cyshie

Im confuse Pls help!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am confused what to do, i moved to an apartment May 22,then i received my NOA2 last may 26, I was living with my aunt and thats the address that i used in my Petition, I havent change my address yet except for car insurance because i still go there 3x a week , Now i dont have plans of changing it till my Fiance gets here! Now my question is will the consulate gets confused if they found out in their system its showing 2 addreses? will it affect the interview result? Do i have to report it that i move? As much as possible i want to use my old address!b pls I need inputs! Thanks in advance

I am confused what to do, i moved to an apartment May 22,then i received my NOA2 last may 26, I was living with my aunt and thats the address that i used in my Petition, I havent change my address yet except for car insurance because i still go there 3x a week , Now i dont have plans of changing it till my Fiance gets here! Now my question is will the consulate gets confused if they found out in their system its showing 2 addreses? will it affect the interview result? Do i have to report it that i move? As much as possible i want to use my old address!b pls I need inputs! Thanks in advance

Not a problem (USCIS does not ask for your car insurance), but make sure that the address you and your fiance list in all the paperwork is the SAME.

Next steps:

Packet 3 Forms that will ask for your address in the US: DS-230, DS-156,

They may ask your fiance where you live in the US.

Just make sure your answers are consistent.

23Jan2010 "V" mailed I-129F (USPO return recp't & certified mail)

25Jan2010 NOA1 (website), 01Feb2010 via snail mail

26Jan2010 USPO return receipt received

27Jan2010 Check cashed

26Feb2010 NOA2 (website), 04Mar2010 via snail mail

06Mar2010 Petition received at NVC (website), 10Mar2010 via snail mail

17Mar2010 "Packet 3" received from Sydney Consulate (via email only)

24Mar2010 "L&V" mailed DS-230 to Sydney Consulate(sent from the US - certified mail)

_________| no activity for 26 days since "L" is still in the US. (we didn't expect the paperwork would flow so smoothly and quickly).

18Apr2010 "L" returned to Australia

19Apr2010 "L" - finger-printed & requested for police certificate

21Apr2010 "L" medical exam

23Apr2010 Police certificate received

30Apr2010 Medical results

01May2010 "L" Sent DS-1076 form + entire packet "ready for interview" to Sydney Consulate

10May2010 "Packet 4" received from Sydney Consulate (via email only)

25May2010 Interview

01Jun2010 Visa Received In-hand

28Jul2010 PoE San Francisco, California

02Aug2010 Tied the knot!!

_________ AOS (waiting for marriage certificate to file with I485/131/765/486)

"No lawyers were involved (or harmed) in this K-1 process"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

That is fine to keep the same "permanent" mailing address for the process. The USCIS will not know that you have an apartment address.

However you might want to think this over for the filing of the applications for the Visa. Those application forms do ask at what address the Alien beneficiary will be residing at. While you could probably put the Aunt's permanent address, if you believe your fiancee will live with you in the apartment, why don't you enter that address on the DOS forms used to apply for the Visa. This will not be a negative impact on the approval process.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Not a problem (USCIS does not ask for your car insurance), but make sure that the address you and your fiance list in all the paperwork is the SAME.

Next steps:

Packet 3 Forms that will ask for your address in the US: DS-230, DS-156,

They may ask your fiance where you live in the US.

Just make sure your answers are consistent.

----That is exactly why im confused because one of the question is where will he live here in US, Yes he will be living with me in the apartment not in the previous address!But i dont want to fill another form for the change of address . In the Visa application we would like to be consistent with the previous address eventhough technically speaking he will be living with me in the apartment. Will that be ok? Im just worried because he is not actually gonna live in that previous address!

Timeline

----That is exactly why im confused because one of the question is where will he live here in US, Yes he will be living with me in the apartment not in the previous address!But i dont want to fill another form for the change of address . In the Visa application we would like to be consistent with the previous address eventhough technically speaking he will be living with me in the apartment. Will that be ok? Im just worried because he is not actually gonna live in that previous address!

@ Andy i would like that but it says that if i change the address i have to notify USCIS within 30 days that i moved by filing a form i think! I dont wanna go through that anymore if its possible. If we will put the new address in the visa application will it not confuse them because the address they have for me is my previous address. Thanks for the reply.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

@ Andy i would like that but it says that if i change the address i have to notify USCIS within 30 days that i moved by filing a form i think! I dont wanna go through that anymore if its possible. If we will put the new address in the visa application will it not confuse them because the address they have for me is my previous address. Thanks for the reply.

You have two options, neither of which is illegal nor a misrepresentation of material facts.

1) Keep using your Aunt's "permanent" address.

2) Update the address on the DS forms used for applying for the Visa. It is not going to be a problem. The DOS (Department of State) will see your forms from the Visa applications which you have updated. It is best to tell them the true address where you and fiance(e) will live.

Now for Option 2, which is the better option you do need to change the address with USCIS. But you already have NOA2 so changing the address will not slow down or affect the process.

The DOS will really not care if the address on the visa application form is different from the I-129F. If they ask, tell your fiance(e) to always answer the truth which is his fiance(e) in the states has moved recently.

Eventually you change your address with USCIS either doing this on-line at their web site or use Form AR-11 but the good part here is you are not changing the address in the middle of a USCIS process. You will be changing the address after USCIS has finished and at the start of the DOS (Embassy) process.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.