Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

Its not literal... I'm at work, do you honestly expect me to add drool to the thing too? Sheesh! I'm supposed to be busy here. :P

Yes. And I can tell you are REALLY busy at work! laughing.gif

Unless your job is photoshopping turkey posters for clients. In that case, it is one heck of a coincidence. unsure.gif

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am SO gonna go and see this!!! Those mother-bleeping- turkeys!!!

bleeping hate them!!!

:D

Don't be jealous of my mad paint skillz either.... cuz I know you are!!

you okay there, Flames????

;)

Ge the gimp!!!!

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Does anyone have any experience with getting a job through a placement agency?

My husband is currently going through a placement agency for his job, and was told they're hiring on through the actual company now. Since he's trained, doing a GREAT job (as he's been told by SEVERAL colleagues), and THEY told him to apply for it, I thought that it was just a paperwork formality but apparently not. They've actually posted his job on their website and are accepting applications and interviewing other people off the street. So he's pooled in with all these random stupid ppl who've applied for the job he's doing NOW. The worst part is that the people doing the hiring aren't even the people he works with, who KNOW what a great job he's been doing. They're off somewhere at a different office out of the country! He already had to go through an extensive interview and background check just to get this job in the first place. None of his current HR people warned him that this would be the case either, so he just had a formal interview that he wasn't even prepared for (he thought it was just a casual video conference to discuss things with the other office).

I've never had a job through a placement agency before, and neither has he. Is this process normal? We're both actually really upset by this (hence this being in the vent thread). I still haven't been able to find a job (and still don't have AOS approved, due to their medical issue), so if he becomes unemployed AGAIN, I'm not sure what we'll do at this point....

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

I am SO gonna go and see this!!! Those mother-bleeping- turkeys!!!

bleeping hate them!!!

:D

you okay there, Flames????

;)

lol, Samual L Jackson, john Travolta--Pulp Fiction!! ya, not sure where i was going,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone have any experience with getting a job through a placement agency?

My husband is currently going through a placement agency for his job, and was told they're hiring on through the actual company now. Since he's trained, doing a GREAT job (as he's been told by SEVERAL colleagues), and THEY told him to apply for it, I thought that it was just a paperwork formality but apparently not. They've actually posted his job on their website and are accepting applications and interviewing other people off the street. So he's pooled in with all these random stupid ppl who've applied for the job he's doing NOW. The worst part is that the people doing the hiring aren't even the people he works with, who KNOW what a great job he's been doing. They're off somewhere at a different office out of the country! He already had to go through an extensive interview and background check just to get this job in the first place. None of his current HR people warned him that this would be the case either, so he just had a formal interview that he wasn't even prepared for (he thought it was just a casual video conference to discuss things with the other office).

I've never had a job through a placement agency before, and neither has he. Is this process normal? We're both actually really upset by this (hence this being in the vent thread). I still haven't been able to find a job (and still don't have AOS approved, due to their medical issue), so if he becomes unemployed AGAIN, I'm not sure what we'll do at this point....

"Pooled in with all these random stupid people"... :lol:

Maybe they're looking for someone with the most experience and they don't want to overlook any options.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

"Pooled in with all these random stupid people"... :lol:

Maybe they're looking for someone with the most experience and they don't want to overlook any options.

Ya know, I'd maybe buy that if they hadn't already interviewed him when he got the job. The company interviewed him initially as well as the placement agency interviewing him. He GOT the job. He's WORKING the job!! And he's been told repeatedly he's doing awesome at it. So to find someone with the most experience and it NOT be him, is f'ing ridiculous.

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Timeline

I believe in some cases----if that company hires him outright--they know owe that placement company $$$$$$$$. So it may be cheaper for them to just hire someone else!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Ha! Okay, I got it now! When I first read it I was like, geez, did poor flames have a stroke or something!

;)

lol, Samual L Jackson, john Travolta--Pulp Fiction!! ya, not sure where i was going,lol

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

I believe in some cases----if that company hires him outright--they know owe that placement company $$$$$$$$. So it may be cheaper for them to just hire someone else!

The company has already hired THREE people from the very same placement agency that he went through. So I know that's not the case either. :(

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Timeline

That really does suck, not sure how placement agencies work.

Maybe they have to post the job. I know when I worked in Canada all the positions where advertised internally first and then they posted it for all to apply. The thing was it always went to someone internal.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

That really does suck, not sure how placement agencies work.

Maybe they have to post the job. I know when I worked in Canada all the positions where advertised internally first and then they posted it for all to apply. The thing was it always went to someone internal.

That's a good point.. I've heard of that happening as well. This one they posted publicly on their website though, before even interviewing him or deciding if he was right for the job, so right off the bat he's in competition with outsiders.

I shouldn't entirely be surprised. The guy he replaced was completely unaware that they were going behind his back to recruit for his position... which I think is why it initially went through a placement agency, but I don't know.

Someone really needs to do something about California's labour laws that allow companies to randomly fire employees without warning or reason.

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Timeline

well i know the last time i dealt with a placement agency, mind you this was in Canada still, they basically took money off your pay, or your employer did as they had to pay the placement agency for getting you hired. This lasted for a specific period of time. Not sure if that is how it works down here.

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.