W.C.

K1 Visa Packet 3

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

Can someone tell me the exact contents in Packet 3? I know there is a generic 4-page document that includes a checklist and information on scheduling a medical exam, but that document can easily be downloaded online and faxed back to the consulate. So is there anything else in Packet 3 that I absolutely must have in order to continue with the application? (such as a letter addressed specifically for the beneficiary to bring to medical exams or to the interview etc) I'm asking because I'm planning to move, and won't have access to my mailbox, should the consulate send Packet 3 to my current address.

I am in Vancouver BC, so if anyone's received a packet 3 from the Vancouver Consulate recently, I'd really appreciate your help on this!

Thanks a million~ :)

Ok so get them to send it to the address that you are at now. Packet 3 that is sent to you from the Vancouver consulate is just a letter that gives you the link to the online checklist and forms. The checklist is all you have to go by.

Once you have finished the forms and checklist then fax it back to the consulate and they will send you your interview letter (packet 4)

This is the letter you must take to your medical and interview.

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

not a prob!

good luck with everything! :thumbs:

Sorry one more question!

If we need the Packet 4 interview letter to take to the medical exam, how do you know when to schedule the exam when you first received your packet 3? What if your scheduled exam date rolls around before packet 4 arrives in the mail?

Ok do you live in Vancouver or close to it? If so then you can bring your packet 3 letter to the medical if you want to get that done way before the interview. I do not live in BC so I scheduled my medical after I received my interview date.

Ok do you live in Vancouver or close to it? If so then you can bring your packet 3 letter to the medical if you want to get that done way before the interview. I do not live in BC so I scheduled my medical after I received my interview date.

Oh, so packet 3 does contain the letter with the case number? Darn... I thought there would only be a checklist :(

The thing is, my current apartment is rented and I'm moving out soon. I'm afraid the next tenant might have no idea what Packet 3 is and just discard it.

Is the case number used by the Vancouver consulate the same one issued to you by NVC? If it is, I might be able to email the Vancouver consulate with my NVC case number and tell them to mail my Packet 3 to my new address...

Oh, so packet 3 does contain the letter with the case number? Darn... I thought there would only be a checklist :(

The thing is, my current apartment is rented and I'm moving out soon. I'm afraid the next tenant might have no idea what Packet 3 is and just discard it.

Is the case number used by the Vancouver consulate the same one issued to you by NVC? If it is, I might be able to email the Vancouver consulate with my NVC case number and tell them to mail my Packet 3 to my new address...

The "packet 3" that you will receive in the mail is ONLY a letter with your case number. The letter gives you the link that you type in on your computer that will open up the checklist online. All of the stuff you will be doing is online. The consulate does not send any forms to you.

So yes you can use the packet 3 letter for your medical exam.

Yes you can email the consulate with your case number on it (make sure to include the petitioners name and the beneficiaries name on there as well)

It is the same number the NVC gave you it starts with VAC.

So email them tell them the situation and request they change your address ASAP

packet 3

That is the link to packet 3. This is your checklist and it ahs links to the forms you need to complete. Follow all the instructions and you will be fine.

Once again the letter you receive from the consulate just tells you to go to this link and complete all that is required.

There will be no forms in the mail :thumbs:

packet 3

That is the link to packet 3. This is your checklist and it ahs links to the forms you need to complete. Follow all the instructions and you will be fine.

Once again the letter you receive from the consulate just tells you to go to this link and complete all that is required.

There will be no forms in the mail :thumbs:

Thanks Meggy, that totally clarifies everything for me! You're an angel! :innocent:

LOL awe not a prob! You will have to let me know how everything goes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.