Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Last week we were sitting in bed watching tv and the fan started to turn on and off and on and off. So I went and unplugged it. Then the night before last my dog started growling and we both woke up and the door to our bedroom opened up. Then yesterday I was sitting in our living room and the kitchen light flicked on, I turned it off, it went on again so I figured someone needed that light on and let it go.

Its stuff that happened all within a week - nothing previous to that and no 'weird feelings' so I told him it's probably just a visitor and not here to stay. Besides the people before us lived there before us for 15 years since the place was built, I just think we're fine.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Last week we were sitting in bed watching tv and the fan started to turn on and off and on and off. So I went and unplugged it. Then the night before last my dog started growling and we both woke up and the door to our bedroom opened up. Then yesterday I was sitting in our living room and the kitchen light flicked on, I turned it off, it went on again so I figured someone needed that light on and let it go.

Its stuff that happened all within a week - nothing previous to that and no 'weird feelings' so I told him it's probably just a visitor and not here to stay. Besides the people before us lived there before us for 15 years since the place was built, I just think we're fine.

Ooooo that's interesting.

Timeline

I'm afraid of spiders and zombies. :)

Yea it's just funny because he makes fun of me for being afraid of spiders and bugs and I make fun of him for being afraid of ghosts. :P

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Rob and Mel? is that you? IS IT? Don't mess with my head like this! If it's you,why the name change? Wuz up?

If not then heeeey theeeere new person, yes zombie spiders would be terrifying.

:D

But what about zombie spiders? :jest:

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Getting frustrated trying to make a resume :wacko:

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Timeline

Ugh. I hate writing resumes. What I hate even more is modifying them to suit the job you're applying for. That and the covering letter. <_<

So I spent some time in the fitness centre this morning then jumped in the shower. In the midst of it.... while I was nice and sudsy..... the water went off. :blink: So after trying to fix it (like I could <_< ) I called the front desk..... all shivery and wet. And sudsy. <_< They told me it was just going to be off for a little bit and they would call me when it came back on. So I turned off the AC and sat there shivering until I got the all clear. So I'm just out of the shower when the phone rings. I answer it all wet and shivery again, and the guy says there's a do-not-disturb sign on my door and housekeeping wants to know if I want my room cleaned. I told him I was a little bit delayed by the lack of water <_< and I will be out of there in 10 mins. Sheesh. Glad to be checking into a new hotel tomorrow.

iagree.gif

Timeline

I'm not even thinking of a cover letter yet, I just can't figure out what to put on it to make it look decent. It would help if I had more work experience or at least somewhat recent.

No fun when water shuts off in the middle of your shower.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Ah Krikit that sucks! I can only imagine how inconvenient living in a hotel must be... Limited space, noisy neighbors, people constantly bothering you... Not to mention expensive!

Making a resume is no fun at all. The cover letter is even worse!

It's funny (kind of) that quite a few of us seem to be writing or updating resumes. We should start a 'resume tips' thread. lol

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

so i'm upset and not sure what to do about it. my two dogs. lex and brego. normally are the nicest dogs. brego is the biggest baby he is a lab mix. lex is my saluki and is a bit nervous and cautious but is not a mean dog either. Ever since we moved out of davids parents house and into an apartment my dogs have not been nice with the neighbours.

lex barks at every noise and every person. at his discretion, some ppl he ignores but mostly he barks. this is bad since my apartment is one the front of the building next to the entrance, and the parking lot. so there is alot of traffic. we've started using a spray bottle on him everytime he does the bad barkies. but even though he hates the bottle, he does it again..looks at me..and he knows full well he is in the wrong.

brego, usually doesn't bark at all, but has now a couple of times growled, today he scared the heck out of a neighbour and i felt so bad. normally he just wants to lick and be pet and play.

both my dogs have always lived in a house, with either no neighbours, or a big back yard with lots of squirrles. I'm not sure what to do to get them accustomed to this place. i'm afraid ppl are going to think we have mean dogs and we will have to muzzle them etc.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

My inlaws have 2 beagles and in their old age have gotten really yappy. Their neighbors in Tampa rightfully complained, what they ended up doing was bought this collar from amazan that sprays citronella when they bark! Much better than being shocked! After awhile they didnt even need to put any citronella in the device, just having the collar one, was enough

http://www.amazon.com/Innotek-Anti-Bark-Spray-Collar-Citronella/dp/B000H3VAQ8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1278963637&sr=8-5

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I saw on TV once that lavender helps calms dogs.You would spray it on the dog beds and stuff just not tons of it but it could be worth a try.

They may need some time to adjust to the move, how long has it been? Also are they indoors or left alone alot more then they are used too. A little more exercise may help.

I know when I lived in a town house I would leave the TV on when our dog was home alone to help hide the noise from the neighbours. I'm not found of spraying citronella near the dogs nose, but I have heard if it working. There is also a vibrating collar that would vibrate when you have bad behaviour if your like me and don't want the citronella.

Hope things get better for you soon, its frustrating seeing our pets acting out.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.