bmagno23

EVIDENCE OF CURRENT SUSTAINED INCOME

122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI k1!

what is the 256.00 payment for? and what is CFO?

Thank u

SHERRYL

Hi Sherryl,

I was about to ask you regarding the status of your Visa, I don't know why it takes too long, maybe you should call them at least twice a week.

In my case, I paid Php. 256 upon delivery then after a week I went to Cebu to take the CFO seminar. There's also a center in manila, it depends on your preferred location w/c accessible to you.

FYI: the Seminar is required, you cannot leave the country if you don't have a CFO sticker attached on your passport. don't worry it will only take half day.

Timeline

HI k1!

what is the 256.00 payment for? and what is CFO?

Thank u

SHERRYL

that's the amount you will pay from Air21 courier when receiving your visa/other documents.

CFO - "Commission on Filipino Overseas", click on the link below so that you'll have an idea.

CFO Website

Visajourney forum

Edited by k1member

Timeline

hello magmay!

I just wanna ask if u pay the AIR21 when they sent you your denied visa letter and ur passport? How much?

Thank.

SHERRYL

Hi! Bmagno23, Me and my fiance have gone through what you were experiencing right now.My fiance declared loss in his tax return due to loss in his business.During my interview CO said he can't give me visa coz my fiance's income is not enough to support me.But I was given this white paper asking for my fiance's original affidavit of support.When I submitted the affidavit,I also attached his certificate of employment.After two weeks I got I a letter from them,saying that I will not be granted a visa due to inadequate financial support and if I wanted to discuss the matter , a date was given for the disposition of my case by the CO.Don't you think mine is more stressful? Don't loose hope. What you need to do is get a certification from your employer of your year do date income.That's what the embassy needs.To show them a proof that you have ongoing income that will support you and your fiancee when she comes over eventually. Good Luck!!

By the way during the disposition , i went to the embassy with my fiance.the CO said "Everything's solved". No questions whatsoever about my fiance's finances.We were able to get the PINK SLIP. I am sure you will get it too.

Timeline

Do the same income requirements apply to all immigrant visa applicants even if they use the I-134?

No. The 125 percent minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return and other requirements only apply when an I-864 is needed. Applicants using the I-134 will need to show that their sponsor's income is 100 percent of federal poverty guidelines as required under Section 212(a)(4) of the INA.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

SHERRYL

Timeline

HI RYANREC!

ur right, it's confusing. but my friend alvarez which is a member of VJ gave me a copy of poverty guideline, and it's stated there that for I-134 it's 100% that u need, and 125% for I-864.

Regarding assets, don't have idea. Try to go online on USEM site maybe u can pick up some idea there.

So how's ur application now?

Goodluck!

Sherryl.

Thanks for the info. It looks like I will meet the 125% anyway, but I am not working right now. I get a VA disability that is not taxed, but I do have proof of that. I also have monthly investment income every month, which I can provide statements and it appears on my tax returns. I also have substantial assets. I just worry that the CO might not want to look through all the evidence/proof.

I received the approval letter from USCIS back on June 10, I received a letter in the mail from NVC a few days ago with a case number. I went ahead and called the call center for the Manila Embassy to make the appointment. I was surprised that they could give me an appt so soon. Even July 19 if I wanted, but I choose July 27 so it would give my fiancee enough time to complete the medical. I will FEDEX her a large packet today of my I-134, additional photos, three years tax returns, bank and investments statements, house deed showing no mortgage, etc.

I read somewhere here (now I can't find it) that for the I-864, the assets must equal five years at the 125% level if there is no income. So according to that, even if I had no income, I would need about 90K in assets for the I-864??

Edited by ryanrec

Timeline

hello magmay!

I just wanna ask if u pay the AIR21 when they sent you your denied visa letter and ur passport? How much?

Thank.

SHERRYL

Hi! Sherryl, Initially during the first interview the consul told me that he could not give me a visa coz of the tax return where my fiance declared a loss on his business. So he returned my passport. However they gave me a white paper which required me to submit the original affidavit of support coz I guess what I had submitted was the photocopy. The letter that was sent by the embassy was sent on a registerd mail. That was after I submitted the affidavit of support and his employment certificate , and other docs of his income source. It says that I need to call the embassy or appear on a specified date and time so the Consul could discuss why they can't give me visa. BUT it turned out otherwise. When I got to talk to the consul, I went there with my fiance who is my husband now, He just asked us when do we plan to get married and that's it. My Visa was approved. I was given a pink slip - to go and and pay for the delivery of my visa. You only pay AIR 21 for the delivery of your visa. When your application for visa is denied , they will return all your docs,your passport and they will tell you the reason why they can't issue you a visa. So you will resolve whatever needs to be done. Good Luck! By the way we got married on July 10.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You're welcome Yup! I-134 for non-immigrants and the I-864 for AOS.

