Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The problem with those devices is that it will not deter a clever dog. Those devices are triggered by a sound. Mel had a dog that they bought that for and he actually figured out how to bark in a certain tone that would not set off the collar.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had the collar that made a noise for my dog, it made her bark more every time it went off.

So I bought the one with citronella instead.... she wasn't too happy with me and decided it was a good time to poop in my sneakers.

She's a papillon, they're a vengeful breed.

When we moved to our last place, she was stressed out for a month. She hasn't really been stressed at all at our new home at all. I think it's because all the furniture is there its just a new place, she was weirded out at first but the barking isn't as bad as it was at our other place.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

For the last week there has been a wierd smell in our room. I describe it as kind of sweet, kind of electrical. It has been driving me NUTS. I've literally unplugged every piece of electronics in our room trying to figure out what could be causing it, cleaned the room top to bottom, repainted a shelf to make sure it wasnt the wood that was making the smell, all to no avail. I have been getting headaches and feeling dizzy. I think I've finally pinpointed the smell to the electrical socket behind our bed. The smell is the strongest back there, but only noticable every now and then. It feels like theres a breeze coming from that socket, which is wierd to me because its not to an outside wall, its a joint wall to our neighboring apartment. I can't tell if its a problem with electrical in that socket (i've unplugged everything from it....was tempted to cover it with tape to make the smell stop coming in) or if something has died in the wall....or if the neighbors are doing stupid things next door, but its driving me MENTAL. I feel so sick, so tired, like I have a migrane, but I can't sleep because if I lay down I smell that smell. I've literally been in tears cuz I just want to leave this apartment, just get out and not come back. The maintenance guy is out till this afternoon but hes suppose to be coming by to look at it. I'm kind of concerned about what he's going to find out, but I want this smell gone so I can have a good sleep!

Oh the worst part about all this? Wes can't smell it. Makes me feel like I'm crazy.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

so i'm upset and not sure what to do about it. my two dogs. lex and brego. normally are the nicest dogs. brego is the biggest baby he is a lab mix. lex is my saluki and is a bit nervous and cautious but is not a mean dog either. Ever since we moved out of davids parents house and into an apartment my dogs have not been nice with the neighbours.

lex barks at every noise and every person. at his discretion, some ppl he ignores but mostly he barks. this is bad since my apartment is one the front of the building next to the entrance, and the parking lot. so there is alot of traffic. we've started using a spray bottle on him everytime he does the bad barkies. but even though he hates the bottle, he does it again..looks at me..and he knows full well he is in the wrong.

brego, usually doesn't bark at all, but has now a couple of times growled, today he scared the heck out of a neighbour and i felt so bad. normally he just wants to lick and be pet and play.

both my dogs have always lived in a house, with either no neighbours, or a big back yard with lots of squirrles. I'm not sure what to do to get them accustomed to this place. i'm afraid ppl are going to think we have mean dogs and we will have to muzzle them etc.

Animals react to change in different ways. Moving from a house into a smaller apartment is probably adding to the stresses, especially if they can't 'see' outside the same way as they used to be able to. They are 'hearing' things without being able to deal with them the way they used to, so they are barking or growling. Something you can definitely try is D.A.P. - it is an air diffuser that contains a liquid pheromone that mimics the scent put out by a nursing mother dog so calms and reassures dogs. It is odorless for people and is said to address a lot of behaviour issues. I know it is available on line at places like Amazon and ComfortZone but in an emergency you can probably pick it up (and pay a lot more for it) at PetSmart or similar pet supply stores. Here is a link to some more information about it: http://www.dog-first-aid-101.com/dog-appeasing-pheromones.html

I use the version for cats and find it very effective. Good luck. Once they get used to the differences in the places, hopefully they will return to their quieter, calmer selves.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I've just had the greatest luck the last month, first with my landlord, and now with my car. It appears that the ABS and traction control module on my car is going out. Calling around, the dealer wants almost $2,000 to replace it, and the other two shops that I called want between $1,500 and $1,700. It's a $100 part FFS. So, I spent the balance of last night reading manuals and installation websites. I used to really love my car, but in light of recent events (beyond it's maintenance) it really has been an albatross around my neck. Sigh.

Car problems really suck!

Varba's car won't start anymore. He got home yesterday, and on our street it started making a strange noise and now it won't start... Time for a new car I guess. His is pretty old and I'm getting tired of him putting 1 - 2k in it every year just so it passes inspection.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

My inlaws have 2 beagles and in their old age have gotten really yappy. Their neighbors in Tampa rightfully complained, what they ended up doing was bought this collar from amazan that sprays citronella when they bark! Much better than being shocked! After awhile they didnt even need to put any citronella in the device, just having the collar one, was enough

http://www.amazon.co...78963637&sr=8-5

Thanks flames..i've been reading reviews of those..i just hope lex is not the stubbord type..lol cuz with the water bottle he is definately stubborn.

I saw on TV once that lavender helps calms dogs.You would spray it on the dog beds and stuff just not tons of it but it could be worth a try.

They may need some time to adjust to the move, how long has it been? Also are they indoors or left alone alot more then they are used too. A little more exercise may help.

I know when I lived in a town house I would leave the TV on when our dog was home alone to help hide the noise from the neighbours. I'm not found of spraying citronella near the dogs nose, but I have heard if it working. There is also a vibrating collar that would vibrate when you have bad behaviour if your like me and don't want the citronella.

Hope things get better for you soon, its frustrating seeing our pets acting out.

