Crissie

about to send off ! 134

4 posts in this topic

I just want to make sure I'm sending off the right stuff with my I 134. Maybe someone who's been through it before will spot a mistake. :unsure:

So I'm sending my fiance:

-the form itself

-tax transcripts for '08 and '09 (I was a student in '07 as well as not earning and a dependent of my parents)

-pay stubs from my new job going back to March 1 of this year. I was unemployed for part of Nov-Feb as I'd just moved back to the states.

-the original offer letter for my job stating annual salary, position and the end date for employment being the end of June 2011.

-a more recent letter from my boss saying pretty much the same as above, but dated in May to indicate that I'm still employed

I noticed that the form asks about my savings. Do I have to reply to that even if I'm basing my ability to support my fiance on my income? And if so, do I have to submit my most recent savings statement?

Also, that whole thing about making specific contributions at the bottom, does it hurt if you check no? He's going to live with me and eating my food. I don't consider that a specific contribution, as those things would have been paid for anyway. I just might end up buying a bit more food, that's all. I'll probably buy him other things as the need arises, but again, this isn't really a specific contribution.

Thank you everyone in advance for your help! :) I can't believe I've gotten this far in the process. It's taken ages!

Edited by Crissie

11/10/09 - K1 NOA1 date
4/22/10 - NOA2 mailed
7/21/10 - interview
8/27/10 - arrival in US
9/4/10 - wedding
10/2/10 - sent off AoS pack
12/27/10 - GC interview (approved)
10/09/12 - mailed application I-751
10/11/12 - NOA for I-175

4/23/13 - I-175 approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I just want to make sure I'm sending off the right stuff with my I 134. Maybe someone who's been through it before will spot a mistake. :unsure:

So I'm sending my fiance:

-the form itself

-tax transcripts for '08 and '09 (I was a student in '07 as well as not earning and a dependent of my parents)

-pay stubs from my new job going back to March 1 of this year. I was unemployed for part of Nov-Feb as I'd just moved back to the states.

-the original offer letter for my job stating annual salary, position and the end date for employment being the end of June 2011.

-a more recent letter from my boss saying pretty much the same as above, but dated in May to indicate that I'm still employed

I noticed that the form asks about my savings. Do I have to reply to that even if I'm basing my ability to support my fiance on my income? And if so, do I have to submit my most recent savings statement?

Also, that whole thing about making specific contributions at the bottom, does it hurt if you check no? He's going to live with me and eating my food. I don't consider that a specific contribution, as those things would have been paid for anyway. I just might end up buying a bit more food, that's all. I'll probably buy him other things as the need arises, but again, this isn't really a specific contribution.

Thank you everyone in advance for your help! :) I can't believe I've gotten this far in the process. It's taken ages!

You don't need to declare savings or any other assets unless you want the consulate to consider them in determining if you qualify.

I've seen people post on here that the Embassy in London wants you to check "Yes" for contributions.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I was going to add that I also have seen postings where the Embassy in London does want you to answer YES, "I intend..."

I do not think you should list a specific amount or duration. This is marraige, you are in it for the long haul.

You should write on the lines after checking the "I intend..." "to provide housing, food, etc...<you can write in more specifics> for beneficiary <enter name>."

This cannot be refused by the Embassy. I believe if you check "I do not intend..." then they will issue a 221g and ask the beneficiary to send the I-134 back to the Petitioner for correction.

Good luck

EDITED to add:

If your Embassy requests three years of tax forms or tax transctips, then you should write a letter stating why you were exempt from filing a tax return for 2007. Just sign and date the letter. (No notarization needed as you are signing an affidavit already.)

Edited by Audy_Rob

Naturalization N-400

Thank you! That's very good to know.

11/10/09 - K1 NOA1 date
4/22/10 - NOA2 mailed
7/21/10 - interview
8/27/10 - arrival in US
9/4/10 - wedding
10/2/10 - sent off AoS pack
12/27/10 - GC interview (approved)
10/09/12 - mailed application I-751
10/11/12 - NOA for I-175

4/23/13 - I-175 approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.