Regarding the poverty line, it's 125%. Each consulate applies their own requirements regarding that and for the Philippines, it's 125%. My VJ friends and fiancé followed the 125% income requirement. So that's 125% for a household of two unless like I said in an earlier post, you're in the military then it's 100%. If you don't meet the 125%, then you can suffice by having 5x the amount you lack through assets since they are only considered to be worth 1/3 of the income. You can stick with that you know or call the embassy if you're not satisfied with the information you're gathering. It's best to be sure. Good luck!good.gif

Thanks for the information, but I just did find the website where I read before the following:

Should K-1 fiancé(e) visa applicants use the I-864 or the I-134?

Since fiancé(e)s are nonimmigrant visa applicants, they should use the I-134. They will need to submit an I-864 to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) when they adjust status to conditional immigrant in the United States after they are married.

Do the same income requirements apply to all immigrant visa applicants even if they use the I-134?

No. The 125 percent minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return and other requirements only apply when an I-864 is needed. Applicants using the I-134 will need to show that their sponsor's income is 100 percent of federal poverty guidelines as required under Section 212(a)(4) of the INA.

K-1 TIMELINE

2-12-10: I-129F arrived at CSC

2-16-10: NOA1 issued

2-20-10: NOA1 hard copy received

4-5-10: NOA2 issued

4-9-10: NOA2 hard copy received

4-26-10: Embassy sent Toni a letter

6-9 & 11-10: Medical at SLMEC - PASSED!

7-1-10: Interview - BLUE

7-6-10: Submitted additional evidence of current sustained income (paychecks)

7-13-10: Visa Approved! (FINALLY!!!)

7-19-10: Visa Issued!

7-21-10: VISA IN HAND! (Thank God! The wait is finally over.)

8-26-10: POE: LAX

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

4-1-11: AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

5-2-11: NOA issued for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: NOA hard copy received for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: Biometrics appointment letter received

5-20-11: AOS Package was transferred to CSC

5-26-11: Biometrics appointment

5-26-11: EAD approved (that was faaaaaaasst!)

10-3-11: AOS finally approved!

Timeline

Hi! Sherryl, Initially during the first interview the consul told me that he could not give me a visa coz of the tax return where my fiance declared a loss on his business. So he returned my passport. However they gave me a white paper which required me to submit the original affidavit of support coz I guess what I had submitted was the photocopy. The letter that was sent by the embassy was sent on a registerd mail. That was after I submitted the affidavit of support and his employment certificate , and other docs of his income source. It says that I need to call the embassy or appear on a specified date and time so the Consul could discuss why they can't give me visa. BUT it turned out otherwise. When I got to talk to the consul, I went there with my fiance who is my husband now, He just asked us when do we plan to get married and that's it. My Visa was approved. I was given a pink slip - to go and and pay for the delivery of my visa. You only pay AIR 21 for the delivery of your visa. When your application for visa is denied , they will return all your docs,your passport and they will tell you the reason why they can't issue you a visa. So you will resolve whatever needs to be done. Good Luck! By the way we got married on July 10.

congratulations magmay!!

& sherryl; magmay is right on target. the only time you'll need to pay for anything is when the visa is approved. i hope they got your address right coz its been awhile now and you havent got word of anything. if push comes to shove, i recommend going back to the embassy physically, if possible to settle this. my fiances mother got the letter for her when they carrier dropped it off, do you live with family? and like i said if you recieve the dreaded letter of denial, have your fiance with you when you go for the "disposition" if you can, not saying you need to but it helps alot, but then again lets hope you dont have to go through what magmay and i did, lets hope you get that VISA as smooth as k1member. take care. keep us posted.

Timeline

You're welcome Yup! I-134 for non-immigrants and the I-864 for AOS.

Regarding the poverty line, it's 125%. Each consulate applies their own requirements regarding that and for the Philippines, it's 125%. My VJ friends and fiancé followed the 125% income requirement. So that's 125% for a household of two unless like I said in an earlier post, you're in the military then it's 100%. If you don't meet the 125%, then you can suffice by having 5x the amount you lack through assets since they are only considered to be worth 1/3 of the income. You can stick with that you know or call the embassy if you're not satisfied with the information you're gathering. It's best to be sure. Good luck!good.gif

Thats interesting information. If the Embassy can do whatever they want regardless to the INS/Departement of State Laws/Guidelines such as Section 212(a)(4) of the INA, then why not make the requirement 200% or 500%? I would think someone would have a valid Congressional Inquiry if they got refused a visa even though they met the requirements of Section 212(a)(4) of the INA.

I meet the 125% anyway as I can tell, I just FEDEXd a I-134 with about 50 pages of supporting documents such as 3 years of tax returns, my VA disability paperwork since that is non-taxable, my investment accounts, bank accounts, my grand deed for my house, etc to my Fiancee. I wonder if the CO will look through it?? I am not working now so I don't have any W-2. If they disapprove it because they set their own laws/regulations, Ill be emailing my Senator right away to investigate for me.

Thanks again for the info.

