Henia

Hi from Algeria!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Esalaam Hello everyone!

I know I do not post often, but I should! Miss many of my VJ friends!

As many of you know, I married my SO an Algerian and went throu the 'process' but ended up living here ... have been living in Algeria for about three and half years now. I have 3 children now. Life has been hard here. Thou I tried to leave several times, things have never worked out that way!

My mum came about a year ago to stay with us. But now she is wanting to leave. I donnot blame her ... but I will miss her! I want to go with her ... but of course that is not possible!

I donnow why I am even writing here but I am just so sad ... depressed... I feel like I will be alone forever! I cannot even find any joy in what I have so far ... Haaaa haaa yes I am just complaining ... venting! And I guess just want to say 'hi' to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello, I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My fiance recently left Paris to go home to Algeria to wait for our interview (which we don't have yet). He too says that it is very hard to live there. He has many complaints about life there. He will get to leave though to come here. Is there a reason that you ended up living there? Is there a reason why you all can't leave? Does your husband want to stay there?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Henia,

Feel free to vent all you want. You are homesick and nostalgic, it's normal. The fact that your mom is leaving has added a burden to what you are feeling already. Don't be sad because you are feeling that way, there's nothing wrong with it.

I am not familiar with Algeria and not sure what you can do to break the daily routine. All I can say is let your husband know how you are feeling and try to find a compromise that would make both of you happy.

It must be hard not visit your country and family for over 3 years. If your husband is not willing to move to the US in the future, he should at least consider visiting/letting you visit every year or two.

I hope everything goes the way you want and for the best for you and your family. (F) (F) (F)

Aya

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

((((Henia))))

You've made so many sacrifices for your family and I must say I admire your dedication. I hope that in the end you and your family will end up coming back to the states. You are in my thoughts.

Best,

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Esalaam,

Thanks everyone for the replies and kind words!

Shal : I live in the province of Tipaza near the sea, south of the capital.

Orginally we were to head back to the US, but dh hurt his back was unable to walk for one year then we refile ... he started working ... we got approved but he realized he did not want to give up his career to work min wage jobs in the US. So we stayed. I have tried to leave once since then cos I had a terrible pregnancy but it did not work out. Dh is willing to leave but only for secure job placement in his profession and home - both we do not have. Plus I do not any way to get the AOS approved, I have no income in the US neither do I know anyone who would sign for me ... so I guess it's not option so it's not in my mind. Just have to have the best of what we have ...

I dislike Algeria since 4 yrs we have not been able to secure a decent home (meaning indoor plumbing, running water, finished walls and roof) My husband had a little plot of land which we built 75 percent of the way a little dinty house ... way too small for us but even here ecomony is bad so no way to afford to finish it or buy elsewhere. 4 yrs of weekly running of water, bathing from bucket ... I am not here to complain or cry but it trying me out!

I have one friend that lives hour away ... who I rarely ever see. I get along with my ILs and neighbours well enough but always there is no common topics and i will always be a 'outsider' here. My mum came here from Europe ... stayed yr and finally said 'fk this' and is leaving. I do not blame her ... but I will miss her! And I will be alone!

Mandy: Ecomonics is the reason we cannot or rather logicall will not leave ... so as my husband says have 'sabr' =patience ... I think that is running out!

Aya: Logicall and thoughtful your ideas but my husband workds 12 days and basically is so tired he sleeps on his days off. I do everything from care for the kids, do my little home business (that is more work then worth)shop, cook, clean, doctors, school ... by foot LOL never would I have thought in a million years I walk daily 5km ... I think I was born with my butt in a car LOL!

Nothing really to do here to change - unlike Egypt no real entertain or 'fun' activities ... no park to take children or mall ... beach in the summer or my friend who lives hour away ... I do go see her and her me ... but daily life ... ye it takes up alot of time! I tried looking for women here but all are so strange not at all my type of people ... they seek to only be friends fo r what they gain from you ... also the foreigners I have met ... all too uppity! Not for me sorry!

Ye husband has no issues with me visiting ... always the issue is MULLAH LOL! My family has and does so much for me ... I cannot except them to pay for that!

Dorothy: I have been thinking about you since forever ... I never see on you yahoo anymore ... did you get my IMs ... are you on Facebook? Again thank you for the kindness you showed me before! And enchallah one if I do get back to the US we met up ok!?

Timeline

It sounds to me like your husband would do much better working at a minimum wage job here in America. The question is, how to get here. Have you talked to the US Embassy there to ask them if you have any options for returning. Your situation sounds dreadful. Sounds like you are making the best of what you can though. You must be a very strong person.

I wish I had more advice for you but I don't know Algeria. All I know is that my fiance says that he will never stay there to live. He only went back to finish this visa process so he can come to me. He says he wouldn't wish life in Algeria on his worst enemy.

Stay strong and explore every option. Talk to your family and just see if there is anything they can do to help you. Sometimes you can be surprised by what family will do when you need it.

Timeline

I hope your more happiness in your near future. What kind of work does your husband do... I wish there is a way for him to get a job here in the US that would be comparable to what he has there. Do you have a good work history ? Is there a way that you could secure a job in the US ? Maybe someone would be more willing to co sponser, if they knew you were coming back to a job? idk, Im sure you have thought of absolutley everything under the sun already. I wish you the best of luck, and hope that your situation, finds a solution!