Sunday we went out for an hour to go watch true blood at my sister in laws, and we left the radio on thought it would help. Guess what? big big tstorm..and lex is scared poopless of those..needless to say we had to leave for fear hed freakout at the apartkment. :(

I had the collar that made a noise for my dog, it made her bark more every time it went off.

So I bought the one with citronella instead.... she wasn't too happy with me and decided it was a good time to poop in my sneakers.

She's a papillon, they're a vengeful breed.

When we moved to our last place, she was stressed out for a month. She hasn't really been stressed at all at our new home at all. I think it's because all the furniture is there its just a new place, she was weirded out at first but the barking isn't as bad as it was at our other place.

"Im hoping it will pass in a couple weeks. we've only lived here since July 1st so its still early. unfotuneately i can't help with the loose cats and the skunks and squirrels..he jumps about as high as my height 5'4 and freaks out barks yips whines..and the BLOODY squirrels tease him..they come up to our patio window and go nanny nanny boo boo i can see you but you can't eat me!! ..stupid squirrels..lol

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Car problems really suck!

Varba's car won't start anymore. He got home yesterday, and on our street it started making a strange noise and now it won't start... Time for a new car I guess. His is pretty old and I'm getting tired of him putting 1 - 2k in it every year just so it passes inspection.

That there is exactly the boat we are in. Can't wait to get a freaking job. so we have breathing room and don't have to worry about him walking to work for 2 hours. we start the car and it sputters and takes 3 tries now to start. we just do not have the money to keep fixing it. i'm actually scared of the damn car now.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Animals react to change in different ways. Moving from a house into a smaller apartment is probably adding to the stresses, especially if they can't 'see' outside the same way as they used to be able to. They are 'hearing' things without being able to deal with them the way they used to, so they are barking or growling. Something you can definitely try is D.A.P. - it is an air diffuser that contains a liquid pheromone that mimics the scent put out by a nursing mother dog so calms and reassures dogs. It is odorless for people and is said to address a lot of behaviour issues. I know it is available on line at places like Amazon and ComfortZone but in an emergency you can probably pick it up (and pay a lot more for it) at PetSmart or similar pet supply stores. Here is a link to some more information about it: http://www.dog-first...pheromones.html

I use the version for cats and find it very effective. Good luck. Once they get used to the differences in the places, hopefully they will return to their quieter, calmer selves.

hmm that one sounds interesting...think i'm a check up on that and show it to David. I really want a safe harmless solution for Lex..i refuse to use shock collars.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

"Im hoping it will pass in a couple weeks. we've only lived here since July 1st so its still early. unfotuneately i can't help with the loose cats and the skunks and squirrels..he jumps about as high as my height 5'4 and freaks out barks yips whines..and the BLOODY squirrels tease him..they come up to our patio window and go nanny nanny boo boo i can see you but you can't eat me!! ..stupid squirrels..lol

Another suggestion :yes: . I had problems with outside cats coming nose to nose with our cats at the windowed back door and causing all sorts of problems inside. For a while I taped a piece of bristolboard over the lower half of the door which really didn't look very nice, although it did the job. I then discovered this semi-transparent window film that adds opaqueness to the windows so that light comes through but you can't really distinguish the forms on the other side. I now have the lower half window panes on the door covered with this inexpensive film that makes the panes look like frosted glass. It is removable, easy to install and comes complete with everything you need. It also looks quite nice - it does NOT look like a film, but like actual frosted glass. It may provide you with the solution you're looking for because the dogs will no longer be able to see the squirrels going nanny nanny boo boo on the other side any more :D. Here is the link: http://www.collectio....aspx/_/N-ii00l

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Another suggestion :yes: . I had problems with outside cats coming nose to nose with our cats at the windowed back door and causing all sorts of problems inside. For a while I taped a piece of bristolboard over the lower half of the door which really didn't look very nice, although it did the job. I then discovered this semi-transparent window film that adds opaqueness to the windows so that light comes through but you can't really distinguish the forms on the other side. I now have the lower half window panes on the door covered with this inexpensive film that makes the panes look like frosted glass. It is removable, easy to install and comes complete with everything you need. It also looks quite nice - it does NOT look like a film, but like actual frosted glass. It may provide you with the solution you're looking for because the dogs will no longer be able to see the squirrels going nanny nanny boo boo on the other side any more :D. Here is the link: http://www.collectio....aspx/_/N-ii00l

Ohhhh i like those! i kinda keep my blinds closed most of the day cuz i dont like people being nosy LOL. I think that would be fantastic for the patio doors! Kathryn you are awesome with ideas!! Thanks!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Ohhhh i like those! i kinda keep my blinds closed most of the day cuz i dont like people being nosy LOL. I think that would be fantastic for the patio doors! Kathryn you are awesome with ideas!! Thanks!

We bought something similar at Home Depot for our lower bathroom windows. Works really well. :)

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

ok so i bought what i thought was honey today. came in a little bear bottle. well guess what..it's NOT HONEY...its HFCS with a touch of honey!!!! ####### is that #######! lol.

when i buy a bear bottle i want honey..not this sh!te!! lol. Ohhh Canada..how i miss thee lately.

HWDWm6.png

ok so i bought what i thought was honey today. came in a little bear bottle. well guess what..it's NOT HONEY...its HFCS with a touch of honey!!!! ####### is that #######! lol.

when i buy a bear bottle i want honey..not this sh!te!! lol. Ohhh Canada..how i miss thee lately.

Those are called "Honey Sauce". I am surprised there was a little honey in it. Most of the times it is just HCFS, food coloring, and honey flavor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.