Amy

129f- Question -- Highlights?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone, my hubby to be and i have been lurking here for the past few weeks, ever since he proposed. i spent 2 hours at the copy machine trying to make sense of all our documentations, and i have a quick, maybe stupid :blush: question. would it be advisable to highlight dates and phone numbers and stuff? i don't recall coming across this in my research here at visajourney. also, i notice that boarding passes don't have a year on them. would this be a problem?

if we're lucky, i *may* be able to send it out this friday. yes!!

thanks in advance for your help.

amy

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's not necessary to highlight these things, the people looking through your application are used to looking for the significant dates etc

Just send the boarding passes anyway and good luck

Just one thing though....it says you are doing K1 but you mention your hubby! Is that just a turn of phrase or are you married, c'os if you are it's the K3 you should be doing

Edited by Bobkatz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
It's not necessary to highlight these things, the people looking through your application are used to looking for the significant dates etc

Just one thing though....it says you are doing K1 but you mention your hubby! Is that just a turn of phrase or are you married, c'os if you are it's the K3 you should be doing

I think she said "hubby-to-be". I had the same impression you did, though...

There's no need to highlight anything in the forms. What else do you have to send them as proof of having met?

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

hubby-to-be!! no longer mere boyfriend!

and i just want to confirm i send the copies and bring the originals to the big interview.

thanks for your speedy reply! i'm glad i'm not the one trying to make sense of all the stuff!

There's no need to highlight anything in the forms. What else do you have to send them as proof of having met?

ohhh, gosh! many flights between the both of us(at least 7 a year!), a couple planned vacations together, phone records, cancelled postage stamps on envelopes, emails dating back to 2001. a shoebox full of photos, but they're only getting 4. an engagement ring receipt--not the most romantic disclosure, but i squinted as to not look at the price.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

hubby-to-be!! no longer mere boyfriend!

and i just want to confirm i send the copies and bring the originals to the big interview.

thanks for your speedy reply! i'm glad i'm not the one trying to make sense of all the stuff!

ohhh, gosh! many flights between the both of us(at least 7 a year!), a couple planned vacations together, phone records, cancelled postage stamps on envelopes, emails dating back to 2001. a shoebox full of photos, but they're only getting 4. an engagement ring receipt--not the most romantic disclosure, but i squinted as to not look at the price.

You are all good on evidence I think :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Alright. At this point, you might want to focus on having met within the past 2 years. So, you might want to include copies of visa stamps on passports that would go with the tickets. Some people will say that you can send evidence of ongoing relationship, so it's really up to you. E-mails and stamps and envelopes are proof of communication (and of having a relationship) not of having met.

Also, as for the pictures of you guys together, date them on the back. Yesterday there was a VJ who posted they got an RFE for pictures with dates on them.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

No need to highlight but if you feel that it may assist an adjudicator in any way then do it. It sure wouldnt hurt any.

Tip:

Use Q18 to describe in some detail of how you met in the required 2 year period that established the relationship. Then the evidence you submit should support those details. Boarding passes, passport stamps, hotel/credit card receipts, rental receipts if ever lived together etc etc are primary evidence. Photos are secondary which support the primary evidence. What you should be aiming for is creating an image in the minds eye of the adjudicator. Look outside the box for evidence that shows you both in the same place at the same time. Each case is different and you should submit evidence accordingly, not just rely on the standard unofficial list.

Whilst evidence of an ongoing relationship is not a requirement at the initial filing stage, it can be beneficial to those from high fraud countries to do so or if there is anything that could be a red flag that may cause issues at interview stage. This evidence should be very carefully scrutinised especially emails and chat, to make sure there is nothing mentioned that may be construed in a different way then it is meant.

I wish you the very best on your journey and welcome to VJ

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

thanks, mew! i'm also going to submit copies of my passport stamps. not only do we have documentation of a couple planned trips together, we have invitations, travel plans and photos attending a couple weddings within the past two years too. i agree with you, i'm not all that certain i need to provide the emails and cancelled postage especially, but i'm gonna put some in anyway. i picked photos that i can easily date.

i really appreciate everyone's generosity.

thanks, mew! i'm also going to submit copies of my passport stamps. not only do we have documentation of a couple planned trips together, we have invitations, travel plans and photos attending a couple weddings within the past two years too. i agree with you, i'm not all that certain i need to provide the emails and cancelled postage especially, but i'm gonna put some in anyway. i picked photos that i can easily date.

i really appreciate everyone's generosity.

You have ample evidence to show the meeting requirement. Now just pick the strongest evidence that shows a complete picture. There is also no point in overdoing it as this just adds to the time it will take to adjudicate. eg. The evidence of the wedding invites in both your names, passport stamps & boarding passes to these events plus a couple of photos from the event.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I highlighted several things that supported how we met in the required 2 year period to establish the relationship. I would not make any assumptions that the people going through the application can find what they need - we have seen several people get RFEs for documentation they SWEAR they included in their initial application. Why take chances? Make it as clear and as easy as possible for the adjudicator or whatever they're called.

Timeline

thanks a lot aussie and kitkat! i feel pretty overwhelmed by all the stuff we have, i guess the least i can do is try to streamline it all to make it easier for whoever the person is who's gonna review it. really great pointers and help. i'm glad i overcame my shyness. :)

I think I read about someone putting post-it notes on the papers to point out things, but those can fall off, leaving the adjudicator really confused when he finds random post-its in the envelope. So I think highlighting would be the best way to go, if you feel important things need to be highlighted. But yes, send photocopies now, and originals are for the interview. This should be obvious but when we're nervous we accidentially do things sometimes :lol: so I just wanted to point out - make sure you highlight the photocopies that you're sending to the service center, not the originals. :thumbs:

Edited by aselano

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.