Danni and Hamza

Email from Algeria Embassy, I-134

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey guys, I have been trying ot get ready for after we get our NOA2. I have read alot on VJ about whats needed for the I-134 affidavit of support. Theres alot of information floating around out there, and everything seems to differ. Alot of posts said that the evidence you need to have, to go along with this form, is different for every embassy. So I decided to go straight to the source. Here is what the email I sent :

Hi,

My name is Danielle Walton, I am the USC petioner for a K1 fiance visa. This application is still at the Vermont service center, but I am trying to prepare for when it reaches the embassy there in Algeria. To help in making this a more smooth, and fast process. I have a couple questions, I hopt that you can find the time to reply. I realize your very busy there, so I hope this isnt too much of an imposition.

My question is regarding the I-134 affidavit of support. What evidence do you require to support the affidavit ? I will have a co-sponser as well, do they require the same evidence ? I have Tax transcripts, for the last three years, and also pay stubs. Is there more that you require, or would be beneficial to send along ?

Thank you for your time, and response :)

Danni

And this is the response I got :

Dear Sir,

Be informed that your last individual income tax 1040, W2 or tax transcript will be enough.

Regards

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Algiers

I think that I will print this email, and send it along with the I-134, incase they say that they need more then this, once they recieve it. Im also sending the paystubs, just for a lil extra cushion.

4/16/10- I129F Sent by Danni

4/20/10- I129F Received at VSC

4/22/10- NOA1 sent from VSC

4/26/10- NOA1 received by Danni

6/28/10- NOA2 Received by text and email at 11:32pm

6/29/10- NVC Received K1 package

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

7/08/10- Algeria Embassy received Package sent from NVC

7/26/10- Received Packet 3 Via Email, after I called them to inquire about it.

8/15/10- Medical Exam 9 am

8/17/10 INTERVIEW!!! Resulted in Admin Review

10/04/10 Embassy Interviewed Hamza's Dad over the telephone

10/06/10 Embassy Interviewed me over the phone

11/30/10 Embassy Emailed Hamza, with approval Notice!!!!!

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

12/31/10 Hamza's Flight to the USA!

12/31/10...7:19 PM Hamza Arrived in the US! Best New Years Ever!

2/22/11 Married!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-d8faZtdOc

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I didn't work for most of the years I was married, but since my husband worked with an EAD in the US I was able to use his income. I sent two tax transcripts from the year 2005 and 2006 but since I worked a partial year in 2007 I sent extra information which included: 2007 tax transrcips, salary verification letter, and 3 current paystubs. Might be overkill or uncessesary, but I didn't want any trouble. I didn't have a co-sponsor so I can't say for sure, but I think it's safe to assume you bot need the same evidence of income.

event.png

Timeline

I didn't work for most of the years I was married, but since my husband worked with an EAD in the US I was able to use his income. I sent two tax transcripts from the year 2005 and 2006 but since I worked a partial year in 2007 I sent extra information which included: 2007 tax transrcips, salary verification letter, and 3 current paystubs. Might be overkill or uncessesary, but I didn't want any trouble. I didn't have a co-sponsor so I can't say for sure, but I think it's safe to assume you bot need the same evidence of income.

Mom of 1

Thanks for sharing, what you sent. Its always a good idea I think, to go overkill, with this :) Im going to try to send as much as I can. I just wanted to be sure, and have a clear Idea from the embassy. Also I think it will good to be able to attach this Email to my Affidavit. Im going to send paystubs, and a letter from my employer as well. My dad who is my cosponser, is uncofortable asking his employer for a statement... Hes very accepting and happy for my Engagement... but I think he dosnt want to have to explain the situation to his employer. idk. So hopefully his Tax transcripts, and pay stubs will be enough.

Henia

Thanks for this offer. I would love to hear, any tips, or suggestion you have with dealing with the algeria embassy, or just any thing that I should know, thats not commom knowledge :)

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

2/22/11 Married!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Mom of 1

Thanks for sharing, what you sent. Its always a good idea I think, to go overkill, with this :) Im going to try to send as much as I can. I just wanted to be sure, and have a clear Idea from the embassy. Also I think it will good to be able to attach this Email to my Affidavit. Im going to send paystubs, and a letter from my employer as well. My dad who is my cosponser, is uncofortable asking his employer for a statement... Hes very accepting and happy for my Engagement... but I think he dosnt want to have to explain the situation to his employer. idk. So hopefully his Tax transcripts, and pay stubs will be enough.

Henia

Thanks for this offer. I would love to hear, any tips, or suggestion you have with dealing with the algeria embassy, or just any thing that I should know, thats not commom knowledge :)

Your dad doesn't have to explain anything to his employer. He should go to HR and ask for a salary verification letter. They can give his hourly salary if he's paid that way or his annual pay if he's salaried. He can then attatch paystubs if he likes. No one needs to know a reason.

Also, the salary verification pay stubs are only really needed if you made less money on your previous tax return than you do currently. For me, because I worked a partial year my income wasn't enough for 2007 but my current income was well over the required guidelines. I used the salary verification letter and paystubs to prove that i currently made enough to sponsor him.

When my husband's visa was issued in 2009 they didn't ask for 2008 tax transcripts even though it had been about a year since his interview where 2007 transcripts were used. Algeria is a pretty easygoing helpful embassy IMO.

event.png

Timeline

Your dad doesn't have to explain anything to his employer. He should go to HR and ask for a salary verification letter. They can give his hourly salary if he's paid that way or his annual pay if he's salaried. He can then attatch paystubs if he likes. No one needs to know a reason.

Also, the salary verification pay stubs are only really needed if you made less money on your previous tax return than you do currently. For me, because I worked a partial year my income wasn't enough for 2007 but my current income was well over the required guidelines. I used the salary verification letter and paystubs to prove that i currently made enough to sponsor him.

When my husband's visa was issued in 2009 they didn't ask for 2008 tax transcripts even though it had been about a year since his interview where 2007 transcripts were used. Algeria is a pretty easygoing helpful embassy IMO.

Thanks Mom of 1

My dads income is salaried, but most of his income comes from comission. He exceeds the required income, for sponsoring (co-sponsoring) So, if I guess it will be acceptable for him to send just the transcripts. I only had a few months of work history on this years tax's. So I think to be safe, I should send in my employer verifcation letter, and pay stubs. :). I know everyone here on Vj hopes for this... but i just hope to get everything right the first time around, to try to escape delays. This whole process can cause some anxiety. As im sure you know. SOOOO Im so thankful for all the wonderful support, and information, and feeling of community that we get here at VJ. Thanks again, for the info.

2/22/11 Married!!!

Timeline

Thanks Mom of 1

My dads income is salaried, but most of his income comes from comission. He exceeds the required income, for sponsoring (co-sponsoring) So, if I guess it will be acceptable for him to send just the transcripts. I only had a few months of work history on this years tax's. So I think to be safe, I should send in my employer verifcation letter, and pay stubs. :). I know everyone here on Vj hopes for this... but i just hope to get everything right the first time around, to try to escape delays. This whole process can cause some anxiety. As im sure you know. SOOOO Im so thankful for all the wonderful support, and information, and feeling of community that we get here at VJ. Thanks again, for the info.

2/22/11 Married!!!

Timeline

Thanks Mom of 1

2/22/11 Married!!!

Timeline

Thanks Mom of 1

Thanks Mom of 1

2/22/11 Married!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.