confusing

How did your fiance propose to you in the Philippines?

57 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello to all..just want to share mine too...it's kinda funny proposal i don't know if this is romantic huh...my hubby charlie went to visit me in my province for the sake to meet my whole and big family for his too long trip on plane and jeep...he is really tired on that time,sweating all over his body..i am not shy for him to bring him in the jeepney to tell that he gonna ride on that kinda transport going to my place..he like it too but the jeepney become crazy..all the gas station going to my province we just stop over to give the jeepney water.. :rofl::rofl: while charlie shaking his bum bec. it is already numb..hehe...for the short story we got home then in the mornig is our engagement party,when we get up he just give my things(pasalubong).then show up the ring in cute box..then he says "I LOVE U PAM"..OUCH...that's all?no asking will u marry me?nyahaha..after that he went out to talk my parents,and i dont know that he already talking my father while my father cooking outside...he ask my daddy if it is ok with them to marry me..it is funny bec. he is sweating..wow...he called my father PAPA already..nyahaha..then after that party...is this romantic or wat? :thumbs::thumbs: i dont know...i just only noticed how he propose to me was funny and kinda sweet... :bonk::bonk::bonk:

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

uhmmm us we dont have formal engagement just that when he visited me last year and celebrated the valentine's day...he bought a ring for me, a bunch of red roses we had a simple celebration with the family and that's it... :blush:

Simple an romantic...I like it...roses...and a ring...and a family celebration. :star::star: :star: Three romance stars!

My husband proposed to me over at my parents house. We were sorrounded by my whole family and my husband expressed his love for me in a very romantic way that my sister cried coz so happy. yes.gif

:wow:...that took guts...your fiancé is The Man! :star::star::star::star::star:Five romance stars!

I proposed to Gladys in a romantic restaurant at the top of the Fuente Towers Crown Regency in Cebu. That is the top of the city in Cebu. We had a romantic dinner and then I proposed after dinner on one knee and held her hand, then showed her the ring.

I like it...a romantic dinner...bended knee...and a ring. :star::star::star::star: Four romance stars!

i think the best "will you marry me" proposal will be Mr. Lambo man :lol: i'm gonna wait for him to post the video

I'll bet she has the biggest rock in town. :yes: But remember, money can't buy romance...however, it can make a big down payment. ;)

No romance stars awarded until we hear their story.

We were in Boracay back in November..

In the morning we rode jet skii's.. Or actually, she drove and I was holding on for dear life. :whistle:

We went swimming in the ocean in the afternoon, and took a catamaran in the early evening. Later that night we enjoyed a dinner by the beach and then had a personal fire dancer show at the Bamboo Lounge. We were walking back to the hotel with our feet in the ocean looking up at the moon.. Along the way I stopped and got down on one knee. I told her she was the love of my life and I wanted to spend the rest of it with her. I started to ask her if she would marry me, and she said yes before I could even finish speaking.. And she was crying as I put the ring on her finger.

:wub:

I like it...a day at the beach in Boracay...a romantic dinner...a moonlit walk on the beach...bended knee... :star::star::star::star:Only four romance stars (no ring!)

hello to all..just want to share mine too...it's kinda funny proposal i don't know if this is romantic huh...my hubby charlie went to visit me in my province for the sake to meet my whole and big family for his too long trip on plane and jeep...he is really tired on that time,sweating all over his body..i am not shy for him to bring him in the jeepney to tell that he gonna ride on that kinda transport going to my place..he like it too but the jeepney become crazy..all the gas station going to my province we just stop over to give the jeepney water.. :rofl::rofl: while charlie shaking his bum bec. it is already numb..hehe...for the short story we got home then in the mornig is our engagement party,when we get up he just give my things(pasalubong).then show up the ring in cute box..then he says "I LOVE U PAM"..OUCH...that's all?no asking will u marry me?nyahaha..after that he went out to talk my parents,and i dont know that he already talking my father while my father cooking outside...he ask my daddy if it is ok with them to marry me..it is funny bec. he is sweating..wow...he called my father PAPA already..nyahaha..then after that party...is this romantic or wat? :thumbs::thumbs: i dont know...i just only noticed how he propose to me was funny and kinda sweet... :bonk::bonk::bonk:

What's up, Charlie?...no bended knee?...no proposal? :star::star:Two romance stars (and lucky to get that many!) :P

Timeline

I like it...a day at the beach in Boracay...a romantic dinner...a moonlit walk on the beach...bended knee... :star::star::star::star:Only four romance stars (no ring!)

LOL, let me quote myself... "And she was crying as I put the ring on her finger."

I was sweating the whole trip trying to make sure that she didn't see the ring, and that I didn't lose it or have it stolen on me.. :lol:

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

Sorry Jared...I misread...you indeed sealed the deal with a ring! You are hereby awarded another romance star! :star::star::star::star::star:

Timeline

LOL thanks Tahoma.. So far it looks like I'm doing pretty well.. Not so many romeos in the crowd.. BUT I do like Pam's description of Charlie shaking his bum bum after the jeepney ride. :rofl:

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

wow.gif...that took guts...your fiancé is The Man! star_smile.gifstar_smile.gifstar_smile.gifstar_smile.gifstar_smile.gifFive romance stars!

Thanks Tahoma! I'll take the stars! Lol. Yes, my husband is The Man and that was his brilliant idea to do the proposal at my parents' house. I liked it a LOT!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

LOL thanks Tahoma.. So far it looks like I'm doing pretty well.. Not so many romeos in the crowd.. BUT I do like Pam's description of Charlie shaking his bum bum after the jeepney ride. :rofl:

Yupperz...Pam's story about Charlie was funny. :yes: However, no Romeo stars are awarded for bum-shaking. :no:

Where are the rest of the Romeos? B-)

Timeline

What's up, Charlie?...no bended knee?...no proposal? :star::star:Two romance stars (and lucky to get that many!) :P

Yes it wasnt that romantic ....but they had the engagement party the day I got there ....so I think i must of proposed before that since I paid for the party for the whole burrow...........

yeah...lol.....7 hours in that thing and me hitting my head every bump both ends hurt

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

Yes it wasnt that romantic ....but they had the engagement party the day I got there ....so I think i must of proposed before that since I paid for the party for the whole burrow...........

Charlie...quit groveling...paying for the party is not going to get you another star! :P:lol:

yeah...lol.....7 hours in that thing and me hitting my head every bump both ends hurt

And seven hours back?!? I'll bet it still hurts! :o

Timeline

lol...yes my bum still hurts.. :rofl::rofl:

I-129F

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

Timeline

^^^ :lol:

and we wont even talk about the food poisoning!!!!! lol

I-129F

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey...tell us your story! :yes:

no story yet :) i mean, we've of course applied for the visa after finally meeting in person for the first time... and we know we're going to marry one another, but i didn't purchase the ring until being back in the usa for almost 5 months. i didn't want to propose unless it was in person. im going to fly to manila again this saturday... so i was just curious how everyone else did it.

:)

Simple an romantic...I like it...roses...and a ring...and a family celebration. :star::star: :star: Three romance stars!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: yeah tnx tahoma... yeah we just wanted to make it simple... :blush::yes:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.