....

So yesterday we went to my in-laws to have dinner for my husbands grandfathers birthday. We had left our dog there while we went to Rochester so she was there from Friday night until yesterday when we went over to pick her up and have dinner. We get there and I am very happy to see her, and I pick her up and his grandmother, who never seems to think before she speaks says: "She doesn't want to see you, she wants Mike!" then she says: "That's Michaels baby" (PS: Mike is my husband).

I know it doesn't seem like a huge deal, but I just found it extremely rude. Especially since OUR dog means the world to me and I got her before I met my husband. I got her because her owner, my friend, died of cancer, so she is very special to me.

Every time we're there though, she says something like that about our dog not being mine. It's just this sort of elitist attitude that I don't get at all. Why say anything at all?

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Yeah, I'd have definitely pulled a face on that one. lol Hrmmph... does she know the story behind how that came to be YOUR dog?

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Ok a somewhat vent, but funny at the end. I get up this morning at 330am to help my husband get ready for work, make him tuna salad,snacks, a protein shake and coffee. My husband meanwhile gets dressed,packs up his gym clothing and packs his "work" stuff up, during this time he realizes he cannot find his work Vehicle keys and begins to search the usual places and house.He clearly remembers putting them on top of our dogs kennel,and yet they grew legs and walked away. He searches the usual spots and then begins to search the "no frigging way they are here" spots, this goes on for an hour and I join in searching odd places that don't make much sense. We tear the house apart, I am beginning to go insane and he moves on to thinking our son dylan must have moved them so In we go to our sons room and check his toy box, then back in a few minutes later to ask my poor little tired man if he has seen or moved daddys keys. Moments later my son is wide awake and helping with the search, and being amusingly cute with his HMMmmm look. My sons room still gets torn apart, clothing everywhere,toys all over the floor, closet torn apart and yet NO keys. My husband finally gives up with his search and decides he will take my car to work and figure it out later(although he really was driving my insane and this was far too early for this type of brain activity) SO I am sitting on my bed folding clothing and racking my brain and my husband says to our son, If you find daddies keys I will get you a treat.I give up! I am going to finish up in the kitchen as I refuse to search anymore. My husband begins to laugh and comes out of our room with his keys in his hand "they just appeared out of no where!" What! huh? They appeared right here? so I look, "oh, they were under your bag, Hahaha", Oh thats what he meant. He was standing there and dylan said daddy your boots, so he said yes those are my boots. Well My husband had got up this morning grabbed his gym bag and threw it on our dresser then when he went searching he looked inside the bag but he never looked under the bag, when he moved the bag he put his boots right on top of his keys and my son saw them because he was at the right height. So first of all I told my husband that memory can be a tricky thing aNd I said "I told you he didn't touch em". Then we are in the kitchen right before he walks out the door and I say "you better bring dylan back a treat, he did find your keys ya know." So Its 630 now and I am wide awake watching cartoons and laughing at my husband But at 330 in the morning I was frustrated,irritated, angry and thought my husband was a completed butt head. Now I am all good. :)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Yeah, I'd have definitely pulled a face on that one. lol Hrmmph... does she know the story behind how that came to be YOUR dog?

Yea but she doesn't care at all. It's not the first time she's said something to completely offend me.

She's just a very self centered woman. At my wedding she decided to start trying to get some free counseling out of my mother (who she just met) and decided to go and tell my mother her life story for a good 45 minutes. I mean it was MY wedding and she's deciding to stop my mother who was there for me, to talk about her life with her husband - who she constantly complains about but there's a time, a place, and people you choose to do that around. My mother asked me the next day if she was 'touched' :lol:

I talked to my mom on the phone about the dog thing yesterday and she just said: "Look who it's coming from..." she had a point.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Exactly. I would have just been like, whatever. But that stuff really ruins a good moment and I'm sure that none of us are made of iron enough to just let it bounce off.

not me, anyway...

Yea but she doesn't care at all. It's not the first time she's said something to completely offend me.

She's just a very self centered woman. At my wedding she decided to start trying to get some free counseling out of my mother (who she just met) and decided to go and tell my mother her life story for a good 45 minutes. I mean it was MY wedding and she's deciding to stop my mother who was there for me, to talk about her life with her husband - who she constantly complains about but there's a time, a place, and people you choose to do that around. My mother asked me the next day if she was 'touched' :lol:

I talked to my mom on the phone about the dog thing yesterday and she just said: "Look who it's coming from..." she had a point.

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

I had a cereal binge. I ate too much cereal and now I'm all bloated and full. Damn you, maple syrup mini wheats, DAMN YOOOOOUUUUUU!!! *shakes fist*

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh...One of my stupid family members that I never ever speak to freaked out on me on facebook today because I posted last night saying that my dog was terrified of the fireworks being shot. Apparently these were the people shooting them and she took it like I was attacking her. She's so stupid, I refused to even fight with her. But seriously, if you're out at 11 at night in the middle of September(when it's 50 degrees outside during the night), someone is probably going to get pissed that you're shooting a boatload of fireworks off. :angry: She kept saying that once I had kids I'd understand that you'd do things to make them happy, but that wasn't the issue. The issue was that it was 11pm on a weekday(you know, people gotta work the next day!), and that they were shooting the insanely loud kind for about 45 minutes. My dog almost ripped his doghouse to shreds and I'm supposed to feel like a bad person? Rightttt. Tards. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Funny, my parents never felt the need to piss other people off by setting off loud fireworks on a day that doesnt really matter to make us happy. (actually they never set of fireworks for us but I don't care, I hate the people who do that here too)

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Whats with people, who call themselves "friends", that like to ask you stupid questions about your immigration that result in you worrying for nothing? "What if someone steals your mail and you don't get your appointment letter?" "What if you go to POE and they are closed until an hour to the flight like last time?"

THANKS a$$hats, because I need more to worry about. :angry: Why can't people say nice things like "I'm sure you two will live happily ever after in the bo-dunk countryside of GA." ?? Do they think that their 'what can go wrong' comments are somehow supposed to help me? Do they think that they're being funny? Grrr.

[img]http://davf.daisypath.com/bOLvm4.png[/img]

31.03.2010- I129F Filed (K1/K2)
02.09.2010- Interview - VAN - [color="#8B0000"][b]APPROVED!![/b][/color]
18.09.2010- POE Edmonton-Atlanta
01.10.2010- Civil Wedding in GA! <3
04.29.2011- AOS Filed (K1/K2)
09.19.2011- EAD Approved
10.24.2011- AOS - ATL Interview -[color="#8B0000"][b]APPROVED!![/b][/color]
11.02.2011- Green Cards for us!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Funny, my parents never felt the need to piss other people off by setting off loud fireworks on a day that doesnt really matter to make us happy. (actually they never set of fireworks for us but I don't care, I hate the people who do that here too)

I know! I was like ####### it's the middle of September and who celebrates Labor Day anyway? I mean, I'm not even sure what it's for other than a day off work for state employees. Absolutely no reason for it but according to her I'm an awful person for trying to ruin their fun. :rolleyes:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I know! I was like ####### it's the middle of September and who celebrates Labor Day anyway? I mean, I'm not even sure what it's for other than a day off work for state employees. Absolutely no reason for it but according to her I'm an awful person for trying to ruin their fun. :rolleyes:

Do you really need an excuse to set off fireworks? :innocent:

Wow. Gotta love that life lesson. 'Yes kids, you can do whatever the hell you want with complete disregard and disrespect for all other people, simply because you should do what makes YOU happy and no one else'.

Seriously world... create breeding standards and testing requirements for humans... JUST DO IT ALREADY.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.