martinbr

Interview June 4th for my wife and child

13 posts in this topic

My wife and my stepchild are supposed to be in Manila on June 4th for there interviews. I would like to get a idea on what kind of questions they are asking. I went over the Wiki search engine for some answers, and if they start asking some of the questions on that list, my wife is in trouble. There is no way she is going to remember my ex-wife's name, where I worked and did for a living, what my daughter's name is, ect.. I had a very nasty divorce right before my new wife got married, so there wasn't a lot of talk about my ex-wife. My wife's english is not very good, and I think she should probably ask for a interpeter to assist her so she can better understand the questions. She will not be able to answer questions like, how much child support I have to pay, alimony, ect..

Also, the only proof that we have for our marriage is the phone bills that I saved with here phone number on it, wedding photos, and all the Western Union receipts that I have saved for money that I sent to her. Also one more thing, how about a cenomar? Why would I need that if she is married? I have NSO copies of marriage certificates and birth certificates.

Do I have something to worry about here? Are they really going to be asking all these questions?

thanks,

martinbr

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey martin, I can't help with those Q's but I just wanted to say I'm glad your wife received her interview. Best of luck to all of you ... :star:

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

My wife and my stepchild are supposed to be in Manila on June 4th for there interviews. I would like to get a idea on what kind of questions they are asking. I went over the Wiki search engine for some answers, and if they start asking some of the questions on that list, my wife is in trouble. There is no way she is going to remember my ex-wife's name, where I worked and did for a living, what my daughter's name is, ect.. I had a very nasty divorce right before my new wife got married, so there wasn't a lot of talk about my ex-wife. My wife's english is not very good, and I think she should probably ask for a interpeter to assist her so she can better understand the questions. She will not be able to answer questions like, how much child support I have to pay, alimony, ect..

Also, the only proof that we have for our marriage is the phone bills that I saved with here phone number on it, wedding photos, and all the Western Union receipts that I have saved for money that I sent to her. Also one more thing, how about a cenomar? Why would I need that if she is married? I have NSO copies of marriage certificates and birth certificates.

Do I have something to worry about here? Are they really going to be asking all these questions?

thanks,

martinbr

hi,

I just had my interview and I made an observation for some people. i was seated infront of the pre screener so I can hear what the pre screener ask to the applicant. these are the questions i heard from people who married a divorce american.

1.who is the petitioner?

2.when his marriage terminated?

3.do you know his ex wife name?

4.name of his kids? how old are they?

5.how many times he get married?

6.do you have kids? how old?

7.are you married to his father? where is he?

8.what is your husband do for living?

9. where he lived?

10.what is your birthday?how old are you?

they will also ask your stepchild but its really easy questions. they will ask how old is she/he?. I suggest that she will request for cenomar to show that she married once. Im sure they will ask for that because your wife has a child. She can call this number to request for cenomar 7371112. It takes 7 to 10days .

The consular will ask same questions from the pre screener. make some emails and message archive. use skype to take a snapshot will your talking.

In my experience the pre screener and the consular dont even look all my pics. the Co was asked one pic and he asked me Is this you (pointing his finger in my face) and is this your husband? I said yes. and then he return the pics,chatlogs,emails,and cards that I gave from my pre screening. she can request for the interpreter.people from the embassy are very accomadating.

Goodluck to your wifey and stepchild!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks,

martinbr

Hello ! Martin,

I could give you advice ,about the Cenomar, It'a Absolutely required for her to pass the Interview, They will Honor the Cenomar that been requested by You ,The Petitioner, even She can do it to apply by herself, that is not the One USCIS to be Accepted But the One you did, By Applying It, thru Online, Pay it On Line Amounting USD 25.00 You have to go to www.eCensus.com.ph This how You wiil do it,Fill Up All Important Questions, Requester's Name: IS YOU, Delivery Address: U S Consulate General PHILIPPINES COMPLETE ADDRESS ,Request Type: CENOMAR, your wife name,Her Birth Day ,Her Birth Place.Ensure you Print it Out the Acknowledgement Notification, 2 pages,And Send it to your wife, for her to Bring to the Interview date. CENOMAR will be Directly send to US PHILIPPINES BY THE NSO PHILIPPINES. CENO MAR- means Certificate of No Marriages, if Appears She is Married, She must Have to prove, that Marriages is Already Annulled, and Already Married to you By Showing Your Marriages Certificate. If She is A Single mom before had kids but not Married, you have nothing to Worry, It will Appear to CENOMAR ,that She will no Records of Married. GOD BLESS YOU ! Good LUCK.

thanks,

martinbr

CENOMAR is only required for a K-1 visa applicant. What's your wife need for her interview is CEMAR (Certificate of Marriage).

