bridget and alen

Doesn't Anyone Have Good News About Their AP

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I actually got some news..not great news but not bad news either... They returned all of our evidence and stated that they didnt need any additional evidence from us.Until now we have been "case is pending review by a co the letter says that our case is now undergoing Additional Processing. IMO the good thing is that they know they cant deny us a visa at this point else they would have already with some ficticious reason, they will likely be calling our friends and relatives and neighbors in the coming month to try one last attempt to screw us over.... after that they will issue the visa... likely in the next month or two...

So from the letter we know we are only at a consular level AP and that the case has been 'touched' in the past week... and we know(from the experiences of others) to expect some phone calls...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I actually got some news..not great news but not bad news either... They returned all of our evidence and stated that they didnt need any additional evidence from us.Until now we have been "case is pending review by a co the letter says that our case is now undergoing Additional Processing. IMO the good thing is that they know they cant deny us a visa at this point else they would have already with some ficticious reason, they will likely be calling our friends and relatives and neighbors in the coming month to try one last attempt to screw us over.... after that they will issue the visa... likely in the next month or two...

So from the letter we know we are only at a consular level AP and that the case has been 'touched' in the past week... and we know(from the experiences of others) to expect some phone calls...

well our has been at additional processing at the embassey level in sweden for 6 months now.they told us we were approved but under ap.Form our liason at the congressmans office e no they havent done our security checks yet .I dunno wth they are doing.lol ...torturing us i think.

bridget

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

That sounds promising. I hope you get good news soon. And, I hope I get good news as well! : )

J1 Waiver: April 24, 2009 -- October 1, 2009
K1: October 6, 2009 -- April 29, 2010
AP: April 29, 2010 -- July 28, 2010
Visa: August 03, 2010
POE: August 19, 2010
AOS: September 13, 2010 -- November 10, 2010
Received GreenCard: November 17, 2010

ROC: Mailed packet: 8/10/2012
NOA1: 8/14/2012
Check Cashed: 8/16/2012
Biometrics Appt: 9/10/2012
RFE: 4/08/2013. Request to RFE sent: 4/19/2013
GC Approval Letter Received: 5/03/2013
GC Received: 00/00/00

event.png

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

my wife called the delhi embassy and guess what they answered telephone this time and gave her good news that they already mailed her a letter to send her passport. they say they sent the letter on 25th may. but my wife has not got it yet. but the lady said she could take her passport to vfs office without letter and tell them that she called the embassy and they said to submit the passport at vfs office.. any body know if they will take passport without letter? or should she directly go to new delhi embassy to submit the passport. will they let her in at the embassy? hey zaib did they mail u a letter too? and i am pretty sure they asked for the passport to stamp her visa. she had her field investigation 2 weeks back. i hope ap ends for everybody soon. good luck and God Bless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Mmmmmmmm I am not sure if this is good news or not, time will tell I called DOS today and was told that our case is still under AP but the good news is that the Embassy started working on the case case the day they got it back from NVC. Okay thats the news I got but I did come research and found out that if a year passes after the security checks they have to do an update which can take 4-6 weeks so that means we are at week 3 also i was explaining to the lady at DOS that I have to buy my ticket for Ukraine on thursday she said good call us before you buy it. Gosh I dont know what to do? Should I go or wait and see what happens I can go in September if I dont go now and if he doesnt make it here. She also asked me if I could delay my vacation for a few weeks mmmmmm I wonder if she can see something she isnt telling me. By the way it was Sara she is so nice. Help what should I do.

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Mmmmmmmm I am not sure if this is good news or not, time will tell I called DOS today and was told that our case is still under AP but the good news is that the Embassy started working on the case case the day they got it back from NVC. Okay thats the news I got but I did come research and found out that if a year passes after the security checks they have to do an update which can take 4-6 weeks so that means we are at week 3 also i was explaining to the lady at DOS that I have to buy my ticket for Ukraine on thursday she said good call us before you buy it. Gosh I dont know what to do? Should I go or wait and see what happens I can go in September if I dont go now and if he doesnt make it here. She also asked me if I could delay my vacation for a few weeks mmmmmm I wonder if she can see something she isnt telling me. By the way it was Sara she is so nice. Help what should I do.

Wow ,maybe she sees something she couldnt tell you.Hope it is great news for yall soon...

bridget

Timeline

My spouse got his visa after 4 months of AP

Congrats..

:time:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

I wouldnt be surprised if they schedule you a new interview soon...good.gif

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

the only good news that I have is that my hair stylist recommended me to buy this new <very expensive> shampoo and conditioner from Kevin Murphy and WOW I love it... I have long hair.. all the way to the end of my spine.. and I was having some issues with dryness.. the water in India didnt like me and sucked all the moisture out of my hair :D But now.. I am silky smooth again .... umm I guess you were wanting an AP update and I ant got one... some ol sh!t different day

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

I remember Sarah when I was going through this ... she is awesome!! I feel she was telling you as much as she possibly could and if possible YOU SHOULD WAIT!!!

Good luck and I hope you hear soon!!!!

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got my good news yesterday. I'll be hoping that you'll get yours soon! I called last week and was told that I was still in AP. My visa was approved on the 13th, 5 working days after I submitted the lacking document.

Good luck!

K-1 TIMELINE

2-12-10: I-129F arrived at CSC

2-16-10: NOA1 issued

2-20-10: NOA1 hard copy received

4-5-10: NOA2 issued

4-9-10: NOA2 hard copy received

4-26-10: Embassy sent Toni a letter

6-9 & 11-10: Medical at SLMEC - PASSED!

7-1-10: Interview - BLUE

7-6-10: Submitted additional evidence of current sustained income (paychecks)

7-13-10: Visa Approved! (FINALLY!!!)

7-19-10: Visa Issued!

7-21-10: VISA IN HAND! (Thank God! The wait is finally over.)

8-26-10: POE: LAX

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

4-1-11: AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

5-2-11: NOA issued for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: NOA hard copy received for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: Biometrics appointment letter received

5-20-11: AOS Package was transferred to CSC

5-26-11: Biometrics appointment

5-26-11: EAD approved (that was faaaaaaasst!)

10-3-11: AOS finally approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.