Meriem_DZ

Arab American wins Miss USA 2010

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Birth control pills are really not a controlled substance... U dont need a DEA number to write a prescription for birth control pills. They are more just a prescription and not a controlled substance. controlled ones are narcotics and addictive. She did trip on her dress and these things are looked at in making decisions.

The pill is a controlled substance. If I cannot buy it without a prescription it is controlled. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

The pill is a controlled substance. If I cannot buy it without a prescription it is controlled. :thumbs:

I'm being totally dumb here, but what's the difference then?

For instance the pill does require a prescription but some other substances like pain killers or ADHD medications can not be phoned into a pharmacy / submitted online and you must pick up the paper script from your doctor and take it to the pharmacy and produce a drivers license and they refer to these as "controlled substances" and often scrutinize the RX for the Doctor's information and license numbers.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

I'm being totally dumb here, but what's the difference then?

For instance the pill does require a prescription but some other substances like pain killers or ADHD medications can not be phoned into a pharmacy / submitted online and you must pick up the paper script from your doctor and take it to the pharmacy and produce a drivers license and they refer to these as "controlled substances" and often scrutinize the RX for the Doctor's information and license numbers.

Definitely, but what I'm referring to is that anything that is controlled disbursement - as in, I have to have a prescription for it, I cannot buy multiple packages of it, and I cannot access it freely.

Filed: Timeline

Definitely, but what I'm referring to is that anything that is controlled disbursement - as in, I have to have a prescription for it, I cannot buy multiple packages of it, and I cannot access it freely.

Oh I totally get what you were saying I was just wondering if there was a different terminology for it?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Agreed.

The question I have is, is this a role model/publicity that most Arabs would be proud of or want? Especially considering the newest developments ie pole dancing.

Glad for her, she was very beautiful.

I guess any good publicity for Arab Americans is a good thing. I wish it was for something more notable than winning a beauty pageant though.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Late to this thread, heard about the big win for the beautiful new Miss America ... at any rate big congratualtions to her & all the best in her future endeavors!

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Oh I totally get what you were saying I was just wondering if there was a different terminology for it?

Temazepam, heroin, methadone, even codeine etc are controlled drugs - a pharmacy has to have a special licence for them, and prescriptions for them are written and dispensed differently. They are usually kept under lock and key, and every tablet and capsule etc counted every day in order to make sure that they are not lost or stolen. So yes, they are very different from contraceptive pills, even though they too are prescription only drugs.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This was an interesting article.

http://www.guardian....2010-rima-fakih

Thanks for the link. I wish ppl would understand that being 'covered' is not cultural or even 'generally Muslim' - it's a female's choice to wear something, with the choice being helped along by local fatwah. Sure, you can get GEOGRAPHICAL, following the locations where the fatwahs were issued, but...

I'm a Westerner, and even I know this (and I'm mostly a dumb@ss).

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Agreed.

The question I have is, is this a role model/publicity that most Arabs would be proud of or want? Especially considering the newest developments ie pole dancing.

What I understand about the pole dancing pictures is that it was a class to learn how to pole dance. It was held in a closed strip club during the daytime. They said that there were ladies taking the class that were lawyers, doctors, and even a judge. There are a few pictures of her pole dancing but she is fully clothed. More so than the sexy pictures that the Miss USA released of the contestants.

Meriem(F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.