Edited by ryanrec

Timeline

I was initially confused about the conflicting information but eventually found out that the requirements are consulate specific. My fiancé used a co-sponsor as back up since he was unemployed last year which resulted to poor tax returns for '09. He landed a job in late December of '09 and his income is sufficient for us both. I intentionally submitted the co-sponsor's papers with my fiancé's I-134 to the prescreener and she tersely told me that the acceptance of such papers for a K-1 visa is upon the discretion of the consul. I was assigned to a fairly polite consul and I was under the impression that I was going to be handed a pink slip but unfortunately ended up with a blue one in stead. He asked for pay stubs and I supplied that last week and I haven't heard a word from them since. I called them yesterday and nothing has happened to my case. They are only good at delivering spiels. tongue_ss.gif

I wonder if the site is even updated!?

125% would be roughly around $18,000-19,000 or so. MATH! headbonk.gif That's fine because the consul only glanced at my fiancé's '09 tax returns, '09 W2's and ignored the previous years. I surmise that they require tax returns to look for financial stability and current pay stubs to prove the petitioner's capacity to support the beneficiary plus himself in the long run. Assets are supplementary financial evidence but the overwhelming amount of evidence you have should satisfy the CO.

They do give considerations to those with special cases so the documents should suffice. Tell your fiancée to be ready for some grilling. The consuls have the propensity to ask such ambiguous questions just to see you squirm. Please do update us on your journey. She'll be just fine and hopefully, you get a better outcome than I did.

The best of luck to you and you're welcome! good.gif

Toni

Thats interesting information. If the Embassy can do whatever they want regardless to the INS/Departement of State Laws/Guidelines such as Section 212(a)(4) of the INA, then why not make the requirement 200% or 500%? I would think someone would have a valid Congressional Inquiry if they got refused a visa even though they met the requirements of Section 212(a)(4) of the INA.

I meet the 125% anyway as I can tell, I just FEDEXd a I-134 with about 50 pages of supporting documents such as 3 years of tax returns, my VA disability paperwork since that is non-taxable, my investment accounts, bank accounts, my grand deed for my house, etc to my Fiancee. I wonder if the CO will look through it?? I am not working now so I don't have any W-2. If they disapprove it because they set their own laws/regulations, Ill be emailing my Senator right away to investigate for me.

Thanks again for the info.

K-1 TIMELINE

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

Timeline

I was initially confused about the conflicting information but eventually found out that the requirements are consulate specific. My fiancé used a co-sponsor as back up since he was unemployed last year which resulted to poor tax returns for '09. He landed a job in late December of '09 and his income is sufficient for us both. I intentionally submitted the co-sponsor's papers with my fiancé's I-134 to the prescreener and she tersely told me that the acceptance of such papers for a K-1 visa is upon the discretion of the consul. I was assigned to a fairly polite consul and I was under the impression that I was going to be handed a pink slip but unfortunately ended up with a blue one in stead. He asked for pay stubs and I supplied that last week and I haven't heard a word from them since. I called them yesterday and nothing has happened to my case. They are only good at delivering spiels. tongue_ss.gif

I wonder if the site is even updated!?

125% would be roughly around $18,000-19,000 or so. MATH! headbonk.gif That's fine because the consul only glanced at my fiancé's '09 tax returns, '09 W2's and ignored the previous years. I surmise that they require tax returns to look for financial stability and current pay stubs to prove the petitioner's capacity to support the beneficiary plus himself in the long run. Assets are supplementary financial evidence but the overwhelming amount of evidence you have should satisfy the CO.

They do give considerations to those with special cases so the documents should suffice. Tell your fiancée to be ready for some grilling. The consuls have the propensity to ask such ambiguous questions just to see you squirm. Please do update us on your journey. She'll be just fine and hopefully, you get a better outcome than I did.

The best of luck to you and you're welcome! good.gif

Toni

Thanks again. Wow! Yeah, I told her that if for some reason the CO says something like the Visa is denied because your fiance is not working, then she must be strong and ready to explain my entire financial situation and ensure the CO looks over all the paperwork. It should be fine, but you never know.

Timeline

You're welcome! Yeah, she should be persistent and not be too acquiescent to question his decision. You seem to be prepared so lets hope for a reasonable CO.

Good luck! good.gif

Thanks again. Wow! Yeah, I told her that if for some reason the CO says something like the Visa is denied because your fiance is not working, then she must be strong and ready to explain my entire financial situation and ensure the CO looks over all the paperwork. It should be fine, but you never know.

K-1 TIMELINE

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

Timeline

HI magmay!

Congratulations! and thank you so much for helping. Til now I am waiting. I am here in our province waiting for any respond of US embassy from AIR21. No feedback yet, Ive been waiting since last week. :( SHERRYL

quote name='magmay06' date='13 July 2010 - 06:16 AM' timestamp='1278972974' post='4060945']

Timeline

hey guys!

thank you so much for the support and ideas that u've shared.. i received my visa today! =)

Sherryl

Yeah!! :thumbs: i knew you'll have it! congratulations...

I know it's difficult to sleep right now even if you have your Visa because of exhilaration, not the other way around. hehehe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.