midge and isi

Tax Transcripts

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

If you provide Tax Transcripts should you also have copies of your tax return forms? or is the Tax Transcript with W-2s enough?

Do they care about your state forms or is it just federal that the embassy cares about?

Thanks!

Timeline

Also should I highlight anything on the W-2s, 1099s, tax transcripts to make it easier for them to locate things or just leave them be? I have a co-sponsor so it would be more important that his are seen. He filled jointly with his wife so I have the w-2s to show his income and not the combined shown on the transcript.

If you provide Tax Transcripts should you also have copies of your tax return forms? or is the Tax Transcript with W-2s enough?

Do they care about your state forms or is it just federal that the embassy cares about?

Thanks!

Federal tax transcripts are all that is needed.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Also should I highlight anything on the W-2s, 1099s, tax transcripts to make it easier for them to locate things or just leave them be? I have a co-sponsor so it would be more important that his are seen. He filled jointly with his wife so I have the w-2s to show his income and not the combined shown on the transcript.

So there are two cases here.

1) You have tax transcripts. You do not need 1040s W-2s or 1099 copies. Tax Transcripts prove all of that.

2) But then your income is apparently not enough so you have a joint sponsor. Hopefully your Embassy/Consulate will accept joint sponsors. In the case of a joint sponsor that is married and filing with joint income from his wife, you are correct to provide his W-2 income only. He also needs to fill out an I-134 listing your Alien Beneficiary as a dependent and his dependents.

You should write a short cover letter to the I-134s (yours and joint sponsor's) and explain his income is shown on the W-2, the tax transctipt includes income from the spouse that is not a joint sponsor.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Thanks!

Ghana does accept co-sponsors thankfully (or has been for the past few cases- but you never know!)

So the letter will "high-light" the things I want to point out instead of actually highlighting them?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks!

Ghana does accept co-sponsors thankfully (or has been for the past few cases- but you never know!)

So the letter will "high-light" the things I want to point out instead of actually highlighting them?

Thanks!

Yes, again you are correct on all counts. Simply point out the corrected income for the joint sponsor alone in a short cover letter. You do not actually need to highlight it in yellow.

Please plan on accumulating a large amount of all types of evidence for your Embassy interview. It would help a lot if your fiance(e) could be there for each other at the interview.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

They don't let the USC in at Ghana :angry: , I know i can be outside and he bring my passport in to show i am there but with the high price RT to Accra, I unfortuatly can't make a second trip this year. BUT Im going in July with my parents (so a whole new set of evidence will be available)for the interview. My dad is also the joint sponsor so I am hoping that will show the embassy its more then just financial support but support of the wedding. Not that they care....

off this topic: Should I include the boarding passes, visa stamps from my parents going? I will definatly include photos at landmarks with all of us(my previous pictures from petiton lack the landmarks). Photos of the two families together, reciepts from hotels, and so on.

THANKS!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.