Good luck on their upcoming interview.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

CENOMAR is only required for a K-1 visa applicant. What's your wife need for her interview is CEMAR (Certificate of Marriage).

That's what I don't understaned about Cenomar. I have a NSO copy of it which shows that she was never married before we got married, but a couple of people mentioned that I should send it in case they ask. I just don't want to confuse the embassy. So you are saying if we have the NSO marriage certificate were good to go?

martinbr

Edited by martinbr

Hey martin, I can't help with those Q's but I just wanted to say I'm glad your wife received her interview. Best of luck to all of you ... :star:

Thanks for much for your support. This has been a trying experience for me. If she passes interview, I still have to manage to get enough money together for plane tickets, place to live, ect.. I have a major hurdle to overcome her. I pray every day that everyting is going to turn out alright.

martinbr

That's what I don't understaned about Cenomar. I have a NSO copy of it which shows that she was never married before we got married, but a couple of people mentioned that I should send it in case they ask. I just don't want to confuse the embassy. So you are saying if we have the NSO marriage certificate were good to go?

martinbr

Its called CENOMAR if your not married yet. Its CEMAR if you married. but the NSO called it cenomar eventhough your married or not. I requested that. It show how many times i get married ,who is my parents,to whom i get married and when and where..

she can call the number I gave. That is NSO. they will deliver it to her address. It costs 430 pesos.

thanks,

martinbr

Hi. Hope this link helps...details of my interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/166135-usem-interview-today-dec-9/page__hl__USEM%20Dec%209%20interview

I was trying to find th e list of documents that I had posted on here shortly before my interview, but I have forgotten what the exact title was. But, anyway, other proofs of your relationships would be bank accounts, wedding pictures and pictures of you together with your wife and pictures with your stepchild. Tell her to make a separate collection of photos of herself with her child, to prove that the child has been with her since birth. Telephone correspondences, cards/letters to each other, emails, chat logs...they asked all of these from me. How old is your child? the only question they asked my then 6-year-old daughter was her name, my name, and her now daddy's name. Frankly, the pre-screener is more brutal than the CO :blink: , and they seem temperamental for some reason. You may want to give her the answers to the questions ont he WIKI search engine and have her go through them every single day prior to her interview. She can be asked anything.

About the CEMAR...your wife will be filling out the same form as the CENOMAR. We had submitted one with our papers but I requested my own copy to show the CO if asked for it.

Goodluck to you all :)

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Its called CENOMAR if your not married yet. Its CEMAR if you married. but the NSO called it cenomar eventhough your married or not. I requested that. It show how many times i get married ,who is my parents,to whom i get married and when and where..

she can call the number I gave. That is NSO. they will deliver it to her address. It costs 430 pesos.

I sent a Cenomar with papers dated 2007 right before we got married which shows she was single and never married. If I have a certified marriage certificate. Wouldn't that be sufficient? I know you or someone mentioned that if she has a child out of wedlock which might raise suspicion which she has nothing to hide anyway because that's exactly what happened. I might just go down and get one of the updated NSO CEMARS in which you described though just to play it on the safe side. Thank you for your suggestions,

martinbr

martinbr

As other poster have said, your wife will be filling out the form as the CENOMAR, but since she is already married, the printed copy that would come out will be the certificate of your marriage a.k.a CEMAR.

Yes, you'll good to go with this one.

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Just want to wish you both a successful interview. If she has trouble with English, then it would be best that she ask for an interpeter. Go over with her some of the possible questions that might be asked. Tell her to be confident and prepared. This is your last major hurdle to have them both with you! I wish you all the best!!:thumbs:

Just want to wish you both a successful interview. If she has trouble with English, then it would be best that she ask for an interpeter. Go over with her some of the possible questions that might be asked. Tell her to be confident and prepared. This is your last major hurdle to have them both with you! I wish you all the best!!:thumbs:

Thank you for your support. Everyone has been great here. I pray things will work out. And yes, it's finally becoming the end of this long journey I have been on. :)

martinbr

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.