4/16/10- I129F Sent by Danni

4/20/10- I129F Received at VSC

4/22/10- NOA1 sent from VSC

4/26/10- NOA1 received by Danni

6/28/10- NOA2 Received by text and email at 11:32pm

6/29/10- NVC Received K1 package

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

7/08/10- Algeria Embassy received Package sent from NVC

7/26/10- Received Packet 3 Via Email, after I called them to inquire about it.

8/15/10- Medical Exam 9 am

8/17/10 INTERVIEW!!! Resulted in Admin Review

10/04/10 Embassy Interviewed Hamza's Dad over the telephone

10/06/10 Embassy Interviewed me over the phone

11/30/10 Embassy Emailed Hamza, with approval Notice!!!!!

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

12/31/10 Hamza's Flight to the USA!

12/31/10...7:19 PM Hamza Arrived in the US! Best New Years Ever!

2/22/11 Married!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-d8faZtdOc

Filed: Timeline

Esalaam,

Thanks everyone for the replies and kind words!

Shal : I live in the province of Tipaza near the sea, south of the capital.

Orginally we were to head back to the US, but dh hurt his back was unable to walk for one year then we refile ... he started working ... we got approved but he realized he did not want to give up his career to work min wage jobs in the US. So we stayed. I have tried to leave once since then cos I had a terrible pregnancy but it did not work out. Dh is willing to leave but only for secure job placement in his profession and home - both we do not have. Plus I do not any way to get the AOS approved, I have no income in the US neither do I know anyone who would sign for me ... so I guess it's not option so it's not in my mind. Just have to have the best of what we have ...

I dislike Algeria since 4 yrs we have not been able to secure a decent home (meaning indoor plumbing, running water, finished walls and roof) My husband had a little plot of land which we built 75 percent of the way a little dinty house ... way too small for us but even here ecomony is bad so no way to afford to finish it or buy elsewhere. 4 yrs of weekly running of water, bathing from bucket ... I am not here to complain or cry but it trying me out!

I have one friend that lives hour away ... who I rarely ever see. I get along with my ILs and neighbours well enough but always there is no common topics and i will always be a 'outsider' here. My mum came here from Europe ... stayed yr and finally said 'fk this' and is leaving. I do not blame her ... but I will miss her! And I will be alone!

Mandy: Ecomonics is the reason we cannot or rather logicall will not leave ... so as my husband says have 'sabr' =patience ... I think that is running out!

Aya: Logicall and thoughtful your ideas but my husband workds 12 days and basically is so tired he sleeps on his days off. I do everything from care for the kids, do my little home business (that is more work then worth)shop, cook, clean, doctors, school ... by foot LOL never would I have thought in a million years I walk daily 5km ... I think I was born with my butt in a car LOL!

Nothing really to do here to change - unlike Egypt no real entertain or 'fun' activities ... no park to take children or mall ... beach in the summer or my friend who lives hour away ... I do go see her and her me ... but daily life ... ye it takes up alot of time! I tried looking for women here but all are so strange not at all my type of people ... they seek to only be friends fo r what they gain from you ... also the foreigners I have met ... all too uppity! Not for me sorry!

Ye husband has no issues with me visiting ... always the issue is MULLAH LOL! My family has and does so much for me ... I cannot except them to pay for that!

Dorothy: I have been thinking about you since forever ... I never see on you yahoo anymore ... did you get my IMs ... are you on Facebook? Again thank you for the kindness you showed me before! And enchallah one if I do get back to the US we met up ok!?

Thank you for your honesty Henia. Another thing is that without your husbands permission in Algeria you cannot even leave but at 1500 a ticket, who can afford it? I am so sorry about the plumbing. How much would it cost to add plumbing to your house over there?Tipaza on the other hand, and i have been there is amazing.. the ancient citadel. Although the city is really kind of dilapidated in some ways. I am so happy for you but honestly , most of us dont have a real clue about how life is really in North Africa. We go on vacation and dont have to deal with the day to day poverty, social ills and poverty, having a baby there etc. We go stay in hotels, see smiles and all the best behavior and judge it on that..not realising the things we would really see if we lived there and had to actually try to earn money. It kind of explains why some people will do ANYTHING to get the hell out of there in many ways... huh?

I am surprised women are not friendly. It may be the social level of who you are talking to.. Educated people are friendly arent they?

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for your honesty Henia. Another thing is that without your husbands permission in Algeria you cannot even leave but at 1500 a ticket, who can afford it? I am so sorry about the plumbing. How much would it cost to add plumbing to your house over there?Tipaza on the other hand, and i have been there is amazing.. the ancient citadel. Although the city is really kind of dilapidated in some ways. I am so happy for you but honestly , most of us dont have a real clue about how life is really in North Africa. We go on vacation and dont have to deal with the day to day poverty, social ills and poverty, having a baby there etc. We go stay in hotels, see smiles and all the best behavior and judge it on that..not realising the things we would really see if we lived there and had to actually try to earn money. It kind of explains why some people will do ANYTHING to get the hell out of there in many ways... huh?

I am surprised women are not friendly. It may be the social level of who you are talking to.. Educated people are friendly arent they?

I meant your kids not you and you already said that he was ok with you travelling..but like I said at 1500 a ticket...you would use that for the roof...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.