9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok here it goes. Mary Glo, my fiancee, who I had been with for 2 years, after going through this very lenghty and costly process, and getting the VISA in hand, and a plane ticket to come over, tells me she was screwing around with a man from CA. After several days, I decide it is for the best to go our seperate ways, as this severely breaks my trust with her. About 2 weeks later a friend tells me there was an add in the local paper looking for me. I replied and this is some excerpt of what he told me "In the fall of last year I was introduced to a lady by the name of Mary Glo from Davao, a lady that I had chosen out of many because she appeared to me

as the most sincere and honest woman. She confessed to me that she had fallen in love with me and I reciprocated.

After the second night together in Davao, she suddenly confessed to me that she already had a boy friend in Alabama who had petitioned for a fiancee visa for her and that she already held an electronic airline ticket from him. She - and also her family members - very skillfully tried to convince me that she only loved me and that she did not love the man in Alabama.

For her the relationship with that man was merely a matter of convenience to get to fulfill her dream to get into the United States. I can document everything I am saying here, and there are prominent witnesses to certify the statements she made. She wanted only me, she emphasized and even asked me to pick her up from "the man in Birmingham" after she had gone to him and would have told him the truth. My experiences with her could fill a book. As a professional man I must now admit that I did notice severe psychiatric

problems with her, she is psychopathic if not even a sociopath. Also, while I was there, I saw her often lying down with severe migraine attacks."

Needless to say it has left me very unhappy, very untrusting, and very upset that I have spent $8,000-10,000, for nothing..

...I must now admit that I did notice severe psychiatric problems with her, she is psychopathic if not even a sociopath.

...I have spent $8,000-10,000, for nothing..

Please don't be so down on yourself. You did not spend all of that money for nothing...you got a lesson for the future on why you should pay attention to those severe psychiatric problems before you spend that kind of money again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

I don't know what to say but that I am very truly sorry to hear this. :( I know I cannot say anything to make you feel better. I can't even imagine how painful this is for you. I hope you can get over this soon, heal and move on. Hopefully you will find a love who will feel the same about you and treat you the same way.

VJAvatar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow!...an amazing story. I am sorry to hear that this happened. However, also know that most women are not like this and you will find that one woman God has for you eventually.

04/02/2010 I-129f Sent

04/06/2010 I-129f Received

04/07/2010 NOA1

04/09/2010 Touched and check cashed

06/14/2010 Touched!!

06/14/2010 I-129f Approved!!

09/1/2010 Interview Approved!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OP, try to find the good in this difficult situation. At least you found out before you married her and not after. I have read so many stories here about the immigrant using the USC to get a green card, a better way of life. Ive even noticed that it seems, IMO, that alot of the foriegners come across as though they are reared by their families to be a good candidate for an american. I read one heart touching story of a woman who had a relationship for about 5 years, everything got approved, he came over, and within 4 days he beat her. Their are alot of crazy people out there, and LDR can make it harder to know the day to day life and personalities of the people we feel we love. Heck, my SO said something the other day that blew me away, and Ive known him for over 3 years now. Please keep your chin up though, even though there are really not nice people out there, there are some wonderful, honest, beautiful people too.

~~~ Hes the chance Im taking ~~~

April 2007 - Met online

Oct. 2008 - He came to Canada to meet me

Dec 25 2009 officially engaged

March 2010 - sent off I-129F

March 27 2010 - Vermont receives package :)

April 3 2010 - Informed through mail that cheque is cashed NOA1

May 28 2010 - RFE notification ( yeah Im online checking alot >.< )

June 5 2010 - RFE hardcopy received

June 18 2010 - RFE returned ( had done it June 7 - but USPS returned grrrr )

--- case says we should hear from them in 60 days from June 18 ---

June 23 - Touched

Aug4 - Email notification of NoA2 :)

Aug. 10 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

Sept. 13 - Faxed off Package 3

Sept 14 - Interview notification set for Oct. 5

Oct. 5 2010 Interview Passed

March 17 2011 POE Canadian/US border

April 1 2011 Marriage

Mailed AOS June 1

Chicago Lockbox confirms delivery June 3

Check cashed through bank - notification June 9

OP, what a tough break. THere are no magic words to make you feel better or undue the resentment you must feel.

Take the experience you have now gotten, at no small price, and Get back online and find another girl.

Life is too short to sit on the sidelines waiting to feel better. Get back in the game!

Good luck.

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Very sorry to hear you went through all this, but as said before, it is much better to know this now before marriage and children were added to the drama she has caused in your life. I hope that you find someone deserving of you, just be careful and watch for the "warning signs". Best wishes for your future. Dont be afraid to love again, there are some really great ppl out there. Its too bad the bad ones are mixed among the good ones and you have to sort them out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.